• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Mulan zapped like whoa

ZAPPED! Mulan zapped like whoa

LittleBird

Kimagination
Rating - 100%
189   0   0
Y'all, I have been on this forum coming up on six years now, and I am still blown away by the generosity and genuine excitement for others that people display here.

This will come as a shock, but I was a wee bit excited when I learned a Mulan puzzle set was coming. And this past week was the glorious moment. First I asked resident wizard Merlin to pick up three boxes for me, which he did, as graciously as ever:
qpbOe0C.jpg

(He sent me pictures because I was too impatient to wait for shipping.)

BUT THEN... he sent a picture of two more boxes with a highly suspicious "Love, Ann" message:
ThiGqp5.jpg

This could only be the work of one @Addicted to Alice Pins! AND DO YOU SEE THAT MULAN CHASER? DO YOU? (And let's give it up for Merlin's magic touch that picked out FIVE DIFFERENT PINS.)

BUT THEN... I get the mail today and there are TWO pin packages inside:
OoZgVEe.jpg

For those keeping track at home, that's a total of six mystery boxes with SIX DIFFERENT PINS! I'M ALREADY HALFWAY DONE, Y'ALL! @Shelterkat had the magic touch that pulled me the other Mulan pin from the set. DESTINY? I've been expecting your call!

BUT THEN... you'll notice the other non-puzzle Mulan beauty that snuck into this post. I was also a wee bit excited way back in December when I learned there would be a Mulan Park Pack. Numerous people (and I mean NUMEROUS people) offered me their pins, but I (like a fool) thought I would be content with just the pins I received. HA, DECEMBER SELF! HAHA!

So I recently put out the call, and @momin.ator answered in a big way! She sent me that beautiful Mulan and Fa Zhou pin out of the pure kindness of her heart. (And this isn't the first time she's done this for me, mind.)

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, ALL! I am so touched by your generosity and your obvious enthusiasm for granting wishes. :)

Last edited:
I can't believe you got 6 different pins in 6 pulls -- living the dream!!!! Here's hoping the other 6 follow swiftly. :D

PS: We both know I would never have the luck to pull a chaser for myself, so I'm glad I didn't inflict my curse on you. (Say it with me: "And you KNOW I'ma get a dwarf!")

Congratulations Kim! That clean Wisconsin lifestyle is paying off. I can't believe you got 6 pieces of the puzzle as zaps with no doubles, and the Mulan / Fa Zhou pin to boot. All of China Rejoices!
giphy.gif

Did you think we were done? Did you think @bcol would let people send Mulan zaps and not join in? Silly rabbits.

Yep. I got the last two Park Pack pins I wanted today, courtesy of Bruce (known to the USPS return address system as "Bent Pole Custom Crankbaits" [which is in fact a real business and the proprietor is in fact named Bruce, but he lives in Florida, not Jersey]).

gkX1YNa.jpg

Mulan Board #2 isn't looking too shabby:

BAMgwEe.jpg

It wouldn't look nearly as good without Bruce's help (still not over that 20th anniversary DSSH pin he sent). Thank you, PFGF (Pin Fairy Godfather)!

Back