• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

VINYL My First 9" Custom Vinyl - ' Just a little bit of Pixie Dust' (Picture Heavy)

VINYL My First 9" Custom Vinyl - ' Just a little bit of Pixie Dust' (Picture Heavy)

*fi_fi*tinkerbell

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
So quite a while ago i started my first Vinyl i Took a London Taxi i had picked up spare, and began to strip it down (the print is very thick in places) and removed arms and Head - Its Harder than it looks

8126056350_60830c339c.jpg
8126058018_f9d1db6119.jpg

after sanding it down, it got a base coat of white primer, and then it sat on the kitchen counter for a couple of months whilst i tried to work out how to transfer the idea in my head on to a 3D canvas (No photos of that bit. Lol!)

After working out what i wanted it was now just a case of getting it on the vinyl so after a couple of hours under the Dremel my nice blank Vinyl transfored in to this:
8126055680_efe779f0d3.jpg

Not looking like much yet, but then it started to come together, a few ebay orders later, and hours of threading Fibre Optic Cables through each whole, and a few thin coats of a dark metalic blue and my London Cab had been transformed :)

7980577390_d5eba83b35.jpg

And when the lights are out it shines in its full glory..... All you need is Faith, Trust and a Little Bit of Pixie Dust

7980575219_b0b4e2463e.jpg

I think ive offically caught the Custom bug and cant wait to make my next one, i just need to work out which idea i should go with! :)

Wow! Ive never liked vinyls but this one made me go awwwwwww! Its amazing and the pattern is very nice. Congratulations it magical.

Thanks for all the comments Guys, your all too sweet :)

Grim - i Have no idea how to upload videos, only just mastered putting pics up, but if someone can teach me that would be awesome, as ive now slightly adapted it so that the lights change colour. But no video of its production, if thats what you meant :)

I really like what you did with the vinyl. Do you think you could do one so that the lights form a Classic Disney D? I would love to see it if you could. Would not even have to have Tinker Bell on it. Truly AMAZING!

Back