My First Post

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by basilfan, Mar 24, 2020.

1. basilfan

basilfan Pin Detective

0   0   0

Oh, thank you, one and all. So many greetings!

2. basilfan

basilfan Pin Detective

0   0   0

Ah! Got accepted to a Facebook trading group. Now to see if it works for me.

3. basilfan

basilfan Pin Detective

0   0   0

Nuts, I forgot the 10-day rule. Ah, well...

4. Wander Trico

Wander Trico Member

0   0   0

Hello! Welcome!
    Congrats on getting accepted into a facebook group. They're all still rejecting me lol.
    At least I got into a fantasy pin group. Better than nothing.
    Hope you get lots of trades ^^

5. basilfan

basilfan Pin Detective

0   0   0

Well, the group, Disney King Pins (my first tray at trading on Facebook), is certainly nice. And they accepted me without a hassle.

It has the problems inherent in Facebook which always kept me away; that hasn't changed.

But every single reply I've gotten has been to sell to me, not trade with me. :( Not what I was looking for at all.

6. basilfan

basilfan Pin Detective

0   0   0

Next up to try: Pin Trading Infinity.

7. stratasfan

stratasfan Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I see you are at 26 messages! Yay! -grin- You're almost there for trading!

8. basilfan

basilfan Pin Detective

0   0   0

Yep, I'm counting. ...27...

9. basilfan

basilfan Pin Detective

0   0   0

10. basilfan

basilfan Pin Detective

0   0   0

Well, now, here's a bit of a sticky wicket.

After much toil, I am finally allowed to post pins for trade, and I can't get any photos up. I click the photo icon, and it doesn't take me to my hard drive where the pics are stored. I tried copying and pasting, but that had no effect.

How do you all get your pics into your posts?

11. stratasfan

stratasfan Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

You have to host your pictures somewhere. You can't upload an image directly to the forum. While, I'm not much help as we host them on our private website, I know you have to host them somewhere. Maybe someone will come back with some actual sites. Way back, it was ImageShck. there is something like Imgur or something. TinyPic. Something like that!

12. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

It took me forever to start uploading pics. I don't use many apps, but I finally gave in and started using the Tapatalk app (just to upload photos.) This app will host them... ie, you can upload them into DPF on the Tapatalk app and they appear on the web platform.

13. basilfan

basilfan Pin Detective

0   0   0

I am speechless. Well, nearly. All that work to qualify, and now I have to upload pics online, too? What next?

14. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

Using Tapatalk is just as easy as direct uploading. IMHO... But it is something else to learn/download.

15. basilfan

basilfan Pin Detective

0   0   0

Beat that's your phone you're talking about. I use a laptop.

16. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

… I use my laptop to post (ie, what I am doing right now.) But yes, I use my smart phone for tapatalk. Since I also take the photos on my phone it is pretty simple to upload the pics from my phone using tapatalk.

17. basilfan

basilfan Pin Detective

0   0   0

Yeah, my pics are all on my hard drive, nothing on my phone.

18. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    113   0   0

I am sure I am stating the obvious... but I will email files to myself to move them between devices. I know... another step... so totally get the extra work... :(

But I will say, I for one would love to see what you have for trade.

19. gargress

gargress (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ First Time @ DLR: Sept 2020! *:・゚✧ DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

Hi hi and welcome! The DPF forum and Facebook groups (i.e., Disney Pin Trading and Disney Pin Trading/Selling) definitely seem more active than PinPics these days. Member approval was easy but took a few days. Hope you can hop in and join the pin trading fun.

That sounds cumbersome for sure. Dropbox and Google Photos have been a saving grace in terms of syncing photos between 3 devices; mobile, laptop, and home server. After 1 install of Dropbox, everything can be set to auto-sync or selective sync by folder. Both services have free and paid options you can try.

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.