• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

My new frame! [January 9]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new frame! [January 9]

cheriexx

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Looking through all your gorgeous pictures on here made me want to get started on framing my collections! I found a great frame at the weekend that is perfect and made a start tonight.

The back of the frame is like this:
p1000594p.jpg

I used some foam board like this:
pvcfoamboard.jpg

I arranged the pins out first so I knew they would fit into the frame.

And the finished thing! If you click through to Flickr, each pin is tagged with the Pin Pics number and edition size.

The foam was too thick for the backers to go on, so I covered the spikes with Blu-Tack!
p1000605o.jpg

I'm going to put little hooks on either side of the back and use string to hang it on my wall in the office with lots of other great Disney things.

Cute Stitch pins!

Maybe you should add some color though, it's a lot of white. Like paint a faux finish on the foam board or something. but I think it's a great start so far! Keep it up!

I actually really like all the white in the background. It really makes the pins POP! Nice frame.
Thank you! ♥

Cute Stitch pins!

Maybe you should add some color though, it's a lot of white. Like paint a faux finish on the foam board or something. but I think it's a great start so far! Keep it up!
Oh no. The white matches my office decor perfectly, and who wants to be looking at a background - the pins need to stand out!

The display is awesome! Would love to know how you did that Flikr trick.
When viewing an image at the top left there are links to Action and Share. Clicking on Action brings down a menu of options, what I did to add the pin numbers was 'Add a Note'. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back