• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PIN HAUL My Nov '22 Disneyland Pin Haul

PIN HAUL My Nov '22 Disneyland Pin Haul

Sithathoriunet

Super Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Spent four and a half days at DL last week with a group of ladies in my neighborhood that I've become close with in the last few years, dare I say besties? I think so, because they put up with me hobbling along so slowly with my cane, and even rented a wheelchair and pushed me around both parks on our last full day when I had completely run out of steam. I was shaking every time I stood up to transfer to a ride, so they took turns helping me to my seat and then back to the wheelchair. I felt very well taken care of, both by them and by cast members.
They were also very patient with me searching for and stopping at pin boards. I have pin traded at WDW, but this was my first time at DL. Most of the boards were full of scrappers as warned, but I did manage to find a few goodies.
Now that I've been back home for a few days, nursing the cold that I brought home with me, I find myself wishing that I had purchased more pins, both for my own collection and for trading.
If I could do it again, I would have bought at least one more box of the BatB windows and tried one more box of the Lunar New Year pins. I was surprised to see so many boxes of the latter, all over the place, really. Should have tried again to get the last one I need to complete the set, Daisy. I was also surprised to see bags of Wishables pins still on the racks. Should have bought at least one bag of those for trading. Next time I won't hold back. Haha!
The little Donald collection happened because my Grandpa Donald passed away a few weeks ago, and his funeral ended up being scheduled during my trip. I had mentioned to my friends that I would like to purchase a Donald Duck pin on the day of the funeral to remember him by, but lo and behold, there are NO pins of Donald by himself available to purchase. So my friends started looking for him on the pin boards, and helped me find all of these. One of my friends found the keychain in the Frontierland pin shop, and was kind enough to gift that to me on the day of the funeral, which I thought was very sweet of her.
All in all, it was a wonderful trip. So many great memories made, and nice to get away to some warmer weather. It was snowing and hailing here in Utah while we were gone!
ab8d80b7aaa3fd3a30f1d21e4671b67a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

We’re sorry for you loss. We have a friend who loves Donald for a similar happy reason and we do our best to send them as many Donald pins as possible! We see a couple pins of interest - I’ll private message you!

Glad to hear you had a wonderful trip overall!

Nice haul! Congrats on them and a great trip. Sorry to hear of your grandfather. But it's nice how those pins are extra special.

Back