• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Mystery character hats and vinylmation jr help please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mystery character hats and vinylmation jr help please!!

disneypincrazed

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone....

I have a concern that I have fallen victim to buying fakes....

Here is my story...

I bought these pin packs on a certain auction site that begins with an "E" (I know I know beware of the "E" site)...and they were not heavily discounted, only by a few $$.

Both sets of these pins came in sealed packs and disney parks price sticker (I have photo's)

The sets are as follows...

First set in question is: Pin 93701: Character Earhat - Mystery Pack
This set when I opened the sealed pack, the pins inside were in clear plastic baggies. Now last year when I bought a mystery pack like this (different set) they came in black baggies. The back has the mickey heads and I compared them to other ones I have (that were purchased at WDW) and they are the same, no signs of a border like a scrapper would show.

My questions for this set are: 1. Are they counterfieting packaging now? 2. Are the fakes becoming that good that you can't tell the difference? 3. Is Disney going the cheaper route on the bags?

Pin 92673: Vinylmation Jr #6 Mystery Pin Pack -Snow White (THIS IS FOR THE ENTIRE SET - PIN PICS DID NOT HAVE JUST THE BAG)

Same thing, came in the sealed bag, price sticker but when I opened them, they were not in any type of baggies just loose. I remember my vinylmation jr's small world packs came in the black baggies. The back has the mickey heads and I compared them to other ones I have (that were purchased at WDW) and they are the same, no signs of a border like a scrapper would show.

My questions for this set are: 1. Are they counterfieting packaging now? 2. Are the fakes becoming that good that you can't tell the difference? 3. Is Disney going the cheaper route and not putting the vinylmation jr's in bags now?

I have gotten some pretty bad scrappers off cast lanyards so I do know what to look for, it's just these are sealed bags, and the inside baggies are throwing me off....are they now counterfieting the bags as well??

Also I asked around on some pin group on facebook and a lady said she was in Disneyland at the moment and that's how the hats come now and how they are now packing the vinylmation jr, just seems very strange to me that Disney wouldn't use the black bags anymore....unless they are going the cheaper route these days, which I know on some stuff they are,unfortunatley.

ANY HELP OR INFO IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.....THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Thank you for the replies...UGH WHAT IS DISNEY DOING TO US!! LOL I see those bags and just automatically think, well I'm sure you know...I just figured to buy them now so when we go to WDW it's one less thing to lug around the park and take home.

There have been a lot of crazy issues like that with packaging over the last couple of years. Last year I bought one of the Vinylmation Park mystery boxes from WDW, and in it was a pin that was from Park #1, and it was poorly made. AND, the set I was buying was like Park #7 or something. It came in all the right packaging and everything. I don't know how their quality control is doing, but I was surprised by something so terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.