• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Never Did I Ever...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never Did I Ever...

Chusaurus

Beautiful Tomorrow Admirer -née Chubs191
Rating - 98.5%
64   1   0
Think I would trade for this pin or get this doll!
14218581_10209154568534708_1298382729_n.jpg

I've gone to several pin events over the years and have never seen this pin on a person before PinCon. It took me way over trading for it, but I got her! Second on my graily list of grails! I've actually gotten quite a few in the past two years, and it astonishes me how difficult it is to trade for Ariel pins every time. It took me the whole event and almost arranging a three way trade for the trader to agree to the trade. Ariel pins have been plummeting in value over the past year, but I know psychologically people tend to overvalue the thing that they have by up to 2.6x. See awesome sciency video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hup_8uDXJx8

I also feel super fortunate to have the heirloom Cinderella in my collection. She's a display doll from my coworker, who could no longer keep her for space reasons. I'm really growing to love her dress, but I'm gonna make her a new one a see which one I like more.

Is there anything that you got recently that made you think "Never did I ever"?

Wow....that pin!!!! Congrats on your new acquisitions....both are lovely.

Unfortunately, I have not acquired anything of grail or near-grail quality in quite a long time.

I've been told to be patient when it comes to grail hunting.....I'm trying.

That is a gorgeous Ariel pin! Congratulations!

I haven't added much to my collection lately, but I definitely have some pins that seemed beyond my reach when I started. I've been fortunate to be the recipient of some true generosity of spirit from other traders.

Congratulations! That pin is beautiful and so is the doll! I remember trading for the Rapunzel PTD on Pinpics, I had been sending trade requests for months and months to no avail. Eventually someone accepted a trade and now it is the crown jewel of my collection! I never thought I would ever obtain that one, so I certainly do know the feeling! I'm delighted that you're experiencing this emotion right now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back