• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New annoying virus-y ads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
New annoying virus-y ads?

staykawaii

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I the only one getting ads that you'd get on skeezy sites? They randomly open windows, ads pop up taking over the whole page saying congrats I won 9 million dollars, I opened the homepage and it immediately opened Facebook which is kind of unnerving...

have we been hacked or are we just reaching new depths of advertising on the site?
am I the only one noticing?

Yep, I've noticed this too. They routinely pop up on Safari when I'm using my phone, but don't seem to appear when I'm on a computer or using the Tapatalk app. :confused:

We are aware of this and we have asked Cicada to look into it. In the meantime, use pop-up blocker software and close any links that pop up without opening them.

I have an ad blocker and it's still happening... so you might as well just get work done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I will let Cicada know it's happening on the phone. I tested on my phone today and I wasn't getting them, but I do remember getting them in the past on my phone as well.

Ironically, I clicked on this tread and something was added to my downloads folder in addition to a new window pop-up. It seems to be consistently happening when I click on the login information. :(

Hi everyone,

Yes, I'm aware of this -- the last site update fixed it temporarily, and it seems to have come back. I'll be looking into it further; it seems like there was a sql injection somewhere, and i'll need to either hire a company to look into it, or comb through the database myself, as I haven't run into any solutions yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back