• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New but old

New but old

GhostTrains

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Hello,
I used to be a major collector and trader. Ppnhli and Jackdisneyrxrmansionguy were our pinpics id's. Recently I was going through stuff and found a bunch of pieces from my collection. a few years ago I did holiday games and posted other games on the boards to win pins. I lost interest many years ago when my wife passed. I would like to get all this stuff outta here. How should I disperse these pieces?
Kirk Laffman

I'm sorry for your loss and also that it took the wind out of your collecting sails. We certainly enjoy games here (as you likely already know from your prior games) so that would be one way of doing it. And if you are looking to turn the pins into money, a game would help with that as well. You could also theme the game in some way that you feel would honor your wife. For example, if she was a fan of the Haunted Mansion, you could have people tell a story of a memorable HM experience they have as a requirement to get in the game, or to get a "bonus" pin, etc. I (and I'm sure others) would be glad to help you brainstorm ideas if you like. And there's other options like sales and such depending on how much you want to turn them into a profit and how much time you want to spend on them versus just getting them gone.

Hi Kirk, it's nice to have you here. I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your wife. This is a very welcoming and supportive community, so I'm sure you'll find a way that feels suitable and will be successful to liquidate your collection.

Welcome back Kirk. I remember your game from a few years ago. I did a sale where I sold the pins for
"almost cost" to help an older friend. The prices listed on PinPics except for some that were more valuable.
Surprisingly it made quite a bit. Whatever you do, I'm sure it will be appreciated.

I'm sorry about the loss of your wife and pin partner. There a couple different paths. If you care about getting fair value, Ebay is still the best option, but takes a lot of time to list and ship. If you care about expediency more than value there are a lot of people who buy collections, but they will only offer $1-$2 a pin. Most of these people operate on Facebook or Instagram. There are a couple of places that operate actual businesses with storefronts. MyDPins in the Anaheim area and Pin HQ by GoPinPro in the Orlando area The game option may split the difference in that it takes some time to organize and ship, but you will get more money per pin. We haven't had a lot of games lately, although one of our members hosted one. So people would be eager to participate. And there is just a sales thread option, figure out a price for the lot, or maybe break it up into smaller lots, and see if you get any takers if you don't want to list pins individually.

Back