• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New Disney Store Doll Releases For 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Disney Store Doll Releases For 2012

DRJ1828

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Since the thread started by TheOtherSteve is becoming unwieldy, with so many new Disney Store doll releases, I've decided to create a new thread. Steve's thread original intent, to post newly discovered images of upcoming releases of Disney Princess dolls and related items, has become buried in a discussion of the many newly released dolls, including ones originally announced by Steve. It is difficult to keep track of the many new releases, as well as upcoming releases.

So my new thread is dedicated to Disney Store dolls that have been released since Christmas 2011. I'll make an exception for Wedding Cinderella, since she came out just a week before Christmas. They may be available in stores, or online or both. I'm going to try to keep an up to date list of them in the first post of this thread, so people don't have to scan the entire thread (or Steve's thread) to find out about new releases.

I propose that Steve's thread be for a discussion of upcoming (future) releases, and this thread for new releases, although of course people are free to continue to post in Steve's thread about new releases.

My first post will be under construction for awhile, as I gather information about the new releases, and post them here. Others may post updates in this thread or PM me for corrections and additions to the list. Unless specified otherwise, all information relates to US Disney Stores only.

New Releases Online and In Stores

Charlotte 12'' Doll (sold out online as of March 3, 2012)
Cinderella Fairy Godmother Doll -- 11'' H
Genie 12'' Doll
King Triton 12'' Doll
Once Upon a Wedding Cinderella 12'' Doll

(Following released online January 30, 2012)
Maximus 11'' Action Figure Doll
Mother Gothel 12'' Doll (sold out online as of March 3, 2012)
Seven Dwarfs Mini 5'' Doll Set
Disney Princess Mini 6'' Doll Sets:
Mini Disney Princess Doll Set #1 -- 4-Pc. (Belle, Tiana, Aurora and Pocahontas)
Mini Disney Princess Doll Set #2 -- 4-Pc. (Mulan, Cinderella, Jasmine and Snow White)
Mini Disney Princess Doll Set #3 -- 4-Pc. (Ariel and her sisters Alana, Adella, and Arista)
Three Good Fairies (Flora, Fauna, MerryWeather) Mini 6'' Doll Set

(Following released online February 15, 2012)
Tangled Plush Flynn 21'' Doll
Plush Bride Rapunzel 20'' Doll
Beauty and the Beast - Beast 17'' Plush

(Released online and instore February 21, 2012)
Pre-Order Limited Edition Tangled Ever After Rapunzel 17'' Wedding Doll
Tangled Ever After Rapunzel 12'' Wedding Doll
Tangled Ever After Mini Princess Doll Set
Tangled Ever After Flynn Rider 12'' Wedding Doll

Tangled Ever After Pascal Mini Plush -- 8'' L

Disney Princess Mini Plush 12'' Dolls:
(Released online and instore March 20, 2012)
Mini Snow White Plush Doll -- 12'' H
Mini Cinderella Plush Doll -- 12'' H
Mini Aurora Plush Doll -- 11'' H
Mini Ariel Plush Doll -- 12'' H
Mini Belle Plush Doll -- 11'' H
Mini Jasmine Plush Doll -- 12'' H
Mini Pocahontas Plush Doll -- 11'' H
Mini Mulan Plush Doll -- 11'' H
Mini Tiana Plush Doll -- 12'' H
Mini Rapunzel Plush Doll -- 11'' H

Brave Merida Dolls:
(Released online and instore April 23, 2012)
Classic Brave Merida Doll -- 11'' H
Toddler Brave Merida Doll -- 16'' H
Soft Merida Plush Doll -- 20'' H

New UK Disney Store Tangled Dolls

Rapunzel Classic Wedding Doll 12" (posable)
Rapunzel Mother Gothel Doll (12'' posable)
Rapunzel Mini Doll Set (5.5'' posable)
Rapunzel Mini Doll (12'' Plush Classic Rapunzel Doll)
Rapunzel Wedding Soft Toy Doll (20'' plush)
Flynn Rider 53cm Soft Toy Doll (21'' plush)

Last edited:
New Dolls on Sale at the Disney Store

My local store now has the latest dolls announced by ElleB and others in TheOtherSteve's thread. That is, the dolls that are so far only available in (some) Disney Stores, but not yet online. They include the following:

Flora, Fauna and Merryweather. The Three Good Fairies from ''Sleeping Beauty'', as 6'' mini dolls. They have vinyl head, hair and arms, and soft bean-bag torsos. They don't have any legs or feet. $16.50 US.

Seven Dwarfs Mini-Doll Set. Dopey, Happy, Bashful, Doc, Grumpy, Sleepy and Sneezy from ''Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" as 5 inch mini-dolls. Each of the dwarfs has an accessory - a shovel, pickaxe, or lantern. Comes in a cardboard display case with a handle. $29.50 US.

Maximus. White horse from ''Tangled'' as an 11'' high and long action figure, with sound effects. Tug on his hind legs and he lets out a short neigh. With blonde mane and tail, saddle and reign. $24.50 US.

Ariel and Sisters Mini-Doll Set. Ariel, Alana, Adella and Arista from ''The Little Mermaid'' as 6'' mini-dolls. $19.50 US.

Disney Princess Mini-Doll Sets. Two sets of four 6'' dolls each. One set has Snow White, Cinderella, Jasmine and Mulan. The other set has Aurora (Sleeping Beauty), Belle, Pocahontas and Tiana. $19.50 US each.

Also on display are various new plush dolls of the sidekicks of the Princesses.

Finally Mother Gothel, Charlotte, Genie, King Triton and Fairy Godmother are in the front display, along with the associated Prince and Princess dolls.

Here are photos of the store displays of these new dolls:

The Three Good Fairies Mini Doll Set by drj1828, on Flickr

Seven Dwarfs Mini Doll Set by drj1828, on Flickr

Maximus Action Doll by drj1828, on Flickr

Ariel and Her Sisters Mini Doll Set by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Princess Mini Doll Sets and Classic Doll Set by drj1828, on Flickr

Princess and Sidekicks Plushies by drj1828, on Flickr

New Princess and Sidekicks Doll Display by drj1828, on Flickr

Tangled Maximus 11'' Action Doll

Here are photos of the Tangled Maximus 11'' action doll, both boxed and unboxed.
Tangled Maximus 11'' Doll. New Disney Store Release for 2012. Available in Disney Stores, not online yet.

Maximus, the white horse sidekick character from ''Tangled'', as an 11'' long and tall hard plastic action figure. He is very stable on his four legs. His neck, head and legs move in unison. He also has articulated front knees. Tugging on his rear legs causes him to neigh for several seconds. He has a long blonde mane, a tail, and a top tuft. Also has a saddle and reigns. Made by Simba for the Disney Store. $24.50 US.

In combing out his tail and top tuft, a lot of his hair came out. So I didn't dare comb out his very tangled mane, instead I just smoothed it out using my hands. It looks pretty good anyway.

Tangled Maximus 11'' Doll Boxed - Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Tangled Maximus 11'' Doll Boxed - Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Tangled Maximus 11'' Doll Unboxed - Midrange Left Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Tangled Maximus 11'' Doll Unboxed - Left Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Tangled Maximus 11'' Doll Unboxed - Midrange Left Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Tangled Maximus 11'' Doll Unboxed - Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Tangled Maximus 11'' Doll Unboxed - Closeup Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Tangled Maximus 11'' Doll Unboxed - Right Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Tangled Maximus 11'' Doll Unboxed - Closeup Right Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Tangled Maximus 11'' Doll Unboxed - Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Tangled Maximus 11'' Doll Unboxed - Closeup Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Tangled Maximus 11'' Doll Unboxed - Right Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Tangled Maximus 11'' Doll Unboxed - Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Tangled Maximus 11'' Doll Unboxed - Left Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Tangled Maximus 11'' Doll Unboxed - Closeup of Saddle by drj1828, on Flickr

Tangled Maximus 11'' Doll Unboxed - Underside by drj1828, on Flickr

Tangled Maximus 11'' Doll Unboxed - Closeup Manufacturer's Mark by drj1828, on Flickr

Tangled Maximus 11'' Doll Unboxed - Full Left View #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

Tangled Maximus 11'' Doll Unboxed - Left View With Disney Parks Rapunzel by drj1828, on Flickr

Is it just me, or does a) the hair on Maximus look ridiculous, and b) his face look more like Samson than Maximus?

Agreed Pauly. They might as well do Pascal and or Louis from the Princess and the frog.
I do think think the seven dwars are neat.

I sure wish the 3 good fairies from Sleeping Beauty would be offered online!! We no longer have any Disney Stores in my area of Metro Detroit, Michigan. :(

Great pics, as always, DRJ1828!

Sadly, I have to say that Maximus is a bit of a "miss" for me. Although I don't think he looks like Samson, his snout (and his body overall) is just not broad or robust enough. He looks too dainty. I can see how his hair is a bit of a mess, though, as it is far too long. I know this is to appeal to a little girl's desire to brush and style the hair of their horse-toys, but it just looks wrong on a horse that is supposed to be Maximus. Perhaps if his hair were cut to saddle-height... He's also too short compared to the 12" dolls. The only horse doll I have is the one that came with the TDS Deluxe Snow White's Prince doll a few years back, and that horse looks perfect (though it was just a rather generic white-colored horse).

After seeing your pics of the new dolls in the stores, I think I really do want to get the Three Good Fairies and maybe also the Seven Dwarfs. I really need to cut back on my doll collecting, due to space issues, but they all look so good, particularly the dwarfs. Well, Grumpy looks like he's thinking something dirty and Sleepy also looks like he has to sneeze, but TDS really captured their signature looks in these mini-dolls. Bashful looks darling! Would you say that the box for the Seven Dwarfs is more-or-less about a foot/foot-and-a-half long? If so, that's not so bad and I may be able to find room for them somewhere.

Yeesh! The Seven Dwarfs 5" doll set is listed in the redonkulous over $100 price range on our ever-favorite auction site. Ugh, no thanks! I'll just wait until I find a set either at retail or online for $29.50. I hope no one feeds those listings! They aren't even limited edition.

Last edited:
Great pics, as always, DRJ1828!

Sadly, I have to say that Maximus is a bit of a "miss" for me. Although I don't think he looks like Samson, his snout (and his body overall) is just not broad or robust enough. He looks too dainty. I can see how his hair is a bit of a mess, though, as it is far too long. I know this is to appeal to a little girl's desire to brush and style the hair of their horse-toys, but it just looks wrong on a horse that is supposed to be Maximus. Perhaps if his hair were cut to saddle-height... He's also too short compared to the 12" dolls. The only horse doll I have is the one that came with the TDS Deluxe Snow White's Prince doll a few years back, and that horse looks perfect (though it was just a rather generic white-colored horse).

After seeing your pics of the new dolls in the stores, I think I really do want to get the Three Good Fairies and maybe also the Seven Dwarfs. I really need to cut back on my doll collecting, due to space issues, but they all look so good, particularly the dwarfs. Well, Grumpy looks like he's thinking something dirty and Sleepy also looks like he has to sneeze, but TDS really captured their signature looks in these mini-dolls. Bashful looks darling! Would you say that the box for the Seven Dwarfs is more-or-less about a foot/foot-and-a-half long? If so, that's not so bad and I may be able to find room for them somewhere.

Yeesh! The Seven Dwarfs 5" doll set is listed in the redonkulous over $100 price range on our ever-favorite auction site. Ugh, no thanks! I'll just wait until I find a set either at retail or online for $29.50. I hope no one feeds those listings! They aren't even limited edition.
Thanks, Shiva! You pegged the size of the Seven Dwarfs box - it is exactly 18'' wide. I will post photos of them deboxed shortly. There is another reseller listing for the "Classic Tangled" collection of the Disney Store's 12'' Rapunzel, Flynn Rider and Mother Gothel dolls, and the 11'' Maximus articulated doll. The price is $100 also, which isn't quite as bad as the Seven Dwarfs listing, since currently the four dolls retail price totals $55.

Seven Dwarfs Mini Doll Set Photos

The newly released Seven Dwarfs Mini Doll Set, by Simba Toys for Disney, and sold by the Disney Store. The same set was released by Simba in Europe a few years ago. Currently they are not available online. Included are Dopey, Happy, Bashful, Doc, Grumpy, Sleepy and Sneezy. They are articulated 4 1/2 inch tall vinyl dolls, with movable neck, shoulder, hip and knee joints. They have molded permanently attached hats, molded hair and beards, plastic removable shoes, removable cloth jackets and pants, and separate mining instruments for each Dwarf. The set is shown boxed, unboxed, and posed with the Disney Parks 12'' Snow White doll.

Disney Store Seven Dwarfs Mini Doll Set - Boxed - Front of Box by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store Seven Dwarfs Mini Doll Set - Boxed - Back of Box by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store Seven Dwarfs Mini Doll Set - Box Tray by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store Seven Dwarfs Mini Doll Set - Free Standing Lineup by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store Seven Dwarfs Mini Doll Set - Free Standing Lineup - Closeup #1 by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store Seven Dwarfs Mini Doll Set - Free Standing Lineup - Closeup #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store Seven Dwarfs Mini Doll Set - Dopey Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store Seven Dwarfs Mini Doll Set - Dopey Rear View - Jacket Open by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store Seven Dwarfs Mini Doll Set - Snow White Standing by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store Seven Dwarfs Mini Doll Set - Snow White Kneeling by drj1828, on Flickr

The newly released Seven Dwarfs Mini Doll Set, by Simba Toys for Disney, and sold by the Disney Store. The same set was released by Simba in Europe a few years ago. Currently they are not available online. Included are Dopey, Happy, Bashful, Doc, Grumpy, Sleepy and Sneezy. They are articulated 4 1/2 inch tall vinyl dolls, with movable neck, shoulder, hip and knee joints. They have molded permanently attached hats, molded hair and beards, plastic removable shoes, removable cloth jackets and pants, and separate mining instruments for each Dwarf. The set is shown boxed, unboxed, and posed with the Disney Parks 12'' Snow White doll.

Disney Store Seven Dwarfs Mini Doll Set - Snow White Standing by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Store Seven Dwarfs Mini Doll Set - Snow White Kneeling by drj1828, on Flickr

Thanks for the great pics! The Dwarfs really look good. But, oh dear, I'm back on the fence about if I should get the Seven Dwarfs. I had read that they were in the 5" height range, but these are really too small to put next to a 12" doll to maintan proper scale. The Seven Dwarfs should have been made 8"-9" tall to really match a 12" Snow White doll. I'm going to have to think about this a lot between now and whenever they appear for sale online. Apart from their actual size, they look great, and I love that they have real clothes and accessories.

These are wonderful photos DRJ1828!

How I wish Disney would revamp their 12" Rapunzel doll. She looks different from the 17" Singing Doll (the 17" doll looking far better & more accurate than the 12" one). I do agree that Maximus seems to have so much hair! Haha

These are wonderful photos DRJ1828!

How I wish Disney would revamp their 12" Rapunzel doll. She looks different from the 17" Singing Doll (the 17" doll looking far better & more accurate than the 12" one). I do agree that Maximus seems to have so much hair! Haha
Thanks, and welcome to the forum! I'm looking forward to the upcoming 17'' Limited Edition Wedding Rapunzel doll. I wouldn't be surprised if they redid her head and face to make her more movie accurate. We already know (thanks to ElleB) that she will have short brown hair!

The Three Good Fairies - Boxed and Unboxed

The Three Good Fairies of ''Sleeping Beauty'' - Flora, Fauna & Merryweather - in a newly released mini doll set by the Disney Store. Currently it is only available in stores, not online. Flora is in red, Fauna in green, and Merryweather in blue. They are 4 1/2 to 5 inches tall to the top of their heads, and 5 1/2 to 6 inches tall to the tops of their hats. They have plastic heads and hands, molded hair and their hats are part of their head molds. They have unique and pleasant expressions on their faces. Their bodies (torsos) are a soft bean bag. Their outfits are permanently sewn on (including their capes). They have no arms, legs or feet. Their heads and hands can swivel 360 degrees. Each of them is carrying a separate magic wand in their right hand, which is attached with a clear rubber band. Attached to the back of their capes is are fairy wings. Since they are soft bean bags, and very light, it takes a bit of effort to get them to stand up straight on a hard surface.

They are shown boxed and unboxed, and posed next to the 12'' Aurora from the current (2011) Disney Princess Classic Film Collection 10 doll set.

Flora Fauna Merryweather Mini Doll Set - Boxed - Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Flora Fauna Merryweather Mini Doll Set - Boxed - Rear View by drj1828, on Flickr

Flora Fauna Merryweather Mini Doll Set - Deboxing - Front Plastic Removed by drj1828, on Flickr

Flora Fauna Merryweather Mini Doll Set - Deboxing - On Backing - Flora Closeup by drj1828, on Flickr

Flora Fauna Merryweather Mini Doll Set - Deboxing - On Backing - Fauna Closeup by drj1828, on Flickr

Flora Fauna Merryweather Mini Doll Set - Deboxing - On Backing - Merryweather Closeup by drj1828, on Flickr

Flora Fauna Merryweather Mini Doll Set - Standing by drj1828, on Flickr

Flora Fauna Merryweather Mini Doll Set - Standing With Aurora by drj1828, on Flickr

Flora Fauna Merryweather Mini Doll Set - Surrounding Sleeping Beauty by drj1828, on Flickr

The Three Good Fairies of ''Sleeping Beauty'' - Flora, Fauna & Merryweather - in a newly released mini doll set by the Disney Store. Currently it is only available in stores, not online. Flora is in red, Fauna in green, and Merryweather in blue. They are 4 1/2 to 5 inches tall to the top of their heads, and 5 1/2 to 6 inches tall to the tops of their hats. They have plastic heads and hands, molded hair and their hats are part of their head molds. They have unique and pleasant expressions on their faces. Their bodies (torsos) are a soft bean bag. Their outfits are permanently sewn on (including their capes). They have no arms, legs or feet. Their heads and hands can swivel 360 degrees. Each of them is carrying a separate magic wand in their right hand, which is attached with a clear rubber band. Attached to the back of their capes is are fairy wings. Since they are soft bean bags, and very light, it takes a bit of effort to get them to stand up straight on a hard surface.

They are shown boxed and unboxed, and posed next to the 12'' Aurora from the current (2011) Disney Princess Classic Film Collection 10 doll set.

Flora Fauna Merryweather Mini Doll Set - Boxed - Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Flora Fauna Merryweather Mini Doll Set - Standing With Aurora by drj1828, on Flickr

Ah ha! I've been eagerly waiting seeing the Three Good Fairies from Sleeping Beauty! Thanks for unveiling them, DRJ1828! They look really good, even though they are part of the beanie-plush doll type, but unlike the Seven Dwarfs, it's incredibly plausible for them to be a lot smaller in scale to the 12" dolls, because they did change their size with their magic in the film. I'm definitely going to get them! Classic doll set Aurora looks really good, too!

:O

OMG, Is there really going to be a Rapunzel 17'' Limited Edition Wedding Doll?? I'm so excitedd! What details do we have about it so far?? :shock: xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back