• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New Display for my Jules Verne Pins (Updated Mar. 14 - Mail Day! Again!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Display for my Jules Verne Pins (Updated Mar. 14 - Mail Day! Again!)

CoryTheRaven

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hi all,

So I've gone and made a new display for my Jules Verne pin collection. My collection started as only pins from Disney films and attractions based on Verne stories with Disney characters on them, but I expanded a bit to basically any Disney-Verne pin I like. I also started a diorama thing that is a bit askew of my original concept. Here are some photos of it...

The full board (I laid it flat to photograph):

DSC08794.JPG

A photo of Walt reading from the prop 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea book forms the backdrop for these two pins, the 110th Legacy Collection 20,000 Leagues pin and Mickey as Ned Land:

DSC08795.JPG

And my 20,000 Leagues ride pins from Tokyo (Mysterious Island, 20,000 Leagues, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Nautilus Gifts), Paris (Mysteries of the Nautilus) and a recent addition, a Walt Disney World submarine ride memorial pin:

DSC08796.JPG

And DLP/Discoveryland pins... Space Mountain: Mission 2, PanoraMagique, the Orbitron and Stitch on the Astro-Orbitor (which is Disneyland USA, but imported from DLP... I'm not above trading it though):

DSC08799.JPG

I got a nice bit of background for the 3D diorama pin of the WDW 20,000 Leagues attraction (that I never got the chance to ride, darnit!):

DSC08798.JPG

The set of Mickey and Co. as characters from the 20,000 Leagues film:

DSC08797.JPG

Last but not least, my "20,000 Leagues Unda' Da' Sea" diorama I'm working on. It's pretty much done, as far as I can see. I'm just passively looking for any other fish pins I can add to it (that are Disney, not Pixar)... Turtles, snails, Cleo from Pinocchio or whatever:

DSC08800.JPG

With the exception of that last diorama, I've pretty much got everything I want for this collection for now. There are a couple of box sets that are okay, though I only really want them for the boxes. I'm mostly just relying on anything new they might come out with. They still have never made an In Search of the Castaways or Around the World in 80 Days pin, so who knows?

Last edited:
Today was a mail day. First of all, my Verne collection got zapped by echan50...

DSC08805.JPG
DSC08804.JPG

I don't actually have any space on my board for a pin this big though, so right now it's staying on it's backing and leaning up against the frame :)

I also keep my souvenir collection and it got a couple of additions:

DSC08807.JPG

The newest ones are the Mickey Mouse Club and the Hitchhiking Ghosts pins. The Mickey Mouse Club is a reference to the original version from the 1930's, which was a promotional gimmick used by theatres to get kids into on a Saturday morning to see the new Mickey cartoons. I did a post about it on my one blog a while ago: http://voyagesextraordinaires.blogspot.ca/2008/02/original-mickey-mouse-club.html. I'm fascinated by the Golden Age of Hollywood and cultural phenomena like the original Mickey Mouse Club, so when I met someone trying to sell of their pins and saw they had this one, I had to get it right away.

The Hitchhiking Ghosts pin is just breaking the seal... It's my first Haunted Mansion pin. Uh oh. This illustration of the trio is actually my favourite version of them, because they look so much like standard Disney cartoon characters. Right now, it's hanging out on my souvenir board with my pirates pin from DLP, but maybe someday they'll graduate to their own boards, if I really get suckered into this Haunted Mansion thing...

Another mail day!!

One great user on here helped me make my first ever online trade, which netted me the Visionarium pin I was looking for, (thanks docfish2u!) and OlafOlaf sold me the pin of the Constellations store in Disneyland Paris' Discoveryland.

DSC08819.JPG

DSC08813.JPG

I said this before, but besides any fish I want to get for my diorama, I really am actually finished my Jules Verne collection until Disney goes ahead and makes any new pins! Or does everyone say that? "Yay I'm done!... but..."

Another pin I traded for with docfish2u might be giving me my start on another collection...

DSC08816.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks!

I'm kinda' curious to see how much of a Fantasia collection I could get away with by just trading. I wouldn't be big by any stretch, but it might be fun to try :)

Very impressive. I like the use of the smaller frames, but when they are together like that, you can see that they are part of one collection.

I love how you grouped the picture frames! Very classy! ( oh wait that's a chair hahaha not the wall!!! :lol:) I love the background of Walt!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone!

The frame is actually a single piece I bought at Michael's. All the windows are connected, and the back is just one giant board that comes off. It's cool, but also a little on the cheap side, so some of the tabs keeping the back on have broken off >_< And yeah, I laid it flat on my ottoman to photograph it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back