• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Here

Vackra

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Hello!

Now that I've started collecting pins, my bank account and I are no longer friends- so hopefully I can meet some new people through here.

I'm mostly going to collect Star Wars (heavily focused on Darth Vader) and Lion King pins, but I also will probably pick up a few pins from the classic Disney movies.

Welcome! I'm new too. I'm sad that there doesn't seem to be any Ahsoka pins yet, but there are some solid Darth Vader and Darth Maul pins out there. I've been pinning for oh...4 days now, and my bank account now lives in a state of fear. It's been about 20 hours since I've bought a pin thought...so that's a victory I guess. http://www.pinpics.com/ that's the site I've used to look up pins...if you want to find more pins to lose money too.

Welcome! I'm new as well. There's some really cool Darth Vader and Darth Maul pins out there, but I'm really waiting for an Ahsoka pin. I LOVE The Clone Wars. I've been pinning for 3 or 4 days and now my bank account lives in a state of constant fear...

Thank you all for the welcome!

nblaughs, I knew if I didn't narrow it down then I would never be able to limit my spending!

And Chrono, I'm in your exact situation! I just got back from Disney World on Sunday (yay Star Wars Weekends!), and that's what started my collection. I think it would be really neat if they made a pin with Ahsoka in the front and then maybe Anakin as part of the background.

My wife and I would flail like crazy if they made an Ahsoka/Anakin pin. /Jealous at Star Wars Weekend, we went to Disney World May 5th-9th, we just missed Star Wars and the 24 hour day! Crowd counts were low though and the weather was great. How were the Star Wars festivities?

How were the Star Wars festivities?

Incredibly crowded! A lot of people came in costume; I was kicking myself that I missed a chance to dress up. (Although it was 90+ degrees, so I probably would have been dying.) Most of the people who dressed up did a fantastic job. I remember one person in particular came as Darth Maul and I honestly had to stare at him for a while before I figured out he wasn't a cast member. Star Tours was over a two hour wait all day, and the fast pass line consistently was backed out of the entrance. But it still only took maybe 10 minutes, so I really couldn't complain compared to the regular line! The lines to meet the characters were also all well over an hour, so I just waited for Darth Vader. It was really amusing to see everyone's reactions to him though... a lot of people bowed to him or otherwise treated him extremely respectfully. Except one woman, who actually tried to kiss him! He stormed off in anger when she did that; it was really funny.

And thank you again to everyone for the warm welcomes!

HiddenMickeys, it's always great to see more Star Wars fans!

Thank you very much, Snoffsan! My family actually comes from Sweden, so I can speak a little :).

Yes it is, Dreaming Magpie! And welcome to this forum and to pin trading :).

Snoffsan, I wish I could live in Sweden! My cousins live in Värmland, so there and Stockholm are unfortunately the only places in Sweden that I really know.

Yes it is, Dreaming Magpie! And welcome to this forum and to pin trading :).

Snoffsan, I wish I could live in Sweden! My cousins live in Värmland, so there and Stockholm are unfortunately the only places in Sweden that I really know.
I live in Stockholm. :) But I wish I could live in USA :) But at least Im going there on a 3 week long vacation in one week. Can´t wait! One week we will be at WDW!

I live in Stockholm. :) But I wish I could live in USA :) But at least Im going there on a 3 week long vacation in one week. Can´t wait! One week we will be at WDW!

Haha, may we please trade places?
And that will be so exciting for you! You'll have so much fun at WDW :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back