• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New year’s (pin) resolutions

Ours is to add to our traders by going through our collections and weeding out what we really don't collect or like anymore in the hopes that some of our older pins can help get things for our main collections. Also, we really want to put up our pins in our pin room for display - it's the year of organization!

Update lists and clear out more traders as I don't know when I'll get to the parks again. Need to go update my sales post to try to do so!

Would also like to get to a few local trade events this year - pandemic permitting!

And of course, always looking to fill in the holes in my collection.

Not sure if I'm going to slow down on my Marvel side collection but really would like to keep it small. This means I have two bags full of "traders/non-keepers" that I still haven't quite had the heart to part with yet, but shall see what happens in 2022...

I definitely need to do some sorting, weeding and displaying as well. also really want do more trading at the parks - I love the treasure hunt; as well as trading with friends or gifting to friends. I love getting pins to the right home.

Ours is to add to our traders by going through our collections and weeding out what we really don't collect or like anymore in the hopes that some of our older pins can help get things for our main collections. Also, we really want to put up our pins in our pin room for display - it's the year of organization!
I try to do that about once a year. It is so gratifying being able to trade for something you want more.

I find it helps comparing their wants to my owns list, I am surprised how many times I wanted their pin more than one of my keepers.

To weed out traders and maybe try to cut down on the collection... we have our two primary collections and then lots of secondary....
I probably need to cut down on the amount of pins in my collection. Or at least figure out a way for them to take up less shelf space.

Update lists and clear out more traders as I don't know when I'll get to the parks again. Need to go update my sales post to try to do so!

Would also like to get to a few local trade events this year - pandemic permitting!

And of course, always looking to fill in the holes in my collection.

Not sure if I'm going to slow down on my Marvel side collection but really would like to keep it small. This means I have two bags full of "traders/non-keepers" that I still haven't quite had the heart to part with yet, but shall see what happens in 2022...
I literally have a bin labeled “park traders” I was able to fill it several months back with a bunch of Disney key pins. So many traders, I would like to trade away.

To finally sort all my pins out ! I have so many say in boxes ready to be sorted for display etc it's getting stupid
I have so many bins with pins that are mostly sorted. I have started putting them in Case-it binders and PinFolios.

I have also started putting labels on the back of my pins that I have the backer cards for and placing a small post-it note on the card with the pin it goes to.

I definitely need to do some sorting, weeding and displaying as well. also really want do more trading at the parks - I love the treasure hunt; as well as trading with friends or gifting to friends. I love getting pins to the right home.
I love the treasure hunt as well. I still have the first pin I traded for, and I still have the first pin that made me realize the relative value of pins [someone offered me quite a few pins for one of mine, And I had only traded one for one until then, I realized that there is a lot about pins that I did not (and still don’t) know]

I also enjoy getting pins to the right home.

I have also started putting labels on the back of my pins that I have the backer cards for and placing a small post-it note on the card with the pin it goes to.
That's one thing I wish I'd done from the start - keep labels on the backer cards. However, after 23 years of collecting, not happening. lol

I literally have a bin labeled “park traders” I was able to fill it several months back with a bunch of Disney key pins. So many traders, I would like to trade away.
Ideally - if I sold all my (non-Marvel) traders in my sales thread, I could then afford to get a new park pass to go trade with my Marvel traders which would force me to downsize those trade bags.

But first, I'd have to sell everything in my sales thread lol so I really need to go update it! :D Okay, need to do that this week!

I do this. I used to just write a description like Aristocats 40th Anniversary (a pin I actually need), now I put the pin # too.
Agree, for the last 4 or so years I label my backer cards when I separate the pins from them.

My resolutions:
1) attend more trading events
2) frame more of my keepers and get them on the walls.

Really want to cut down on buying new pins as traders, particularly new DSSH pins. It's really easy to get caught up in the thrill of a surprise pin drop, getting a low number and buying most, if not everything in the sale. But considering that, in my opinion, the quality of the pins have really dropped off and I was disappointed with so many pins once I saw them in person, I'm going to be a lot more picky about choosing what I want to acquire as a trader, unless DSSH really steps up their game and improves their quality.

I sound like a broken record but I'm also determined to make one of the Norcal pin events. It's just been so tricky finding out if I am free the weekend that they happen and I also have to coordinate with some friends in the bay area to host me for the weekend. Almost went in November 2021, but life happens and things get in the way.

Actually, one of my non-pin resolutions is to put in more effort to revive old friendships, especially college friendships. Most of them stayed in the Bay Area after graduation and me moving back to SoCal meant falling out of touch with so many. I'd really like to plan more than one Norcal visit and if it works out, hopefully I can make more than one of the Norcal pin events.

EDIT: I'd also like to take more mental health breaks and step away from Facebook and Instagram for short periods, which means no trading on Facebook or Instagram for the most part. I went on a "cleanse" by not trading on Facebook or Instagram from end of September until the end of the year and it felt GREAT. I still went to in person trade events, and I much prefer them over online transactions.

Last edited:
Really want to cut down on buying new pins as traders, particularly new DSSH pins. It's really easy to get caught up in the thrill of a surprise pin drop, getting a low number and buying most, if not everything in the sale. But considering that, in my opinion, the quality of the pins have really dropped off and I was disappointed with so many pins once I saw them in person, I'm going to be a lot more picky about choosing what I want to acquire as a trader, unless DSSH really steps up their game and improves their quality.

I sound like a broken record but I'm also determined to make one of the Norcal pin events. It's just been so tricky finding out if I am free the weekend that they happen and I also have to coordinate with some friends in the bay area to host me for the weekend. Almost went in November 2021, but life happens and things get in the way.

Actually, one of my non-pin resolutions is to put in more effort to revive old friendships, especially college friendships. Most of them stayed in the Bay Area after graduation and me moving back to SoCal meant falling out of touch with so many. I'd really like to plan more than one Norcal visit and if it works out, hopefully I can make more than one of the Norcal pin events.

EDIT: I'd also like to take more mental health breaks and step away from Facebook and Instagram for short periods, which means no trading on Facebook or Instagram for the most part. I went on a "cleanse" by not trading on Facebook or Instagram from end of September until the end of the year and it felt GREAT. I still went to in person trade events, and I much prefer them over online transactions.
If it helps, I was told by one of the organizers that the Nor. Cal events at Bronco Billy’s Pizza are usually the 2nd Saturday of the month.

My NY Resolution is to get my grail this year, Beloved Tales Beauty and the Beast via trade. It’s a long shot but I’m holding out hope! 12 months to accomplish it :)

Never say never. We got sis' via a trade, but that was 10 years ago or so, back when they weren't hot and there were free pin events at Disneyland Hotel!

Thank you for the positivity Li :) I’m always so impatient but I’m willing to wait for this one.

I was there for that trade. I remember when sis traded a pin we had just gotten that day off a cast member lanyard for the BT! We had traded one of our cheaper trader pins (remember when park traders were like $3-5 each in the starter pack?). The pin she traded was a DSF LE300 pin (so same LE size) with Tinker Bell and the Hollywood Walk of Fame Star. Those were the days, when people traded LE size for LE size, etc. My guess is that whoever traded it to the CM had gotten it at a clearance price at DSF (we hadn't gone to DSF yet at that point, but we heard they used to clearance out LE pins!)

I think the value of that pin (BATB Beloved Tales) has dropped a lot, so that's good

I was there for that trade. I remember when sis traded a pin we had just gotten that day off a cast member lanyard for the BT! We had traded one of our cheaper trader pins (remember when park traders were like $3-5 each in the starter pack?). The pin she traded was a DSF LE300 pin (so same LE size) with Tinker Bell and the Hollywood Walk of Fame Star. Those were the days, when people traded LE size for LE size, etc. My guess is that whoever traded it to the CM had gotten it at a clearance price at DSF (we hadn't gone to DSF yet at that point, but we heard they used to clearance out LE pins!)

I think the value of that pin (BATB Beloved Tales) has dropped a lot, so that's good
To quote Lizzie McGuire, this is what dreams are made of ;)

Back