• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

newbie pin question

Status
Not open for further replies.
newbie pin question

CMTeetsa

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I earned my ears, I received a certificate and a pin of Walt Disney. The back of the pin says cast exclusive. Are these valuable? Should I wear it on my lanyard or keep it safe?

There are some pins that are only available to be purchased by cast members and other pins that are given to cast members for their years of service. These pins can't be purchased by the public and some people really enjoy them. There are some valuable cast exclusive pins, but not all. It usually depends on the character or what is on the pin. It may be very valuable to someone else, but it may mean nothing to another. Like most pins. :)

Hope that helps!

I never actually received a pin from my area (Main Street Ops), but my former roommate got a merchantainment pin when he completed his training. Don't confuse Cast Exclusive for Cast Lanyards, which was what eventually became Hidden Mickeys. Cast Exclusive pins can usually be obtained several ways. They can be bought at Company D, given as awards for achievements and/or service, and lastly given/sold/traded at special CM events.

As SnazzyBowtie touched, you'll find find more people wanting to trade/pay more for if its LE status. Remember that Cast Members can be disciplined and/or terminated if they are caught selling items for profit that they got with their Cast Member Status. My two favorite CE's of mine are the Earned my Ears ribbon and Cap with Cast Member Stitched on the cap and the 2010 GDGD Volunteer pin with Kermit.

Last edited:
It's really difficult to determine whether a pin is 'valuable' because value is so subjective ... and there's also sentimental value and monetary/trade value. Pins with a high sentimental value, well, those are important to because they *mean* something to you and you wouldn't part with those for the world no matter what they're objectively worth. When it comes to monetary/trade value, at the end of the day, a pin only is worth what someone is willing to cough up, be it $$$$ or pins, to acquire it.

That being said ... how important is this pin to you? Do you think you'd want to keep it or trade it? If you want to keep it, then it really doesn't matter if you wear it on your costume (do NOT wear it on your lanyard ... anything worn on your lanyard is for trade; as I understand it, award pins to be worn on your costume) - but if you choose to wear it, I would not use the rubber Mickey back as those are likely to fall off and you could lose the pin. Just know that wearing the pin will not keep it in mint condition - but that's fine as many people wear pins they don't intend to trade or sell. If you want to keep it safe, you also could do that. At the end of the day, you need to do whatever will make you happy, because *that* is what pins should be about, not 'value.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back