No answers on pinpics??

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by megw717, Sep 10, 2019.

1. megw717

megw717 new, but not that new

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

okay maybe this is a dumb question, and I know a lot of ppl (myself included) have issues logging onto and using pinpics...

But is it common for people to completely ignore trade requests? I’ve sent out maybe 20 in the past 3 days and I’ve gotten 1 reply. I know a lot of the time life on the Internet is just shouting into the void, but I thought we were all on pinpics to trade some pins!

2. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Very common, SO many accounts are inactive these days

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. stitchismyspiritanimal

stitchismyspiritanimal Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Happens to me all the time.

4. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    120   0   0

I have been trading for over 5 years and I have only made a handful of trades on PP. I gave up a year or so ago and only trade here.

5. FoolishMortal71

FoolishMortal71 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

I can't even login any more!

6. akarih

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Ah the many joys of Pinpics terrible IT(their ambassador for their forum is great though, love you Peachy!)

7. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    175   0   0

Reply rate has always been spotty. Think of it more like a targeted Classified Ad than email communication. Most people don't reply if they aren't interested. But with the rise of Facebook / Instagram and the declining functionality of Pinpics I wonder how many people are actively looking at their messages and trading vs. not being able to login at all vs. just using the website for an Inventory.

8. stitchismyspiritanimal

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I think I average about 1 trade a month on Pinpics.

9. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    102   0   0

Agreed, but I do okay with pinpics. I average a few trades per month via pinpics. I just keep on keeping on with it... even with all the log on problems.

I also have sent out a few trade requests via other databases... pintradingdb.com and collectiblepintrader.com

Pintradingdb.com has a lot of pins listed now and really should be a great resource for trading... it will just take time to catch on.

Collectiblepintrader.com and corresponding app is a great format for a pin database. Its up and coming!

10. swscref

swscref Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

Most people never reply and I do my best to try to determine if the account looks active or not before sending anything.

11. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Cheshirefied DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    95   0   0

Last time I tried to just look at their site, I got a pop up saying my phone was now infected with viruses. #thankspinpics

ItzaPinfan likes this.
  12. halloweenfiend

halloweenfiend Active Member

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

You mean it's not just me who is unable to login?!

FoolishMortal71 likes this.
  13. DiamondDollJeanette

DiamondDollJeanette Active Member

0   0   0

I've sent many but no one responds

14. stratasfan

stratasfan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I have really only traded through PinPics so far. Just starting to post here, but I find replies sketchy on here, too. Don't do Facebook, so use what is available on the pin sites. I send out probably 30-75 trade requests on PinPics for every one or two replies I get. I keep doing it, though, as I do get a response that makes a good trade! Also . . . keep in mind that PP does not send you a notification when someone sends you a trade request. You have to sign in to look at your inbox. You only get a notification email when it is a PM or a reply to a trade request that you have answered already.

Logging In is a problem. I got myself a back-door link from someone on here who posted a hot link that automatically compares your wants with her trades, and that link allows me to sign in more often than when I just go to the PP site. Here it is, in case it works for anyone else.

Walt Disney Pins, Trading Disney Pins, Value Of Disney Pins | PinPics

15. halloweenfiend

halloweenfiend Active Member

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

Pinpics use to link to your email. I'll keep your observation in mind when I decide to start trading again.

16. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

That's amazingly good!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

17. akarih

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

That's a very sad truth... I truly need to get IG or FB so I can get some more trades in because Pinpics is not cutting it!

18. stitchismyspiritanimal

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I think it would be even better if the site was more reliable.

19. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

Unlikely. PP trades died off a few years ago when people started trading on FB, IG, Twitter and the like.

TonkaToy likes this.
  20. stitchismyspiritanimal

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Speaking of PinPics, my username is chrisdonturner if you want to see my traders (assuming you can log in, lol).

21. megw717

megw717 new, but not that new

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Back in the day my mom used to trade on pinpics ALL the time. Like she talks about waking up in the morning and checking pinpics to have like 10 trade requests. But that's before you couldn't log in.

22. stitchismyspiritanimal

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Hmmm, I think recency bias made me overestimate the number of trades I've made. Looking back, I think 1 trade every other month is more accurate.

TonkaToy likes this.
  23. suzanneb

suzanneb DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

its so sad. I've been a PinPics member since the beginning, my PP # is 603 I'm suzanneb there and here

24. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Si & Am Lover!

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

PinPics is like the dinosaur of pin trading now. A lot of the accounts are abandoned, even though they show as active, the owners are not checking them. Also, I don't think PinPics is auto sending alerts to people's email addresses anymore. It used to be that you would get a notification that someone sent you a request - now that never happens. Unless someone is actively checking their PINPICS account, they will never even know you asked to trade. I also suspect, that even when you do reply to a request, there is a glitch that drops the sent message into the void, and the person never hears from you. I have had requests just simply never show up on my sent requests lists.

On top of this, the site stability is zero these days. I think the folks who took over the site had good intentions, but got more focused on selling the ACME pins and maybe don't have experience with running a website and all the technical needs of doing such. So most of the technical difficulties don't get fixed, or don't get addressed in a timely manner. (just a guess and only my opinion).

I can PM you a couple of FB sites that are very active and on which I have made some good sales and trades, if you like.

25. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    77   0   0

We have numbers on PP? Where would I see mine?