No longer a virgin camper.

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Psycho Pixie, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psycho Pixie

Psycho Pixie Vacations are a grand thing

Rating - 100%
    213   0   0

Yes, I, Tha Psycho Pixie... Did a DSF campout. It was my first time. And I survived.

Many thank to:
    • Geoff, for carpooling with me and making this first time possible.
    • Ozzie, for being awesome and helping me get the surprise pin for myself.
    • Stu, for the great trade.
    • Several other folks for trading with this novice camper.
    • Dakota, Stu, Ozzie: for taking me to subway and 7-11 for munchies.
    • Dan, for moving my stuff when the wacko pee'd on the fence and my stuff was endangered while i was AT 7-11.
    • The crazy dude asking for money for Lithium over in the standby line at dawn.....Funny!!!!! "Lithium is a drug! and I need it for my bi-polar! I need oxygen for it too!!!" wow.
    • The announcer for the marathon "testing" the sound system over and over and over and over again at 4am because he liked the sound of his own voice soooooo much.
    • Nelson at DSF for keeping us all safe.

Overall, it seemed mellow. I half expected crazy people in the streets. Oh wait that came at dawn when people were in running shorts at 5am. I only saw for sure, 1 person try to cut in while everyone was sleeping. They got caught.

Will i ever do it again? maybe...... but only for a release that is a 1 nighter, and is set for a saturday like this one was. You people camping out 2 days for pins are crazier than me by every stretch of the imagination. I love you anyway. :)

2. CheshireCat

CheshireCat Active Member

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

Haha Kristine this post made me laugh. I'd give anything to be able to do a DSF camp out! Sounds like a lot of fun :) can I ask, what's 7-11?

-Charlie

3. Nathan95

Nathan95 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

7-11 is a chain of convenience stores. I don't think you guys get them in the UK.

4. dawny

dawny Active Member

Rating - 100%
    346   0   0

I think this was your last VIRGIN frontier...:rofl: its all downhill now sister!

5. TheOtherSteve

TheOtherSteve DPF Correspondent DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

Kristine, we all enjoyed your company too! And, there were several "firsts" that you got to experience too (first time for a prescription pan-handler, first time for an early morning Hollywood Blvd event)

Charlie, if you every make it over here when there is a DSF event, we will all make sure you have a memorable experience (and keep you safe).

6. dawny

dawny Active Member

Rating - 100%
    346   0   0

take charlie to 7-11, now thats America! lol
    hey theothersteve...i so wanted to meet you:( we kept missing eachother.

7. PurpleRose

PurpleRose Active Member

Rating - 100%
    77   0   0

It was such a fun campout, and awesome to see you there. I can't believe some guy tried to get you to be party to his drug obsession, that's so funny.

8. Suzziesue

Suzziesue Crazy for Disney Pins

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0

Oh, you just wait until this week's campout. CRAZY!!!!!! Last week was fun. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

9. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

Wow, Pixie, can't believe you actually did it! :)

10. tinkerbelle1956

tinkerbelle1956 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    212   0   0

You that do the 2 nighters are Die Hards. :)

11. CheshireCat

CheshireCat Active Member

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

Ohhhh thanks Nate :)

Steve I am coming over in the summer, don't know how my friend would feel about camping over night in an alley lol :) thanks though :-D

-Charlie

12. Molly

Molly Active Member

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0

GFY Pixie!

13. dakotaa

dakotaa Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

It was really fun hanging out with you Kristine, you should join us again sometime soon ^_^

14. Ozzie1988

Ozzie1988 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

15. Key365

Key365 Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Do you have to campout in order to get the pins?

16. Psycho Pixie

Psycho Pixie Vacations are a grand thing

Rating - 100%
    213   0   0

it USED to be that campouts on;y occured for certain DSF releases. but lately its for ANY DSF release.....

17. TheOtherSteve

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

I know. I went to Disneyland on Sunday and was told you had already left for NJ :( I didn't make it to Marisa's because I was too wiped out after the DSF campout :sigh: I even had a zap for you...You'll have to PM me you address, so I can send it to you...

18. TheOtherSteve

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

I knew you were coming over for the kids camp thing on the east coast, but I didn't know if you were coming to the west coast...Let me know when your here and we can work something out...Chalon should be here July & August and I'm pretty sure she would like to experience a few of the DSF campouts - I just have to convince her parents she'll be safe - which she will) ... You simply have to join us! I still need to get that package packed and shipped to you - hopefully this weekend...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.