Not quite a last minute trip.

Mcgilligan

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello,
I am planning a trip to Disneyland for early next year. (FIL really wants to be there for children’s first trip). We will be staying at the Grand Californian.

I have a few questions…1) can you park hop multiple times or can you park hop only once(after 1:00)? 2) where can we pin trade? 3) any advice?

Still pricing out the trip and trying to determine if I can use disney visa card points.

mybabykelly

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
248   0   0
Hello,
I am planning a trip to Disneyland for early next year. (FIL really wants to be there for children’s first trip). We will be staying at the Grand Californian.

I have a few questions…1) can you park hop multiple times or can you park hop only once(after 1:00)? 2) where can we pin trade? 3) any advice?

Still pricing out the trip and trying to determine if I can use disney visa card points.
1) I’m pretty sure you make a reservation for one park, and as long as you have a park hopper, you can start park hopping at 1 pm and there isn't a limit.

2) I’ve pin traded at DTD. They have a board at Disney Home, Pin Traders, Wonderground Gallery and occasionally at World of Disney. In the parks, I found that Disneyland had better trading opportunities than California Adventure.

krand1276

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
1) I’m pretty sure you make a reservation for one park, and as long as you have a park hopper, you can start park hopping at 1 pm and there isn't a limit.

This is correct. On our trip last month, one day we started at Disneyland, then went to California Adventure, my husband and one of the kids went back to Disneyland to watch the fireworks, then met us back in California Adventure afterwards.

2) I’ve pin traded at DTD. They have a board at Disney Home, Pin Traders, Wonderground Gallery and occasionally at World of Disney. In the parks, I found that Disneyland had better trading opportunities than California Adventure.

We did find some pin trading at California Adventure at Midway Mercantile (where you leave the Toy Story Mania ride), Rushin' River Outfitters (the store by the giant bear at Grizzly River Rapids), right outside the entrance to Mickey's Philharmagic, Julius Katz and Son, Humphries Service and Supplies, and maybe Bing Bong's Sweet Stuff. We had a teenager who got so into trading, he had no problem asking at each shop we went to. Some of the shops (Like Humphries and Midway Mercantile had them hidden and only brought them out when he asked if they traded pins.

Also, don't count out the hotels. We found two spots at the Disneyland Hotel (front desk and main gift shop).

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

pincrazy

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hi, sounds like a Fun trip!
Presently, as mentioned above no restrictions on park hopping.
Pin trading is available, but not much to find, as to new pins. Mostly older hidden Mickeys.
Advice-make reservations early for food and restaurants, they tend to go quickly when available.
Hope this helps :)