• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Now - This - Is What I Call Continuing The Tradition!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now - This - Is What I Call Continuing The Tradition!!!

Dizneyusa

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Now - That - Is What I call Continuing The Tradition!!

Scoop was seen wearing this SAMPLE (they are not ready to be given out just yet) new Continuing The Tradition pin at WDW MK yesterday during the Main Street Window Dedication Ceremony.

If you want to see it in person, you can visit Scoop on Main Street
smile.png
369818_576771881_1125853670_n.jpg

Dana

I saw this on FB and was just going to post the picture . I won't get there till May and I'm sure they will be gone by then . Scoop is on Main Street Monday, Tuesday & Thursday mornings, last I heard as he performs in Mickey's Back Yard BBQ at Fort Wildreness nightly . J
I'll ask him on FB again and get back to you . The pin is limited too 1,558 .

That is too cool, Only ever got to catch up and meet scoop one time. He had already put up his pins for the day and was singing with the people of main street but still had a continuing the tradition pin for Ferret and gave me his own lapel pin.

Message from Scoop : new schedule ... Sun, Mon, Open-1:15 (12:15 if we open at 8) and Fri 9:45-2:15 thru the end of the year. Then, 5 days off Tues Wed thru Feb. tbd after that.

Also - as noted above, the pin is not available just yet. To preview the pin you can visit Scoop at the new schedule times noted above. :)

Very Exciting!!!!

Dana :)

Where is Scoop located on Main Street? I have never gotten the chance to see him before.

-Thimble

I for one am disappointed in the pin. I wish they would have used other more classic characters instead of Scoop.

I'm DLR-based and don't get out to WDW much, but I'm really glad to see a new CTT Scoop pin. It seemed like they were really leaving him behind there for a while, and I feel like a recommitment to the character is a recommitment to pin trading in general. The dude's a treasure, and it's awesome to see a new pin like this!

-JD

It is well over due and gorgeous!!!! I am really happy that they honored him in such a deserving way! For those that might be new to Pin Trading and even if your not
and not familiar with Scoop. If it weren't for Scoop so many but so many guests would not know a thing about pins and pin trading. I know I am PRAYING that this is just
the beginning and hoping that they will bring back his Pin Talks in MK and hopefully he can add Vinylmations. I think it will be a major win win win all the way around :)

Maybe he can even travel to DL through the year to surprise the guest there too :)

We will be at WDW in March, is this still the schedule for Scoop? I would love to meet him and will try to plan our day at MK around his schedule if able. thanks!

I personally think that Scoop should be able to go back and forth a few times during the year! Maybe International would be creative!!!!

I think it should be the same Scoop - He created the role and has built it to the status it is today! Now if the powers that be at Disney would
just realize their mistake in getting rid of the talks and how much the hobby that we all love so dear has changed. Hopefully they will bring him
back in full swing and let him travel to DL. Pin/Vinylmation 101 would be awesome ..... If brought back the right way - it could be very very big
for Disney......with so many old traders/collectors and so many new traders/collectors - it could be beyond MAGICAL!!!! :)

Scoop Sanderson is the Disney Pin Expert and Official Disney Pin Marshall of WDW Main Street :) When pin trading started with Disney years ago Scoop used to have talks several times a week that would not only give you information on upcoming pins, how pins were made, upcoming events, but he would also teach
Pin Etiquette 101. From trading with a Disney Cast Member to fellow traders and collectors.

It was one of the greatest things Disney ever did. Through the last few years, for one reason or another, Disney stopped the Scoop talks. But, you can still today visit and see Scoop on Main Street. Go over say hi and introduce yourself. Make sure to have a pin on you, because he will play a pin game with you or let you choose one of his mystery pins. Sometimes there is even a little hidden treasure behind one of those mystery pin trades :)

As far as we are concerned he is a MAJOR part of pin collecting, trading and educating the Disney pin collector and are hoping and praying that Disney will bring back his pin talks and maybe even add in vinylmations.

Time will tell :)

I am sure others will add in their stories and memories of Scoop!!!!! :)

So what is his current schedule? I'm heading down this week and my kids are bugging me already to trade with him! lol

Awesome pin!! I got to see it a few weeks ago and cannot wait til they are ready for trade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back