• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

OCD about Pin Trading? How about your AG Doll? Here are ours . . .

OCD about Pin Trading? How about your AG Doll? Here are ours . . .

stratasfan

No Longer Active
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
OK . . . so the first time we got to actually go pin trading at Disney Springs, we prepped in a big way! Mom, Sis, and I are into American Girl dolls in a big way (personally, and involved with a charity that refurbs them to give to little girls who couldn't afford them otherwise).

Well, Sis took Nanea, Mom took Benny, and I took Harold, and they went decked to the nines!

Here is Nanea with her pin lanyard and all her Disney World maps, booklets, etc. Also her Disney World autograph book! (Sis made the blank books and I autographed 30-some signatures - looking like the sigs from the auto books Sis and I had when we were 6).

November%2B28%252C%2B2018%2B%252871%2529.JPG

Here are the three - Harold, Nanea, and Benny - sitting outside the Dino Cafe in Disney Springs:

December%2B10%252C%2B2018%2B%252883%2529.JPG

Nanea picking a Disney charm in The World of Disney:

December%2B10%252C%2B2018%2B%2528133%2529.JPG

And being that Nanea and Benny are Hawaiian, we took them to pick there own pearls (both got pink pearls!):

December%2B10%252C%2B2018%2B%2528134%2529.JPG

And at the Orlando airport, on the way home, Harold and Nanea got to trade pins with the friendly lady at the Disney EarPort store (Harold got a PinQuest compass pin and Nanea got an It's a Small World Aloha hula girl pin!):

December%2B12%252C%2B2018%2B%25288%2529.JPG

So, has anyone made a doll lanyard and taken a doll pin trading? Or are we the only crazy ones out ther! -big grin-

We took real lanyards and cut them down and Sis put a heavy-duty grommet snap on the bottom. they can easily hold four pins, sometimes six, depending on the size of the pins and the doll's hair (long hair gets in the way and gets tangled on the pins).

I've traded some autograph books for pins before, which was fun! So, some dolls out there have their own autograph books! The lanyards, though, are really the tops!

Also, I made the Mickey Ears, actually. Need to make some more!

I love this. When we went to WDW in April my niece brought her two American Girl dolls. We didn't take the dolls into the Parks.

How did you make the ears?

Hi
I love this. When we went to WDW in April my niece brought her two American Girl dolls. We didn't take the dolls into the Parks.

How did you make the ears?

Hi! Thanks! Oh, she should take them! Who does she have? Does she like playing with them?

As to the ears . . . we bought these special headband inserts and I used some specialty black wool felt (which is stiffer, for keeping the shape and standing up better) to make the headband cover and the ears.

Cute!

I collect AG as well, but the interest has waned a bit, since nothing from AG has sparked my interest lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cute!

I collect AG as well, but the interest has waned a bit, since nothing from AG has sparked my interest lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, you might keep a look out next month and this Fall! The Truly Me line is getting new outfits this year and the rumor is an overhaul. The Historical dolls are being completely redone this Fall. AG got a new CEO!

How cool! I have never done this but it looks like you guys had a blast! I love their little lanyards!

I have two that are stored away from when I was much younger. Once I moved they stayed with my parents, now I have 3 wild little boys so I can't keep things nice so they're still in storage at my parents house. I was saving them for if I ever had a daughter but clearly I'm meant to be a boy mom for life and my boys DESTROY their toys so they won't be getting ahold of them lol!

Totally understand that! You said you go to Dayton AFB Museum . . . I'm dying to go there with a doll! I have an American Girl boy doll that is named after my GGGUncle who was an Engineer/Gunner KIA in WWII. Well, I got some real WWII uniforms and am making him a uniform and bought real mini medals for him, and want to take him down to the AFB Museum to have some pictures taken with planes. I collect military items (before pins, imagine that!) and make small framed display commemorating servicemen. So, it wasn't a far jump to making a commemorative Uncle Harold doll! Here is my little HArold picking his Air Medal at Patrick AFB (Grampa was a USCG lifer, so Gramma takes us shopping at the AFB when we visit her):

December%2B5%252C%2B2018%2B%252825%2529.JPG

So do you little boys do any pins yet? Or are they too small?

My kids are 5, 3, and 1. The oldest traded some pins when we went but I just bought cheaper traders (still authentic but low priced) and let him have fun. We came back with a lot of fakes but I plan to make a craft project with them anyways so it wasn't a big deal and he'll never know the difference. I'm hoping he will really get into it but it'll take some time :)

20190606101842-a9f2f591-me.jpg

Here is a new picture of two of our dolls - George and Nanea - all decked out for a Disney trip. Sis and I have been working on making Minnie ear headbands, as someone asked to trade for Minnie ear headbands . . . so here is one!

Back