• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Old time trader, recently returned poster...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old time trader, recently returned poster...

NCDragon

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Greetings All,

NCDragon here, in the scales, so to speak! Its been a loooooong time since I've posted, traded, bought etc on here. So, I have some catching up to do!

My DW and I will be at WDW in the spring and I'm bringing along some trading material, just in case. Although, I don't remember seeing many cast-members even carrying pins the last time I was there.

So, my question is..... "Is trading still going on in the parks?"

So, my question is..... "Is trading still going on in the parks?"
Welcome back! To answer your question, it depends upon what sort of trading you're after. If you want to trade with cast members, most definitely, yes; pin trading still is going on and is extremely easy. It's my understanding that WDW's cast members are required to wear a pin lanyard and many other locations offer trading boards and books (those you may have to ask to see).

Trading with guests, on the other hand, most definitely has diminished. I can't recall the last time I saw any pin traders set up inside of Epcot (or any of the parks), but things do change on a daily-to-weekly basis - and I'm not 'local' to WDW. Unless something has changed - or your trip is going to coincide with a PTN or similar event - I wouldn't bother bringing pins to trade with other guests, but maybe one of our WDW-local members can confirm this for sure.

Welcome back! To answer your question, it depends upon what sort of trading you're after. If you want to trade with cast members, most definitely, yes; pin trading still is going on and is extremely easy. It's my understanding that WDW's cast members are required to wear a pin lanyard and many other locations offer trading boards and books (those you may have to ask to see).

Trading with guests, on the other hand, most definitely has diminished. I can't recall the last time I saw any pin traders set up inside of Epcot (or any of the parks), but things do change on a daily-to-weekly basis - and I'm not 'local' to WDW. Unless something has changed - or your trip is going to coincide with a PTN or similar event - I wouldn't bother bringing pins to trade with other guests, but maybe one of our WDW-local members can confirm this for sure.

Thanks DanceCats! Its good to hear that the trading in still in vogue. I will definitely be carrying my traders now. I have just enough time to get my collection and wants list together before we head south. :)

Be sure to stop by the pin shop (don’t remember name of store) by Tony’s in the Magic Kingdom from 10-1030 am. Cast member leaders are on the front porch area with trading boards (new hidden Mickey pins).
Also, the pin store in Frontierland from noon-12:30.

Happy trading :)

Hi and Welcome back!

Was just in WDW in January 2019 and plenty of cast members, stores, even resorts have lanyards and boards for trading. Even saw the pin-trading trashcan in Animal Kingdom.

Did not get a chance to go the EPCOT - so not sure if any tables were set up. Good luck!

Be sure to stop by the pin shop (don’t remember name of store) by Tony’s in the Magic Kingdom from 10-1030 am. Cast member leaders are on the front porch area with trading boards (new hidden Mickey pins).
Also, the pin store in Frontierland from noon-12:30.

Happy trading :)
Excellent! Thanks Ocean 7. :)

Hi and Welcome back!

Was just in WDW in January 2019 and plenty of cast members, stores, even resorts have lanyards and boards for trading. Even saw the pin-trading trashcan in Animal Kingdom.

Did not get a chance to go the EPCOT - so not sure if any tables were set up. Good luck!
Thanks CCofRR13... I 'll need to have some comfy shoes on. :)

Thanks CCofRR13... I 'll need to have some comfy shoes on. :)
Comfy shoes are a MUST for WDW. If you wear an Apple Watch, Fitbit, or some other device that tracks your steps throughout the day, I think you'll be shocked at how much walking you do. I knew that I always walked a ton at WDW, but I was surprised at how many steps I logged during an average day, without even trying or thinking about it.

Comfy shoes are a MUST for WDW. If you wear an Apple Watch, Fitbit, or some other device that tracks your steps throughout the day, I think you'll be shocked at how much walking you do. I knew that I always walked a ton at WDW, but I was surprised at how many steps I logged during an average day, without even trying or thinking about it.
Maybe I'll borrow my wife's fitbit while she is in the conference, and give her all the credit for the first 3 days! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back