Oogie Boogie Bash 2021

krand1276

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
My husband and I are going on 9/21 & 9/23. We went in 2019 and realized there was not enough time to do everything we wanted to do. Lol

This time, we're going by ourselves on 9/21, but will be going with some friends from home and some friends from DPF on 9/23! So excited! I'm looking forward to seeing the Villain's Grove and seeing what characters might be around, even if it's from a distance. My husband is all about the trick or treating. I really want to ride Radiator Springs at night. And in costume. With friends would be great too! What a great picture that would be!

Is anyone going? Feel free to post your experiences and photos here. I'd love to hear what you're looking forward to doing or seeing. Any and all tips are very welcome!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

krand1276

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Pictures from 2019 event:

974fb1c7d39462eeb24542de523660ff.jpg
efecd5fb421767c1eff5d7f78ab5daf0.jpg
c567cc10594610e879137837e25269b5.jpg
d6a9d37bc391e4ee7afe1a85a6018f9f.jpg
7587ea99df230aae1998f0aeab312ace.jpg
e07c701256997ba07974b75482f4c450.jpg
5c7595131aeb84b9af130986a04da1af.jpg
be5115bfd86e2090a258090d8bb0a2aa.jpg
d76b5dff8a7c7a585e49c81b8db818a9.jpg
c69642f668f588dcae4501e69de87343.jpg

Jabberwocky

Cheshirefied
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
LOVED this event in 2019 - so glad I splurged and went. So many happy memories - Burton Hatter and classic Chessie in the parade plus Loki wandering and Star-Lord meet & greet - absolutely magical! Got much more candy at this event than I did at the one WDW MNSSHP I went to where they were SERIOUSLY STINGY with the candy - I wound up there with like 1/3 of a small paper lunch bag sized bag of candy by the end of the night - the CM's would only give one small piece of candy at a time. The OBB was definitely better than that with their treat trails.

But I think the Alice anniversary this month is going to take all of my funds... for the year. lol

dancecats

Administrator
Staff member
DPF Administrator
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
You pictures are amazing and it looks like you're having so much fun! Have an equally (or more) fabulous time this year - I look forward to seeing the new photos and reading all about it.

timeerkat

Your Friend Who Likes To Play
Rating - 100%
328   0   0
Have fun! I'm still avoiding amusement park crowds for now, but hoping to be able to go next year.

My favorite activity there was definitely the trick-or-treating. In previous years that I went, I would bring an empty standard-sized backpack and leave with it LOADED.

krand1276

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
So, we did get quite the haul of candy the last few times we went to a Halloween Party at DLR.

The first year, we went twice and ended up with 18 pounds of candy. These pictures are just from the first night and this doesn't include the carrot and apple slices packs we got (the third photo).

d1877cddf06123e89740e8e3ea409b61.jpg
b47a743184aaf12cca92d02cf6080694.jpg
8395989805ddb2af5c774872dca042c6.jpg

Halfway full through that night.

dd5ded2bf895db665d26db1e8f4e8dce.jpg
04b85a03e0a8ca4d31fabf0bc8e98ff6.jpg

The second year (2019), we went once and didn't get as much, but still had a lot. The treat trails were really great, as Jabberwocky stated.

319ae0a203e6d192664dd850872fdcfb.jpg

krand1276

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
You pictures are amazing and it looks like you're having so much fun! Have an equally (or more) fabulous time this year - I look forward to seeing the new photos and reading all about it.
Thanks so much! I'll post pictures and such from the party.

I hope others will post as well!

dancecats

Administrator
Staff member
DPF Administrator
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Have fun! I'm still avoiding amusement park crowds for now, but hoping to be able to go next year.

My favorite activity there was definitely the trick-or-treating. In previous years that I went, I would bring an empty standard-sized backpack and leave with it LOADED.
The backpack is a really good idea, I may have to try it the next time I go (which I'm hoping might be next year). To say the candy trails are generous would be an understatement (at least, they were when a friend and I went a few years ago). We started off using the bags given, but quickly realized that they would be insufficient. On the advice of a cast member, we asked for one of those ginormous clear plastic bags from the small shop outside of IASW. Long story short, my friend and I ended up filling up TWO of those bags EACH. In one night. If we had thought of it, we would have weighed the bags, but needless to say, we had candy for a very. long. time. afterwards.

Jabberwocky

Cheshirefied
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Lol I must have done something wrong. I was happy just to get the small bag they provided filled instead of leaving with pretty much nothing as I did at WDW!

Nah - I had a blast seeing characters I loved. #worthit

caw caw rawr

Squirrel!
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Love the pictures! We're going! We're going Sept 28th so we'll miss you. :(

We went to the Trick or Treat party at Disneyland before it became the Oogie Boogie Bash and used draw string backpacks for the candy. So. Much. Candy. I think this year, since we don't have a stroller anymore to carry all the bags, we'll bring backpacks with padded straps. It'll probably work with our costumes. Our kids are going as Dipper, Mabel, Grunkle Stan and Soos from Gravity Falls. (Side quest: are there any Gravity Falls pins out there besides the ones currently at Box Lunch?) Hubs and I are going as Perry the Platypus and Dr. Doofenshmirtz. At least that's the plan for now.

We love, love, love Disney Halloween!

krand1276

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0

We went to the Trick or Treat party at Disneyland before it became the Oogie Boogie Bash and used draw string backpacks for the candy. So. Much. Candy. I think this year, since we don't have a stroller anymore to carry all the bags, we'll bring backpacks with padded straps. It'll probably work with our costumes. Our kids are going as Dipper, Mabel, Grunkle Stan and Soos from Gravity Falls. (Side quest: are there any Gravity Falls pins out there besides the ones currently at Box Lunch?) Hubs and I are going as Perry the Platypus and Dr. Doofenshmirtz. At least that's the plan for now.

Omg, I LOVE Perry!!! He's my text notification sound!

dancecats

Administrator
Staff member
DPF Administrator
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I’ve heard ppl bring luggage bags for trick or treating! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Admittedly, I've only gone to the Trick or Treat party at Disneyland (and I could count the number of times on one hand and not use all five fingers) and while I've never seen this, it wouldn't surprise me at all. So. Much. Candy.
Lol I must have done something wrong. I was happy just to get the small bag they provided filled instead of leaving with pretty much nothing as I did at WDW!

Nah - I had a blast seeing characters I loved. #worthit
That's really interesting that you say you leave the WDW MNSSHP with pretty much nothing. I must be doing something really right (if only I knew what it was, I could tell you lol); I've gone to the MNSSHP more times than I can count and there hasn't been a time when I didn't fill up at least 2-3 of the small bags they provided (and still have enough time to see the parade, fireworks, characters, and ride a few attractions).

But the candy is only part of it and, really, not that special. You can get it anywhere. The most important thing is whether you had fun at the event. #worthit

Have an amazing time and take pictures! I must see those costumes!

Jabberwocky

Cheshirefied
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
That's really interesting that you say you leave the WDW MNSSHP with pretty much nothing. I must be doing something really right (if only I knew what it was, I could tell you lol); I've gone to the MNSSHP more times than I can count and there hasn't been a time when I didn't fill up at least 2-3 of the small bags they provided (and still have enough time to see the parade, fireworks, characters, and ride a few attractions).

But the candy is only part of it and, really, not that special. You can get it anywhere. The most important thing is whether you had fun at the event. #worthit

I loved the Boo To You parade and seeing the Headless Horseman was amazing - plus there was a villains show with the Queen of Hearts and she did a meet & greet afterward - honestly, I think it was worth it for those experiences alone! But I remember thinking - why am I getting more candy at the parade (the CM's were handing out these amazing cherry-flavored Mickey lollipops while we waited) than the sourpuss stingy CM's gave out on the not-so-treaty-trails???

Seriously - one small piece of candy per stop and I came back to my hotel room with 1/3 of their free little lunch bag-size bag of candy. That was it.

At least I got that free lunch bag filled and probably a bit more at my OBB night (I was snacking from my treat bag along the way lol so that may have kept it down a bit). But I did the Mad Hatter's trail two or three times (obvs), Oogie's once, the villainesses (Malie & Evil Queen) once. I didn't get over to Dr. Facilier's treat trail though.

My priority was seeing the Marvel characters (Loki and Star-Lord were out) and Chessie in the parade and making sure I got through the Villains Grove (longest line of the night). So I guess I didn't do the trails enough?! :D

krand1276

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
So, the Plaza Inn character dining was supposed to open up today and we always try to go each time. They weren't available yet this morning, but what I did see while I was in there was availability for a Sonoma Terrace Oogie Boogie Bash Dessert Party!

Well, it is $84/person, but we haven't done a dessert party in a while and geez, we're just so excited to go back! So, I got tickets to it for a 10pm seating on 9/21. I'm so addicted to themed treats. Lol

I didn't even know this was a thing until an hour ago. Hoping it will be somewhat worth it!

c974873ce46bdb73e275b80d9ec903f7.jpg

mrshinko

DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity, was/is there any merchandise specific to this event? Sometimes there is a some neat pins and clothing!

krand1276

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Out of curiosity, was/is there any merchandise specific to this event? Sometimes there is a some neat pins and clothing!
There was the last time we went in 2019, but I haven't seen anything announced yet for this year.

I found a picture I had taken of one of the pins and one of my husband holding the spirit jersey from that year.

If anyone sees anything about merch for this year, please let me know!

73bef5b1cf068015adb22d6483165e79.jpg
98aa9528999cad871eb1ee7acf4216a4.jpg

Jabberwocky

Cheshirefied
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
^ lol I still have a couple of the Oogie Boogie Bash First Fright pins in my trade bag - I'd gotten extras from the first year thinking they might be nice traders the following year... which didn't happen. So maybe they'll trade this year!

mrshinko

DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was the last time we went in 2019, but I haven't seen anything announced yet for this year.

I found a picture I had taken of one of the pins and one of my husband holding the spirit jersey from that year.

If anyone sees anything about merch for this year, please let me know!

73bef5b1cf068015adb22d6483165e79.jpg
98aa9528999cad871eb1ee7acf4216a4.jpg

I desperately have been wanting that spirit jersey. Didn't even know about it till like 5 or 6 months ago.