Oogie Boogie Bash 2021

krand1276

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
I desperately have been wanting that spirit jersey. Didn't even know about it till like 5 or 6 months ago.
Lol, we only got them because another DPF member requested a pick up of two. After waiting in line for a while, we found out we could buy two each, so we each got one for ourselves.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

krand1276

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
So, getting ready to head down to California. Doing some last minute adjustments to my costume, namely the wig. My husband got happy with the scissors and cut the bangs a bit much. Plus my coloring and skin tone/look may be too dark for what I'm going for. I feel like an anime character. Lol

222a40e7a0b8c2a39384d278fb8e29d7.jpg

Disneychildwithin

No Disney Character Left Behind Proclaimer
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
So, getting ready to head down to California. Doing some last minute adjustments to my costume, namely the wig. My husband got happy with the scissors and cut the bangs a bit much. Plus my coloring and skin tone/look may be too dark for what I'm going for. I feel like an anime character. Lol

I don't think the bangs are too short, it's so fun!!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

momin.ator

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
122   0   0

Nothing can go wrong with purple hair. I love purple hair! I hope you have fun at the bash.

dancecats

Administrator
Staff member
DPF Administrator
Rating - 100%
12   0   0

Remember that nobody else knows how the wig used to look, they only know how it looks now - and it looks adorable. I happen to agree with @momin.ator in that you can't go wrong with purple hair. Have a fantastic time at the event - we'll be waiting for pictures showing how fabulously fun it was (just don't forget to include a few of you in your costumes!)

echoharmony

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
The backpack is a really good idea, I may have to try it the next time I go (which I'm hoping might be next year). To say the candy trails are generous would be an understatement (at least, they were when a friend and I went a few years ago). We started off using the bags given, but quickly realized that they would be insufficient. On the advice of a cast member, we asked for one of those ginormous clear plastic bags from the small shop outside of IASW. Long story short, my friend and I ended up filling up TWO of those bags EACH. In one night. If we had thought of it, we would have weighed the bags, but needless to say, we had candy for a very. long. time. afterwards.

I remember this! We ended up with SO much candy! You and I went twice that year, I don't remember if it was that time or the second time, but we did end up weighing our candy and we each had over 15 pounds *lol* I was tempted to go this year but A)low on funds, and B)the 'Rona. So hopefully next year things will be back to 'normal'.

pretty_Omi

Resident Smol Wolf
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Yeah, when I did Oogie Boogie back in 2019 I actually got a locker in DCA, since I was going early with friends and changed into my costume just before the event started. I luckily knew to expect quite a bit of candy, and I brought a nice big tote bag. I did also get a clear bag from one of the shops so I didn't have to rely on the small bag provided, but I routinely went by my locker to dump my spoils into my tote so I only had to haul it all out at the end of the night haha.

krand1276

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
So, we're in the party. The scanners were down so they're letting anyone who can show a ticket to a party in. It didn't take very long to get in, but it's like 400 degrees here! It's supposed to cool off later.

Josh and I are getting compliments on our costumes. I hear "Madam Mim!" A lot. Josh hears "Santa on vacation". Sad. But the people that are in the know, get it! In fairness, I can totally see the Santa angle.

bb66286f4af724b17d3da9934ebcc11f.jpg
e5c43dbcab2e9ef9438acd4e1a446505.jpg

Last edited:

krand1276

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
The party was a lot of fun!

We wandered around for a while, trying to stay in the shade. We rode Little Mermaid to get into some air conditioning. It was a 20-25 minute wait. The kid in front of us kept,looking at Josh like he was Santa (that happened a lot last night). He asked if his beard was real. Then he asked if the beard was a mask. It was pretty cute. It was near to see the wide eyes of kids that thought he was Santa.

We had a bunch of people who said our costumes were their favorite! Yay! One person said that we "dove deep". Josh had a cast member say "Welcome back from Bermuda!" We did encounter another Mim and Merlin. While we Mims were dressed alike, the other Merlin was dressed in the royal blue (shirt and shorts and wizard cap - thankfully not a full robe in that heat). Another cast member talked with us for a while saying he loved our costumes. When we told him about the Santa thing, he said an owl on his shoulder would have helped sell it! Awesome idea!

We met up with Hopemax and her husband. Such wonderful people and we really like them! We went around to a bunch of the treat lines together and then into the Villain's Grove. It really is a neat walkthrough. Hope talked with Dr. Facilier when he was complaining no one was talking to him or asking how his day was. This trail did not yield much candy, fyi.

The Mad Hatter was just returning from break when we arrived in his line. He asked Josh where he was from. There were temporary tattoos at this treat trail.

Agatha talked to me when we went through her treat line! She kept pointing in my direction and then asked "Is that another witch? Did you cast any good spells today?" or something like that. I told her that I wasn't as powerful as she was. She said it was good that I understood that.
67b6af24e86e3d5cb1c7caa9ba5a5354.jpg
eebaa8fc45c74079a98e1f7e8970da2d.jpg
0cdf5cf0cb1bd0eadf6aa65fbcd18d28.jpg
7e6b983bdc5ae9202230da3c5f0c928a.jpg
b1e6090787b7f53488433d77fc27f22e.jpg
cb83d02440372029ed546c107ed60f80.jpg

krand1276

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Will post more about other costumes, the dessert party and parade, and WebSlingers later. Thanks for reading!

krand1276

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
The Oogie Boogie treat trail was fun. Very immersive! The screens were all on and showing different gambling things. It was really nice to be in the air conditioning for a while. This trail gave a lot of candy!

Hades and Meg walked by us at one point. We also saw Pain and Panic. Later we also saw Ian and Barley from Onward. I was super excited to see all of them! The Sheriff of Nottingham and Prince John were out again this year as well.

The treat trails for Maleficent and The Evil Queen did not yeild much candy and were kind of boring. Mali just sat there for a while and didn't say anything. When she did speak, she was casting spells? She wasn't really interacting with the guests. The Evil Queen was on break and walked past us on our way out of the trail.

We did not have the chance to go through Sid's treat line or Cruella's. The line to see Cruella was so long!

We rode a couple of rides. We got in line for Toy Story Mania and met a family dressed as the birds from the Tiki Room amd a Dole Whip (picture in a later post).

At the end of the night, we also rode WebSlingers since it was being offered as a standby. Hopemax and her husband Jason got in line about 5 minutes behind us and she took a photo of us in line (thank you!). While we were on the ride, it broke down. A cast member came by and asked if anything flew out of our vehicle. Nope. She checked with one before us too. Then when the ride started back up, the let us out, but a cast member told the car behind us to stay in and ride again. Josh asked about us, so we were able to ride it again too (we had only gotten to the part with the first big spider). When we got out of there, the park was closed and pretty empty.
794c066b9993fd45da1b6a9cbc2aa980.jpg
2fa15ab311fbe5b2baede4914d7e5708.jpg
1a39e5bd0f403277a23846c1eeabcbd7.jpg
5dd6d317f371a065774a6d14392888eb.jpg
d7e48661247339d8c577e9f8724df429.jpg
4df30226973caafb0c505714ebebe6b9.jpg
147f5cbda1a270c657f6f68cf85ade61.jpg

Jabberwocky

Cheshirefied
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
The party was a lot of fun!

We wandered around for a while, trying to stay in the shade. We rode Little Mermaid to get into some air conditioning. It was a 20-25 minute wait. The kid in front of us kept,looking at Josh like he was Santa (that happened a lot last night). He asked if his beard was real. Then he asked if the beard was a mask. It was pretty cute. It was near to see the wide eyes of kids that thought he was Santa.

We had a bunch of people who said our costumes were their favorite! Yay! One person said that we "dove deep". Josh had a cast member say "Welcome back from Bermuda!" We did encounter another Mim and Merlin. While we Mims were dressed alike, the other Merlin was dressed in the royal blue (shirt and shorts and wizard cap - thankfully not a full robe in that heat). Another cast member talked with us for a while saying he loved our costumes. When we told him about the Santa thing, he said an owl on his shoulder would have helped sell it! Awesome idea!

We met up with Hopemax and her husband. Such wonderful people and we really like them! We went around to a bunch of the treat lines together and then into the Villain's Grove. It really is a neat walkthrough. Hope talked with Dr. Facilier when he was complaining no one was talking to him or asking how his day was. This trail did not yield much candy, fyi.

The Mad Hatter was just returning from break when we arrived in his line. He asked Josh where he was from. There were temporary tattoos at this treat trail.

Agatha talked to me when we went through her treat line! She kept pointing in my direction and then asked "Is that another witch? Did you cast any good spells today?" or something like that. I told her that I wasn't as powerful as she was. She said it was good that I understood that.
67b6af24e86e3d5cb1c7caa9ba5a5354.jpg
eebaa8fc45c74079a98e1f7e8970da2d.jpg
0cdf5cf0cb1bd0eadf6aa65fbcd18d28.jpg
7e6b983bdc5ae9202230da3c5f0c928a.jpg
b1e6090787b7f53488433d77fc27f22e.jpg
cb83d02440372029ed546c107ed60f80.jpg

Okay, the CM who said "Welcome back from Bermuda!" deserves a raise, a hug, and a cast compliment. Just sayin' :)

krand1276

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Okay, posting the costumes that we really liked here for both nights.

Mom and daughter dressed as Sheriff of Nottingham and the Spindle-legged stork from Devonshire. Totally one of my favorites!

Family dressed as the birds from the Tiki Room and a Dole Whip.

Ratatouille Costume with Remy hiding in the Chef Hat.

No picture taken:
Characters in Traffic Cones from Toy Story 2 (5 people with big traffic cone costumes). They dropped and froze when cast members were coming towards them and said "car!".

Haunted Mansion Ghosts.

There were SO many people dressed as Cruella (the newest version) - mom dressed as her with her kids as dalmatians, kids with their parents as dalmatians, people with their friends. But my favorite was today when we were leaving the Park. Little girl about 10 years old, who looked exactly like the 10 year old version in the movie. Her dad was dressed as Horace. They looked fantastic! No dalmatians or puppies at all with them.

A few Loki in the button down shirt and tie with Sylvie. One Loki in particular had the hair perfect! He looked just like him! The Sylvie was okay.

I'm sure there were more, but I'm blanking right now.

7a146c3f5d4a781ab635ae9d9c41fbad.jpg
7d0f8b67a2af2f3b011113aa384c17a0.jpg
3880934d20bbdc9f6b17a65de8423e14.jpg

Last edited:

Snoffsan

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Thanks for sharing! Looks like an amazing night! I miss Disney so much! Was 2 years since we went last time now. I really hope the world will be back to somewhat normal next summer so we can go then.

krand1276

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Dessert party

On Tuesday night, we had reservations for the dessert party that took place during the parade. It had been a while since we had gone to a dessert party and I was excited when I saw the dining reservation spot open. I booked it before it filled up.

Now, we've done a dessert party during the fireworks at Christmas at WDW for our 10th anniversary in 2014. It was $39/person at that time. The price has gone up quite a bit! It cost $84/person. I think we went to one other (I want to say a World of Color one), but I'm a little foggy on it right now.

Anyway, we arrived at the check in location about 30 minutes before the parade started. Everyone gets another wristband to show that they're with the party. Generally, that night they were sparkly blue, but Josh and I got red ones because of his allergy. More on that below. They led us to a regular height table that was in front of the restaurant right on the walkway. They had us sit in two chairs to one side of the table and another party of two would join us in a few minutes. There was a menu on the table that listed all of the desserts as well as two specialty alcoholic drinks for the evening. They also offered beer (Corona and Heineken) and soft drinks. When the server came by, she brought us bottled water too. We were right at the curve on the bridge in front of the Sonoma Terrace and we had a clear view all of the way down towards Little Mermaid where the parade would start to come into view. They also had a second row of bar height tables behind the wall that separated the restaurant from the walkway. We sat and chatted with our tablemates during the night (and even saw them at DLR the next day!)

Was it worth it? Well... it depends on what is important to you. When we had the previous parties, they were buffet style where you could go and fill up a plate with the different goodies that you like. Also, you could go as many times as you wanted. This time was different, I'm hoping just a temporary Covid adjustment. They put one of each item on a plate covered with a dome protector and brought it to the table. That's it. This was a downside for one of the people seated at our table as he likes sweets, but doesn't like chocolate and there was a lot of chocolate on the plate. We ordered one of each of the drinks so we could see what they were like (plus they were included in the price). Josh and the guy in the other couple also ordered a beer each. When we were done with our desserts, they gave us a to go box, which was great! They also gave us more bottles of water to go.

If seating is important to you, it was fantastic. We sat across the way on the ground two nights later to watch the parade and it definitely was not comfortable, though it's probably fine if you're younger. You don't have to camp out early or fight for a space with the party reservation.

So, as mentioned earlier, Josh has a red shellfish allergy. I am in the habit of always marking that on the dining reservations. It was nice when the chefs would come out to talk to us or sometimes the waiters would just say "no red shellfish here, no problem". So, a few days before the dessert party, I received an email from the banquets department asking about how many allergy plates we needed. I responded saying he has a red shellfish allergy, so as long as there is no shrimp, crab or lobster in the dessert, we shouldn't need the allergy plate. He responded back clarifying he wanted to make sure that I did not need an allergy plate. Would I want them to make one in case? I replied that we did not need an allergy plate. He replied that he would note that in the reservations. It was a little more than I expected, but I do still appreciate his efforts since Josh's allergy is an anaphylactic one, not a digestive one (I can't digest fake sugars, but that's not life threatening - just food poisoning symptoms, not death). So, fast forward to the party, they checked us in with an allergy and gave us both allergy wristbands. The server checked with us on who had the allergy and how many allergy plates we needed. We stated it was Josh, but only red shellfish. A regular plate was fine. About 10 minutes later, they brough one allergy plate with the other three plates and gave it to me. Lol. Fitting. It was my own fault for marking the allergy to begin with. I totally understand that they don't want liability. The whole thing was just funny. And then on top of that, the only difference in the allergy plate was a little candy bar with nuts wasn't on the allergy plate. I actually felt bad for people with nut allergies paying for this. They didn't get an extra something to make up for the missing item. Not even an extra gummy worm or gummy centipede.

So, I don't know if it was worth the cost, but I'm glad we did it and we enjoyed ourselves.

Just a personal note: we'd had lunch at Trader Sam's earlier that day including drinks. It was 95 degrees that day. The drinks plus heat plus sugar plus more alcohol, probably not the best idea. But it's rare that it's that hot.

Desserts:
Orange swirl - rice krispie treat
Purple lollypop - chocolate ganache(?) covered in purple sugar sprinkles
Round chocolate in center - chocolate mousse
Left hand side - red and clear gummy centipede (low), rainbow sour gummy worms (above)
Top of plate - spice cake with whipped cream.
Bottom of plate (only on non-allergy plate) - raspberry (?) oat bars.

a8ea536de5fc0490d67775dfef8c37c9.jpg
27da39fd09ea25b5a9ba47ae521ed5f1.jpg
93f0716df5ba36944e2c1febfa68913b.jpg

krand1276

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
The parade was a blast!!! With our seats at the dessert party, it was a great spot and didn't have to sit on the ground (not a horrible thing - we sat on the ground two nights later to watch the parade.

The headless horseman does come through first. His horse looks huge! It's such a great effect. He stopped in front of our spot for a bit before moving on.

A few minutes later, Mickey, Minnie, Halloween dancers, and the opening float came through. I cannot stop singing "It's Halloween - lo - ween everybody! Let out a scream. Horray! It's Halloween!" They play it through the entire parade and it's SO catchy!

We saw floats with The Mayor of Halloween Town in his car, Jack and Sally, Constance and the caretaker from the Haunted Mansion, Dr. Facilier, Hades, Cruella, Evil Queen, and Cheshire Cat.

Also walking/dancing were Phineas, Gus, and Ezra, Ursula, Queen of Hearts, Radcliffe, Lady Tremaine and daughters, Frollo, and Jafar.
eb3c500662906efd9c40bb86196b45ec.jpg
221cc864033b26a4b604f07ec9617cec.jpg
a4ca2802437edeec7fb1477c7a719605.jpg
a86a06b93e910d337258916fc05dbfb8.jpg
4e48f4f63efce4594fe1bc4b726e58a9.jpg
6f2a5cecc6391cc591e9aca54712b262.jpg
27155f4bd88280b7ce0b2636f459c169.jpg
f0db94d5a53dab4628cb4053f8c0c000.jpg
187d832ff1cf83663b562e19d3363b26.jpg