Orlando, FL Pin Trading Events in 2020 - 10/10/2020

Discussion in 'Pin Trading Gatherings' started by starry_solo, Sep 17, 2019.

1. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    531   0   0

This thread will be devoted to Orlando, FL (and surrounding areas) pin trading events in 2020 that we learn about.

This first post will be updated with information (date, time, location) of the event, as well as a reference to the post number which contains the information.

See Post #2 for all Mouse Pin Trading Events.

November 7, 2020 pin event
    Post #14

Subsequent posts will have the flyers advertising the event.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    Connies_Hobby, nateeter and CCofRR13 like this.
  2. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Scrapper Spotter!

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0

Mouse Pin Trading, Orlando, FL
    • January 18, 2020 from 8am to 4pm at Holiday Inn Disney Springs in Walt Disney World.
    • February 15, 2020 from 8am to 4pm at Holiday Inn Disney Springs in Walt Disney World.
    • March 21, 2020 from 8am to 4pm at Holiday Inn Disney Springs in Walt Disney World.
    • April 25, 2020 from 8am to 4pm at Holiday Inn Disney Springs in Walt Disney World.
    • May 16, 2020 from 8am to 4pm at Holiday Inn Disney Springs in Walt Disney World.
    • June 20, 2020 from 8am to 4pm at Holiday Inn Disney Springs in Walt Disney World.
    • July 18, 2020 from 8am to 4pm at Holiday Inn Disney Springs in Walt Disney World.
    • August TBD
    • September 19, 2020 from 8am to 4pm at Holiday Inn Disney Springs in Walt Disney World.
    • October 10, 2020 from 8am to 4pm at Holiday Inn Disney Springs in Walt Disney World.
    • November 14, 2020 from 8am to 4pm at Holiday Inn Disney Springs in Walt Disney World.
    • December 12, 2020 from 8am to 4pm at Holiday Inn Disney Springs in Walt Disney World.

"Mousepintrading.com and Disney Pin Collectors' Society are happy to announce the details for our Pin Trading Meetup at the Holiday Inn - Lake Buena Vista Hotel by Disney Springs.

There are a limited number of tables are available for reservation on a first come - first served basis for $30 which includes your 6 foot table (with 2 chairs), entry for 2 adults and 3 raffle tickets.

Walk-ins are still only $5 per family and include entry for 2 adults (children are always free), and 3 raffle tickets. While the hotel does charge for parking we have negotiated FREE PARKING for those attending our event, just let the attendant know you're there for pin trading and they will let you self-park for FREE.

Selling Items: Only our event sponsors are allowed to have prices listed on the items that they are selling. All other traders who wish to sell/take offers for items can do so, but nothing can be specifically priced. Any offers to purchase pins (or other collectibles) are solely at the discretion of the purchaser, we don’t want anyone to feel pressured to make a purchase offer instead of a trade. Most traders/sellers accept only cash, so if you think you're going to want to buy some pins, please bring cash.

We do have some traders who collect/trade/sell Non-Disney collectibles, this includes pins from Universal Studios, Marvel & Star Wars Items, Funkos, and Yes, even Fantasy Pins. Our only rule with these items is that any non-Disney item must be clearly identified as such, this especially applies to Fantasy Pins.

We encourage all fans, traders, and collectors to join us for an amazing day of trading and fun! Whether you've been trading for years or are new to the hobby, then this is the perfect event for you to attend.

If you would like to join us for this fun-filled day of trading, please RSVP that you’ll be attending the event on Facebook. To reserve a table, please contact Bobbie Durham or Mark Shilensky to find out what tables are available. The table layout will be posted 2-3 weeks prior to the event for people to reserve available tables.

We look forward to you joining us for a fun day of trading, games, and friends."

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2020
    starry_solo and CCofRR13 like this.
  3. Randakinskywalker

Randakinskywalker Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

@TonkaToy
    August is not being skipped, however they do wait until Disney has announced the dates for Epcot's event every year. This is because they rent the entire conference room vs the portion of the room that they normally do. It requires more planning. August event is typically $20 from what I hear (because of the difference in room size) and features traders from around the world who traveled for the Epcot event as well! They'll add August once Disney gets out the 2020 event.

These events are amazing and so welcoming, I highly recommend.

TonkaToy likes this.
  4. TonkaToy

TonkaToy Scrapper Spotter!

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0

@Randakinskywalker Thanks for the information! I updated my original post.

Sounds great. I always seems to miss these events by mere days or hours! Maybe I'll get to do one this fall!

5. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    531   0   0

6. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    531   0   0

bumping this up since the FL pin event it TODAY!!!

7. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    531   0   0

Did anyone attend the March 7th (yesterday) event in Kissimmee, FL?

8. Randakinskywalker

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Oh! I forgot to post here, but an update for Orlando pin traders. Mouse Pin Trading will resume their events at the Disney Springs Holiday Inn on August 22nd. They'll be taking all the same precautions Disney does at the parks, including temp checks at the door, mask requirements, increased distancing and sanitizing opportunities. They sound committed to having the safest and cleanest event possible. I'll be attending just to see what a pin event under these circumstances might be like, so if you choose to come, let me know!

TiggerSue and starry_solo like this.
  9. TiggerSue

TiggerSue Want TIGGER PINS!!! on PinPics - FLTiggerSue

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I'll be going too. :)
    Hope to see you there. I'll have my :tigger: Ears on!!

10. Randakinskywalker

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Update: the event organizers did a good job setting this place up for success. The unfortunate thing is that people continue to have no sense of self preservation or personal space. They're tallying their max amount of people and keeping an eye on it so in technical terms they're not overcrowded, but there's still a few too many and people will sidle up to a table with you instead of waiting their turn. However, I do still feel safe because they expanded the room so that there's enough space to get away from the oblivious people and maintain distance. There's usually an empty table somewhere you can hop to. It's resulting in a lot more loops of the room for me, but that's fine. The organizers are trying to ask people to keep their distance but it's like hoarding cats, and ultimately, they set it up to have the space for that distance, and if you don't follow it, that's on you, because you can easily move away. Frustrating, sure, but it's a personal responsibility thing. I brought sanitizer, clorox wipes, and my face mask and face shield and I feel safe.

Pinfolio is here and they're selling new safety pages that encase your pin book pages in plastic. They fit Kraken Trade too. No surprise, they're poorly made, because the zip on one has already snapped off for me, but they do their job of making it easy to sanitize and protect your pins.

Hope it's okay to post this update here! Thought people might like to know.

11. dznycrzyfmly

dznycrzyfmly Member

0   0   0

Does anyone know if there will be any pin trading events on or off property at WDW during Oct 29-Nov 7? My family and I thought there was one on the 7th but found out it was moved to later in the month. Would love to know about any events within a taxi ride's distance from the parks/Disney Springs or if there is in-park meet ups so that we can have some additional fun for our special occasion. Thanks for any and all information!

12. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    531   0   0

REMINDER: Upcoming Pin Events from Mouse Pin Trading:

[​IMG]

October 10, 2020 - 8 am to 4 pm
    November 14, 2020 - 8 am to 4 pm
    December 12, 2020 - 8 am to 4 pm

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  13. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    531   0   0

Yeah, Mouse Pin Trading changed their date from November 7th to November 14th...no idea if there are any more, but that's the big one they have monthly.

There are other FL sellers that have mini events at their booths in various locations

14. TiggerSue

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Seems no one has posted about the other long-standing Pin Trading Group in the WDW Area. Central Florida Disney Pin Chasers (on Facebook) is the original Pin Trading Group that started by having meets on Disney Property for years.

Remaining 2020 Meets: 10am - 6pm
    Saturday November 7 - for a special "East meets West" Event sponsored by multiple out of State groups.

Saturday December 5 - Christmas theme

Both at the Grand Orlando Resort at Celebration (in the Convention Center) at 2900 Parkway Blvd. Kissimmee 34747. Basically on the other side of I-4 from the Wide World of Sports complex.

They have set up the same Mask wearing, distancing and sanitizing as the other group. In fact, theirs was first, in August, to do so.

Hope to see some DPF family there :tigger:

@dznycrzyfmly
    @starry_solo

Pecosace likes this.
  15. dznycrzyfmly

dznycrzyfmly Member

0   0   0

We’ll be going to the Nov one for my daughter’s birthday Thanks for the info @TiggerSue! I haven’t had a chance to look up the info yet so this is greatly appreciated! Can’t wait to meet y’all and hopefully make some great trades

TiggerSue likes this.
  16. TiggerSue

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Please look for me - I'll have my Tigger ears on!! ;)

17. dznycrzyfmly

dznycrzyfmly Member

0   0   0

Will do TiggerSue!

18. TiggerSue

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Here is the info for Central Florida Disney Pin Chasers November "East meets West" Event. Please check out their Facebook page.

Welcome to our East meets West Event!!
    We are very lucky to have several pin trading groups join us from California! There will be plenty of trading opportunities and new friendships to me made. A big thank you to Erin Morehouse Beeman for gathering those groups up and bringing them here!!

If this is your 1st time coming to our meets, we are a friendly helpful group of traders. You don’t need a lot of pins to come out and enjoy the day and talk to other traders and make some trades. You can even learn some pin knowledge! Those who are experienced traders can find lots of trading.

If you want to sell a few things, it can be only done out of a 14x14 plastic scrapbook container. Theses containers can be bought at a craft store or from us for $5. You can utilize the lid and bottom. No selling from your books.

Thank you to our sponsors TD Collectibles, Tampa Coastal Disney Pin Traders and Disney Pyro Guy. Please check out their great items for sale and give them a big thanks for sponsoring our group!!

Parking is free just ring the bell at the gate and tell them your with the pin meet.
    Admission:
    $25 for Table and 2 people
    $5 per Trading Adult
    Children under 17 free

19. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    531   0   0

Thanks for posting this! I saw it in my news feed on Facebook but then it disappeared and I couldn't find it again (to copy & paste the picture!)

TiggerSue likes this.