• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Our WDW Pin Haul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our WDW Pin Haul

CoryTheRaven

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
My new wife and I got back from our honeymoon in Walt Disney World, and it was about time I posted our pin "haul" here! It was our first time to WDW after DLR, DLP, and TDR (for me, she hasn't been to Japan... yet). If anyone is interested in our experience, I posted about it at our Disney blog: http://yesterday-tomorrow-and-fantasy.blogspot.ca/2014/09/our-first-trip-to-walt-disney-world.html. Anyways, on with the pins!

My wife allowed me to set up a little corner for my pins, as well as the prints I've been collecting from Jeremy Fulton. He's been working on a series for the Disneyland Railroad, and Primeval World just came out earlier this year. I managed to find it at WDW.

DSC00124.JPG

DSC00123.JPG

DSC00127.JPG

DSC00126.JPG

I added a few to my memento collection... A nice WDW pin, I traded for the five-legged goat Hidden Mickey/Scrapper pin, bought the Maleficent Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party pin at the party (I wanted the Hitchhiking Ghosts or Headless Horseman, but I guess they were part of a set), and the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom medal after beating the game. We LOVED the game, by the way. I'm just sorry that it's only at WDW, which we have no intention of returning to anytime soon. After I type this out, I'm shooting an e-mail to Disneyland begging them to get it.

On top of those, I started an erstwhile Fantasia collection by buying a Sorcerer Mickey pin and trading for a Hop-Low Hidden Mickey/Scrapper (I already owned the Chernabog pin from the Walt Disney Family Museum). Thankfully there aren't a lot of Fantasia pins I actually like, so it will necessarily be a small collection.

I also traded for three of the five "Under the Sea Band" Hidden Mickey/Scrapper pins and I even managed to trade for a REAL pin! :D I snagged a pin of Pirate Minnie to go with my Pirate Mickey I bought in Disneyland Paris.

DSC00131.JPG

In case anyone is like "OMG! Dude! How can you have scrappers in your collection?!?" I look at it this way: I took four potential scrappers out of circulation, injecting four real pins I didn't really want anyways (one of which I know was immediately scooped up by someone who traded with the same castmember a minute later). I'm not going to trade these Hidden Mickey/Scrapper pins off either. They're staying with me, under the knowledge that they're probably scrappers.

I also introduced my wife to the world of pinnage by presenting her with a lanyard and some pins. We made a little game of it... She loves Beauty and the Beast and New Fantasyland was basically our reason for going to WDW. So I bought a lanyard (from Big Fat Lanyards, thanks wyllieam!) and the complete Beauty and the Beast New Fantasyland mystery collection (thanks DisneySum!). Then as we went around to different parts of Belle's Village, I gave her the different pins. So for example, when we went through Enchanted Tales with Belle I gave her that pin, and when we bought something at Bonjour Village Gifts I gave her that pin. We even got a photo of Gaston giving her the pin of himself! She also bought a couple pins for herself to add to it :)

DSC00128.JPG

DSC00129.JPG

DSC00130.JPG

wd029wdw2014245115980192.jpeg

Besides having nice interactions with the castmembers and a few conversations about my pins (one castmember working in the Grand Floridian LOVED my 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea collection), we had a great time with the costumed characters. Here are Rapunzel and Ariel admiring our pins. Ariel was especially struck by my having a pin OF her :)

wd006wdw2014253118722468.jpeg

wd020wdw2014245115975083.jpeg

wd021wdw2014245115975084.jpeg

wd025wdw2014245115975088.jpeg

Being our honeymoon, of course we got the wedding ears. Since we didn't want to actually wear them around though, we got the Mr. and Mrs. pin set. (I don't know if it was official or castmembers taking matters into their own hands, but we also saw some Mr./Mr. and Mrs./Mrs. sets as well, which is awesome!)...

DSC00136.JPG

Anyways, those are the results of our trip. We also spent way too much on other stuff as well... A Haunted Mansion gargoyle candle-holder that broke in my luggage on the way back home, the Beauty and the Beast stained glass throw blanket, every collectable cup available, one of everything from Harry Potter Land... A good time was had, and we can check WDW off our list. Now I'm just left with a Fantasia​ pin collection to get serious about >_<

Congrats! Looks like you had a great time :- ) Lovely pictures!

It's hard not to buy everything when you're passionate about something XD We are taking our first ever trip to WDW next year and I will need to take some serious spending money for it! :p

So lucky to have a collectors corner, I don't think I have a corner free in my house for putting pins on display. Looks like you had a wonderful trip and thank you for sharing it :)

Very nice haul! You got some nice pins and great stories to go along with them, and most importantly, it sounds like you made some great memories! Congratulations on your wedding, and watch out for Gaston, seems all the women swoon over him (my wife included lol!) :D

Looks like you had some wonderful fun! There are some pretty nice Fantasia pins out there, so I don't think you'll be bored!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back