• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Park Pack Mad Hatter Keeper or Scrapper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Park Pack Mad Hatter Keeper or Scrapper

DeputyDonald

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I was recently advised that this series has been faked. If anyone has them and can advise me what to look for specifically for these pins to know if it’s a scrapper please let me know.

The pin arrived damaged despite the seller stating it was mint. He claims these specific pins damage easily due to the way they were made but he refunded the purchase and advised me to keep the pin for my troubles. He’s a power seller from Florida and claims he received it through trading in the Parks which is entirely possible.

It’s a free pin but I’m just trying to see if it’s a scrapper/fake or if I can keep it.

I checked the normal errors in fakes. Doesn’t appear to be any sharp edges, or crammed writing. The pin overall looks good minus the minor damage on the pin. Comments and advice are welcome.

5887c3e055fa5b7af4ac83e9e69f9c35.jpg

173ded7b171f4c6615ef0be2b94fb294.jpg

I don’t believe there’s any perfections on the back, what appears as a flaw in the picture is mostly due to lighting.

Here’s the damage on the pin. My wife called me petty for attempting to return it. What can I say I like my pins to be shipped as described and this was definitely not mint as described.

8b687b2f946c72bd1637db55497fda8b.jpg

059433c195a4484801290083c62e6d4c.jpg

Last edited:
I'm still trying to complete this set and still need three of those center image ones which are the ones that were faked. But someone who says they got it just trading for it in the park? That sets off my alarms right there.

ETA: but I'll agree with you that they're damaged, too. Again a bad sign.

I mean the guy refunded me and told me to keep it and who gives away pins for free?!? I mean... errr I guess we do, but a Zap from a member is totally different from a seller avoiding the hassle of a return.

I guess I’ll hold onto it for now unless I can get a key feature to look out for. If this is a fake it’s a really good one. I was only able to see the damage with careful observation in sunlight and a loupe or zoomed in very closely in the right lighting with my phone.

And there we go. Haunted's pin has an FAC number, and the one DeputyDonald has doesn't. Plus, the Mickey pattern is different. It's always nice when it's an easy distinguishing mark. What's interesting is that it's a molded number. They probably made a batch and realized they were supposed to have the number and then had to redo them.

Does anyone else have the Mad Hatter and confirm it matches Haunted's pin?

It also looks like there's the missing paint on the butterflies in the OP's image, which I think is supposed to be one of the tells of the fakes, too.

But the molded number that hopemax points out is interesting too. Hmm, maybe I'll go pull out the ones I've traded for and see if that's consistent on the center pins...

ETA: yes, number is on the back of my Hatter, which came on card in a trade.

Also on the back of a random Alice falling one that I just pulled out.

And on the back of the White Rabbit center one I also traded for in its original pack box.

Last edited:
I know one of the ways to tell a scrapper is the bread and butterflies, but I forgot what.

It is. If you will look at @DeputyDonald vs @Haunted575 , you will notice that the left bread & butterfly (the one to the viewer's left) is not fully colored in with yellow. It's like it's a half-bread & butterfly. Also, not sure if it's the lighting, but the frame looks like a brighter pink on the top right flower (again to viewer's right) whereas in @Haunted575 , it's a dark shade of magenta.

Thanks guys! That clears it up. I appreciate your prompt responses. I’ve removed it from my collection on pinpics and I’ll dispose of it accordingly. Man does this make me hate fakers/scrappers. It’s possible he didn’t know but the compiled evidence makes it likely he did. Thanks again. As they say on Mythbusters - Busted!

Thanks guys! That clears it up. I appreciate your prompt responses. I’ve removed it from my collection on pinpics and I’ll dispose of it accordingly. Man does this make me hate fakers/scrappers. It’s possible he didn’t know but the compiled evidence makes it likely he did. Thanks again. As they say on Mythbusters - Busted!

I think your pin is still nice and if we have to look so closely for differences when side by side to another pin, then maybe it has a place in a collection as a known fake. I have a hidden mickey Cheshire teapot scrapper which I chose to keep to complete my set.

e2f3528de47de03b01555dde3d8f70bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well good. Im glad this thread was productive for others as well.

FYI- I gave the seller a heads up on the off chance he really didn’t know it was fake. It felt like the right thing to do in case he had others.

From there it’s up to him to do the right thing.

Well good. Im glad this thread was productive for others as well.

FYI- I gave the seller a heads up on the off chance he really didn’t know it was fake. It felt like the right thing to do in case he had others.

From there it’s up to him to do the right thing.
Oh he knows well that their fake If you message me their name I'll tell you what I've experienced with them I have a feeling I know who you are talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back