• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

People Can Unknowingly sell/trade a Scrapper! Give Sellers A Break!

Status
Not open for further replies.
People Can Unknowingly sell/trade a Scrapper! Give Sellers A Break!

TiggerNut

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Okay..just want to protect the innocent here...

I am a trader, buyer and seller of Disney pins.

I have been trading since late 1999. I have unknowingly been the victim of fake pins like anyone who has been doing this for some time.

Please know...many people do not pass along a fake intentionally. If/when you are concerned about a pin -give the seller/trader a break -as they may not know either. Talk to the seller. Be reasonable and fair too, they may not have known. Accusing language is not nice or fair in truly innocent situations.

I am AMAZED at people so willing to call this & that a fake, when clearly they have no idea what they are talking about! Sometimes I wonder if it is jealousy.

ALSO - do know sellers are victims too! I cannot tell you how many times I have sold a legit pin on original card -only to have it returned with the scrapper version! I have no recourse and I worry the minute I get that dreaded email of "I think the pin you sent me is fake."

Just keep this in mind when you are deciding a pin is the dreaded fake or not.

Just my 2 cents today,

Diana

aka Dream499

I can completely agree. I feel like some people automatically assume a pin is fake. I was actually talking to a cast member while trading on a pin board in animal kingdom and he was telling me how OFFICIAL Disney pins can have noticeable differences, although they're the same design. For example, on the pin board he showed me two versions of pin 82376, one with a red line on the bottom and one with brown - both authentic. (The man had been a Disney employee for over 10 years and collected some pins of his own, so there was no reason not to believe him.)

I feel like scrappers for the most part are obvious. Anyone who has a basic knowledge of pins can see the signs - rough edges, lighter weight, pale painting, silver outlining where it's not supposed to be, paint dips, mickey heads not going to back... the list goes on.

But back to what you said Diana. I completely agree that some people need to have the decency to know the difference between asking if it's a potential fake and accusing. And they need to take into account that THEY took the risk of trading online. I always check the persons feedback/references, and if I have any concerns I ask for them to take pictures for me to see for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back