• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Permission to post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permission to post?

PotterPlays

JOHNNY FIVE IS ALIIIIIIVE!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello

Joined a few days ago, saw that there is a sale / buy thread. Wanted to post there but it says I don't have permission to post.

Any idea why?

You need to be a DPF member for 10 days AND have 30 posts under your belt before you can post there.

This is to prevent spammers and encourage community engagement.

Hope to see you around the forums! :fig:

Hi,
I am glad someone asked this question. So now I can post... but I still am unable to add an attachment and there have been a few posts with attachments I wanted to create. As you can see I have hit the marks for days and posts. Any idea why I still cannot upload an attachment with my posts?

No one can post attachments. This site does not provide storage for images. If you want to put something like that in a post, you have to link to it. You can host your photos on places like Photobucket, Flickr, etc.

No one can post attachments. This site does not provide storage for images. If you want to put something like that in a post, you have to link to it. You can host your photos on places like Photobucket, Flickr, etc.

Thanks for clarifying this. I was really confused.

Also, FYI, you can no longer use Photobucket for imaging purposes. They won't support 3rd party hosting unless you pay them :p

So, try imgur or flickr.

Hello,

I believe I met the requirements by still can’t post my wants/trades. Am I missing something?

What specifically are you trying to do? If you are trying to upload pictures, you can't do it as an attachment even though it says something about being an option and not having permission. No one has permission to do it that way. They must be already available on the web (a lot of people use Imgur now that Photobucket doesn't work) and then you link to that image.

If you can't post any posts in the Marketplace area then someone might have to take a look. Unless, you just hit 30 posts today, then when the server updates permissions it should work, but it can take a little time, and try again tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back