• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pictures of real and scrappered pin 81857 DS.com TRON Stitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pictures of real and scrappered pin 81857 DS.com TRON Stitch

unibear

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Front: Real pin first, fake pin second

Colors—The blue background color of the body armor in the real pin is a dark, cobalt blue. This makes the light blue lines “pop†and look like they’re glowing. Also, you can’t see the “pebble†finish behind the dark blue in his helmet or his body.
The blue background color of the body armor in the fake pin is lighter blue, but still darker than the light blue lines. The lines don’t “pop†as much and the lines kind of fade into the color of the body. Also, the lighter blue body color is more transparent and you can see the “pebble†finish on his helmet and body behind the blue background color.

Lines—The sliver lines on the black background of the real pin have different thicknesses. The lines of the concentric circles are thicker than the diagonal lines used to fill the inner circle. Also, on the left, the inner-most circle is thicker on the top half of the circle (near his left ear and the left side of his face) than it is on the bottom half of the circle (near his left shoulder and arm). Finally, on the right side, the circular line that appears only in the top half of the circle is thinner than the other circular lines on each side of it.
On the fake pin, all of these lines are the same thickness and show no variation between the concentric circles and the diagonal lines. All of the lines are the same thickness as the thinner lines on the real pin.

Back: Real pin first, fake pin second

LE writing—The back of the real pin says “Limited Edition 250†with a ‘zero’. The numbers are also the same height as the taller letters (L E, d, i, t).
The back of the fake pins says “Limited Edition 25o†with a lower case ‘o’. The numbers appear to be shorter than the letters and appear to be just a bit taller than the short letters (m, e, o, n).

OMG, I did not know that these pictures were going to be so big. At least the big pictures show the details of the pin. Any suggestions on how to resize them?

I think most photo hosting sites will allow you to resize your photos. I know Photobucket does. However, I think the bigger pictures make it easier to spot the differences in the two pins.

Wow this is so educational! Thanks for this. Crazy...how hard they try to scrap a good pin, but they always manage to fail at replicating that 'Disney Magic.'

you should put them next to each other in photoshop and make them one picture but next to each other it's hard to scroll back and forth to see the differences and remember what you were just looking at LOL I want to stare at them next to each other ROTFL... just remember photoshop is your friend. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.