• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Piece of Disney Movie History

Status
Not open for further replies.
Piece of Disney Movie History

tiki-4

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Is there any resource online for seeing the different versions of the scenes for the different PODM pins?

Specifically i am try to learn what is available for Little Mermaid (if there is one of the Under the Sea sequence) and
what is available for Lion King (if there is one for Timon in a hula skirt).

I debating trying to start a pinterest for each and than populating it with pictures from those being sold on ebay, but seems that maybe someone else might have a better idea on how to slice the loaf of bread.

Someome has printed a book as well, but I think the best is

http://www.pintalk.com/forum/community/pin-lounge/5435-the-podm-library

Note, it is not necessarily 100% complete, but it's close. The scenes shown are the major variations - each of these has similar scenes (ie. smiles changing, monkees swinging, or faces looking slight different) as each pin is slightly unique (though animated films duplicated frames to cut down on animation needed, so there would likely be two of each)

The first year pins are from about a continuous 90 seconds in the film or so. The second year pins bounce around and are usually from 4-6 scenes.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say that I would adore a PODM of Timon in his hula outfit. ;)

I'll have to settle for trying to get the one of him carrying the leaf platter of bugs.

FYI, it's called "Piece of Disney Movies" (PODM). There is no "history" in the name of the pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back