• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin 66610: WDW - Hidden Mickey Series III - Colorful Mickeys - Pink - Scrappers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pin 66610: WDW - Hidden Mickey Series III - Colorful Mickeys - Pink - Scrappers?

xbeckyx

Halloween Town Resident
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I know there is a scrapper alert on these pins already. But the two I have are both very different from each other.

I recently made a trade for one of these, without realising I already have it, and its the Orange one that I need to complete the collection (trade anyone? lol)!

So when I went to put them together, I noticed they were very different. But both seem a little flawed.

The one on the left is the newest one I traded for and the one on the right, I must have traded for about 3 years ago.

The one on the left isnt pink at all. And also there is no little line on the tounge. Where the one on the right is a nice pink. However little things like the bridge of the nose there is a pink line.

Here are the backs;

Apart from the line on the nose, Im thinking the right one could be the less scrapper? But still could be one :down:

Does anyone else have this pin to compare?

In comparison to the ones we have that I know are real. The pin on the right looks to be the real deal. The pin on the left, definatly not real. Wrong color, no line in the tongue, smile lines are exagerated, forehead doesn't connect over top of the eyes, peeks of the smile seem to be one line instead of 2 like on the pin on the right, the back is to shiney, swirls in the boxes on the back. Just to many things point to the pin on the left being fake...

Thanks for the reply!
It settled for me that the pin is a scrapper. I have only just traded for it, but seeing as it is only a HM I won't bother contacting the other trader.

Hey Becky! Have just checked my pin for you & I agree with the comments above - I also noticed that the Hidden Mickey head on the left pin is "oversized" which I have seen on a lot of the scrappers (not just this one!) - I use this as a guide when trading

What do you mean by "swirls in the boxes on the back."?

See how the real pin the edition box is clear and the fake one it's fuzzy?? These are swirls that are caused by poor production or poor base metals. Just impurities in the metal which cause impurities in the finished product. "Swirls" or fuzzy boxes, whatever you want to call it..

Status
Not open for further replies.