• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin 80415 Jessica Rabbit as Vampire Counterfeit *Pictures can be seen here*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pin 80415 Jessica Rabbit as Vampire Counterfeit *Pictures can be seen here*
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Hi everyone

A few weeks ago I received a counterfeit version of Pin 80415 Jessica Rabbit as a Vampire from a very well known member here on DPF (If you would like to know their Username, please PM me). I took pictures of the pin and have decided to share them with the rest of the community in hope that it will raise awareness for this particular pin. Below you can see my pictures -

IMG_4458_zps834060fc.jpg

IMG_4457_zps83a827d4.jpg

IMG_4456_zps8e658456.jpg

IMG_4460_zpscf647a09.jpg

Before I was sure that this was a counterfeit I messaged gbdb4ever (Greg & Debby) and they were nice enough to send me pictures of the Jessica as Rabbit pin they bought themselves directly from the Disney Store. Below you can see their photos -

JessVamp2_zps7798b158.jpg

JessVamp3_zps282cfe11.jpg

JessVamp4_zpsa5e0a846.jpg

JessVamp1_zpsd006ccf6.jpg

If you look at both sets of photos of the pins there are some noticeable differences -

1.) The Counterfeit came in a cheaply cellophane-like bag while the Authentic one comes in a ziplock-like bag.

2.) Authentic comes in white protective pouch while the Counterfeit does not have one.

4.) The small SKU that is Printed onto the Backing Card is missing on the Counterfeit but it is visible on the Authentic.

4.) While I know it cannot be 100% sure but the colors on the 2 pins seem to be pretty different looking.

The reason I believe I received a Counterfeit in the first place is because on the pin's listing on PinPics, it mentioned the counterfeits coming in a cellophane-like bag which mine did. You can see the comments on the pin on it's listing on PinPics.

I would like to thank Greg and Debby for taking their time in taking pictures of their pin for me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back