• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin 83469 - Alice Mystery Card Pin - Tweedle Dee and Dum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pin 83469 - Alice Mystery Card Pin - Tweedle Dee and Dum

Cheshirecat26

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Well, I thought I had finally found an authentic Alice Mystery Card Pin. The pin was on the original card and everything. It looked fine, but I took it off the card and by the pin part of the backing is peeling off. Pin backing kind of looks glued on. Everything else looks right on it. Is this a scrapper?

Could just be poor quality. Some of the newer Disney pins aren't quite up to snuff when it comes to quality. Is there anything else about the pin that seems suspicious? Like does the paint match up with what the authentic should be or are the colors too dull/vibrant? Are there dips or streaks in the paint?

The paint looks fine and matches. The gold metal color is nice and bright like it was polished. I do have ended up with some scrappers in this set. So unfortunately I have experience with what the dull color looks like. When I am able to figure it out, I will post a picture of it.

A couple of pins I purchased direct from Disney's online store were "bubbling" on the back. I decided not to touch them for fear of the gold flaking off!

Status
Not open for further replies.