• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin 84800 Ariel's Undersea Adventure Set Value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pin 84800 Ariel's Undersea Adventure Set Value?

echoharmony

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
Hey all, long time no see. *wave* I just acquired this set in brand new condition with all 10 pins, in box/book, but am having a hard time finding a value for it. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen a couple of the individual pins go for a pretty penny by themselves, but I’ve heard wildly varying opinions on value of the set itself. Everything from $200-1,000. I’m going to be selling it, but I’d like to get a better idea of value first. Any ideas? I haven’t found it or any of the pins(besides Scuttle) on EBay.

Thanks in advance!

pin84800th200

Just for reference for those who are wondering what the set is (this is the box).

Pins have taken a dive lately with many newer pin traders wanting the newest pins that have come out.

The Ariel/Eric boat pin recently sold for $70 on eBay. The Ariel/Flounder sold for $20. This is on eBay US.

On eBay UK, the following pins went unsold:
Ariel/Eric wedding pin: £ 39.99,
Triton for £ 22.99
Scuttle for £ 27.99
Ariel dancing for £ 32.99

I don't think you can get $1000 for it. People would spend that money on a LE100 Art Nouveau or Carousel pin or Gomes, but not a set of 10 pins like this. You might be able to get $500 for it - maybe - if you are patient and willing to wait. If you want a quick sale, pricing at $200 may garner it. I am of the motto to start a bit high and leave room for negotiation.

You'll make more if you break up the set-I absolutely think it's worth more than $100-$150, that's only $10-$15 a pin. You can probably get between $70-$90 for Ariel and Eric in a boat alone, if you put the rest up on eBay at a starting bid of $19.99, you'll probably sell most of them and will make at LEAST $250. But you won't get a good price if you keep them together, IMO.

Reactions: Ajk
Why not base the price on what you have invested and what you think is fair, as a posed to just trying to get the most money out of it. Just a idea and probably not a popular one around here with the reselling and what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back