Pin and Pop - Virtual Trade Events

Sithathoriunet

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
And here are the ones I got for trading, or that were returned from cancelled trades. I was surprised how many damaged pins were sent in. Hopefully people have learned that Jenn doesn't let those things slip by and won't send pins that are in bad shape in the future.
75a7752438267f6c6df40a958c4f36d0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

kriscar

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I keep looking thru the photos, looking for pins I sent in. No luck so far, but I did only make 2 trades. This time (with experience under my belt) made 15 trades! I'm sure some of those won't go thru due to pin defects, participants not shipping etc, but it's still a lot more than last event.

raikipins

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
This event I didn't make as many trades, but I was much more selective this time 'round. Definitely learned from last event's experience, as well as from what you all mentioned was annoying re: offers. So I pretty much only offered on pins if I already had one of their wants, unless it was an actual big ISO of mine. I also think being able to see the listed pins in advance helped, since I couldn't act on the initial hype and desperately try for all the ones that immediately excited me. There was time to let that excitement calm down and plan in my head what I was willing to offer for my major wants.

One of my grails did show up this event, but alas, no luck. :') Still, if all goes well, I hope to finish with a modest 10-12 pin haul! :D But since last time I went from 22 to 14 trades, I'm a bit worried, haha.

4) Also interested in seeing how the multi-pin trade is implemented in the future.

Still super excited to see what everyone traded for from this event and looking forward to hearing about the Patreon only event in December. I want to know what goodies will be in that event!
Oh, has Jenn mentioned that that will be a feature they’ll be implementing? : o And there will be a Patreon only event? I’m out of the loop! But both sound very exciting!

I suppose this was all mentioned on the FB page? I should probably take a look at it. ^^;

I keep looking thru the photos, looking for pins I sent in. No luck so far, but I did only make 2 trades. This time (with experience under my belt) made 15 trades! I'm sure some of those won't go thru due to pin defects, participants not shipping etc, but it's still a lot more than last event.
I've also been curious if any DPF members traded with each other unknowingly! I don't think I've seen any of my pins in anyone's hauls yet either. I guess there must've been quite a number of people participating!

Congrats on a successful pin haul! :D

curiousdinah

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
This event I didn't make as many trades, but I was much more selective this time 'round. Definitely learned from last event's experience, as well as from what you all mentioned was annoying re: offers. So I pretty much only offered on pins if I already had one of their wants, unless it was an actual big ISO of mine. I also think being able to see the listed pins in advance helped, since I couldn't act on the initial hype and desperately try for all the ones that immediately excited me. There was time to let that excitement calm down and plan in my head what I was willing to offer for my major wants.

One of my grails did show up this event, but alas, no luck. :') Still, if all goes well, I hope to finish with a modest 10-12 pin haul! :D But since last time I went from 22 to 14 trades, I'm a bit worried, haha.

Oh, has Jenn mentioned that that will be a feature they’ll be implementing? : o And there will be a Patreon only event? I’m out of the loop! But both sound very exciting!

I suppose this was all mentioned on the FB page? I should probably take a look at it. ^^;

I've also been curious if any DPF members traded with each other unknowingly! I don't think I've seen any of my pins in anyone's hauls yet either. I guess there must've been quite a number of people participating!

Congrats on a successful pin haul! :D
I am sure they did. I am terrible at getting pics posted on this site, so never got my haul of mostly AIW pins up.

TonkaToy

Scrapper Spotter!
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I know I have traded with @Sithathoriunet at a Pin & Pop event. :)
This last event was my third, and I am starting to get a little better about how to keep track of pins I have on a table vs. what I offer. My strategy this time around was to not use any of my table pins as traders and to only use my traders for one offer each - that way I wasn't trying to keep track of offers that might have been duplicates. It worked really well, but I came away with fewer trades. 11 pins (if they all work out).