Pin and Pop - Virtual Trade Events

raikipins

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Head over to the pin and pop website to get set-up. You'll need to make an account.
I think the next event is the biggest of the year!
Thanks! I actually had made an account earlier this year but didn't really look further into it once I realized I couldn't just start making trades immediately and without paying. :p

But after this thread, I checked it out more thoroughly and started adding my traders and ISOs. I'm glad that new pins are being added here at least. :3 This is a pretty cool and intriguing approach to online trading, so I'm interested to try it out!

Also, it sounds like I found this thread at the right time then! The new event sounds exciting. :D Though I think I might want to get better acquainted with the system before then, so I'm considering joining the Trade Pass tier so I can start with the rotating trade boards. It seems like I missed the one that caught my interest though. :/ Will another one appear again soon?

TonkaToy

Scrapper Spotter!
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
For those of you with FB, here is an info post about the next event.

a463158327290dd302acf6f4beebbc5a.jpg

dznycrzyfmly

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0

Thanks for the info! I found the post on Instagram also and have purchased a ticket for the event!!

Sithathoriunet

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0

Thanks for the heads up! Now to decide which level of ticket I want...

Sithathoriunet

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Got my haul from the last Pin & Pop event today! Two of my pins ended up being fakes :'( but they sent those back to me with real pins to replace them! And one of the people I arranged a trade with couldn't find the pin, but they sent me two other pins as an apology. How nice was that?!
The Mickey & Minnie WDW 50th is a prize I won from one of the Facebook games they had going during the event.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
599ea62ef09d9a02759c49e72054f2a5.jpg

mybabykelly

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
264   0   0
Quick question for those who attended the previous event (I’m highly considering the next one on the 8th). Did other traders have HTF/rare pins on their trade tables or were they lower value traders? Were there DEC/WDI level of pins?

Thanks for any info you can provide :)

MMiano

Princess Mmiano
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Quick question for those who attended the previous event (I’m highly considering the next one on the 8th). Did other traders have HTF/rare pins on their trade tables or were they lower value traders? Were there DEC/WDI level of pins?

I was wondering that too

dznycrzyfmly

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Lol yeah hopefully someone can shed some light. I think it would only be worth it for me if there are new DEC/WDI traders on there since those are the ones not currently on Pinpics.
Although we did not attend the most recent trade event, we have seen WDI, DEC, and many other grail pins in previous events. We have managed to trade for a WDI Jessica Rabbit pin LE 150 before and that was pretty epic. Many folks have revealed that they have traded for DSSH grails, WDI and DEC in the past events so I feel like you have a good chance. What’s being offered at each event is dictated by what the admins and people who pay for trade tables decide to offer up for the events. It is also NOT a guarantee that anyone will accept a trade offer but if you have higher quality pins there’s a good chance to trade for the higher quality pins offered.

mybabykelly

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
264   0   0
Although we did not attend the most recent trade event, we have seen WDI, DEC, and many other grail pins in previous events. We have managed to trade for a WDI Jessica Rabbit pin LE 150 before and that was pretty epic. Many folks have revealed that they have traded for DSSH grails, WDI and DEC in the past events so I feel like you have a good chance. What’s being offered at each event is dictated by what the admins and people who pay for trade tables decide to offer up for the events. It is also NOT a guarantee that anyone will accept a trade offer but if you have higher quality pins there’s a good chance to trade for the higher quality pins offered.
Thank you so much! This def makes it more worth while for me :) Just purchased the virtual table, hope I can make at least 1 worthwhile trade!

Last edited:

dznycrzyfmly

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Thank you so much! This def makes it more worth while for me :) Just purchased the virtual table, hope I can make at least 1 worthwhile trade!
Hope you are able to trade for some really amazing pins!! We will also be participating with the regular ticket. I'm excited to see what gets offered!!

mybabykelly

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
264   0   0
Hope you are able to trade for some really amazing pins!! We will also be participating with the regular ticket. I'm excited to see what gets offered!!
I’m actually really excited. I don’t do well at in-person events but a virtual version of them sounds ideal for me :) I’m gonna try to do all the events they are hosting that weekend and just have a cozy weekend in

MMiano

Princess Mmiano
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I’m actually really excited. I don’t do well at in-person events but a virtual version of them sounds ideal for me :) I’m gonna try to do all the events they are hosting that weekend and just have a cozy weekend in
I don’t do well with in person either. I kind of feel intimidated and I’m rather shy. I do better online I think

dznycrzyfmly

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Do you have to have Facebook?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Nope it is not necessary. I don't know if trivia will be on Facebook or Insta this time (it's flip-flopped in the past) but other than that there really isn't too big of a need for social media. Since this is the biggest event of the year I don't know what will change but if you'd like I can post whatever info that pops up on the event Facebook page on here. We will be participating so I have no problem posting. I need to practice how to post on here anyway. :)

mybabykelly

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
264   0   0
More questions from a newb. Do you have the opportunity to message other users who make a trade offer? Like can I ask them about the quality of their pins etc?

dznycrzyfmly

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
More questions from a newb. Do you have the opportunity to message other users who make a trade offer? Like can I ask them about the quality of their pins etc?
Unfortunately, no you can't communicate with anyone during the event. All traders are anonymous until people start receiving their packages and ONLY if they choose to post their trading haul. The quality check process is where Jenn and the rest of the PinandPop team will take high quality photos about the pins you will potentially receive in trade. I say potentially because you do have the option to ask more questions about the pins and to decline if you don't like something you see in the photo.

mybabykelly

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
264   0   0
Unfortunately, no you can't communicate with anyone during the event. All traders are anonymous until people start receiving their packages and ONLY if they choose to post their trading haul. The quality check process is where Jenn and the rest of the PinandPop team will take high quality photos about the pins you will potentially receive in trade. I say potentially because you do have the option to ask more questions about the pins and to decline if you don't like something you see in the photo.
Okay this is amazing! This is all making me feel so much more confident, thank you!

Cheshirecat26

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0

In one of the trade events I did trade for the DEC Evil Queen stamp pin. I have seen other WDI and DEC grails in the events. This upcoming one looks like a big one so I wouldn't be surprised that some grails are on the boards.

mybabykelly

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
264   0   0
In one of the trade events I did trade for the DEC Evil Queen stamp pin. I have seen other WDI and DEC grails in the events. This upcoming one looks like a big one so I wouldn't be surprised that some grails are on the boards.
Can you explain to me what the “boards” are. I know there are virtual tables that other traders will have that you can make offers for, but are the “boards” different than that?

TonkaToy

Scrapper Spotter!
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Can you explain to me what the “boards” are. I know there are virtual tables that other traders will have that you can make offers for, but are the “boards” different than that?
The boards are the tables. It is used interchangeably. Once everyone added their pins to their "table" one big "board" is generated for you to look through. You don't have to switch around to different tables, it is all just one big list of pins. Sometimes there are thousands of pins so there may be a lot of pages to look through. It can be a little overwhelming the first couple of times you participate. I would check out the YouTube videos to get an idea of how it works. The pins listed range from common to very low LE. Once the board is closed, you can go through all the offers and decline or accept them. Once all the pins arrive at Pin and Pop, they are authenticated and you will get another chance to accept or decline trades based on what Pin and Pop discovers about them. For example, if something is a scrapper - they will let you know, and you decline the offer. They will send photos of pins with flaws or damage, and again, you can decline or accept the offer. It will take a few weeks sometimes to get all your trades in the mail because Pin and Pop has to sort through everything that comes in - but it is totally worth it.
I love the anonymity because it takes out the emotions - like I don't feel bad declining a trade - have to deal with sharks - or worry that I am somehow walking away with a bad taste in my mouth -

mybabykelly

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
264   0   0
The boards are the tables. It is used interchangeably. Once everyone added their pins to their "table" one big "board" is generated for you to look through. You don't have to switch around to different tables, it is all just one big list of pins. Sometimes there are thousands of pins so there may be a lot of pages to look through. It can be a little overwhelming the first couple of times you participate. I would check out the YouTube videos to get an idea of how it works. The pins listed range from common to very low LE. Once the board is closed, you can go through all the offers and decline or accept them. Once all the pins arrive at Pin and Pop, they are authenticated and you will get another chance to accept or decline trades based on what Pin and Pop discovers about them. For example, if something is a scrapper - they will let you know, and you decline the offer. They will send photos of pins with flaws or damage, and again, you can decline or accept the offer. It will take a few weeks sometimes to get all your trades in the mail because Pin and Pop has to sort through everything that comes in - but it is totally worth it.
I love the anonymity because it takes out the emotions - like I don't feel bad declining a trade - have to deal with sharks - or worry that I am somehow walking away with a bad taste in my mouth -
Wow this was such a comprehensive response, thank you for taking the time. It also makes me so excited for this event, as if I wasn’t already!!!

TonkaToy

Scrapper Spotter!
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
@mybabykelly no worries, glad to help.
I found that I needed a lot of time to go through all the pins on the board (table), so hopefully you'll be able to have a few hours to yourself and sift through everything.

My first time around, I had a little difficulty navigating the requests and offers on pins once the board closed and I missed out on a few. Don't worry too much about that though, you'll still have great trades. I got over my frustration pretty quick.

Jenn at Pin & Pop makes everything fun and when your package arrives you'll be super pleased.

Another thing I learned was to keep better track of pins I put on the board/table. I physically put them on a board at home, which guarantees that they are actually still in my collection. I make sure that I don't offer any of those 40 pins as a trader. If I want to make offers on other people's pins, I use my left over traders. By having this system I don't have to make hard choices later. I simply have requests from other people for my 40 listed pins and then a list of my offers on their pins.

Last edited: