• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin Collecting is a Team Effort :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pin Collecting is a Team Effort :)

Jabberwocky

Cheshirefied
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
I learned very early on that collecting pins - especially when one is a completist in a theme - is not a solitary hobby. In fact, I think it is impossible to collect pins without help. All the money in the world can't top an extra set of eyes looking out for you or a friend's helpful offer with what's in their trade bag just at that moment when you need it. My collection would not be half of what it is without all of the people in the past decade+ who have helped me.

The latest help came from chubs191, who so very kindly messaged me when one of my signature pins turned up on a Facebook group I don't belong to. I then turned to another friend who belonged to the group to help me get it. Without this team effort, I wouldn't be looking at this pin right now :) and couldn't have crossed it off of my wants list!

Thank you chubs191! Thank you my friend who helped snag the pin for me! Thank you everyone in the pin community over the years who helped other people fulfill their pin dreams.

You cannot do it alone. Pin collecting is a team effort. :)

Last edited:
Congrats on getting one of your most wanted pins! Kudos to chubs191 and your friend. It's so nice to get help from other collectors. :tigger::madhatter:

What wonderful news!!! Chubs191, we'll all be keeping an eye out for your grails. And, as someone who was welcomed into this family many, many years ago by JJ, simply could not agree more that Pin Collecting would be nothing without the team...!

Sarah (Chubs) also helped me to find some of the book pins I was looking for when they came up on the bay for a reasonable price! She's amazing, and I can also endorse that this is certainly a "team" hobby. :)

Way to go Chubs191!

Having absolutely no friends/family who understand this hobby, I can say that sharing the fun and excitement with everyone here is definitely priceless...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

It's stuff like this that makes being here all the better. Sometimes our IRL family and friends don't get it, but the DPF family does and we all get to share in it. :)

I'm just happy to help make some dreams come true! Whenever I see a pin a member is looking for, I try to message them.

I'm glad that your friend got it for you! I tried messaging the seller immediately after messaging you to get it and he said it had already been sold, so I was worried.

Every aspect of this is awesome. Congrats, JJ, on knocking off another pin. Your stamina amazes me, haha. And kudos to Sarah for looking out for fellow collectors!

I'm just happy to help make some dreams come true! Whenever I see a pin a member is looking for, I try to message them.

I'm glad that your friend got it for you! I tried messaging the seller immediately after messaging you to get it and he said it had already been sold, so I was worried.
LOL I messaged my friend FAST and was like HEEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP MEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :D

But again, thank you for the heads up - I never would have seen it and it could've been years before I found one - since I'd been looking for two years already without luck!

Every aspect of this is awesome. Congrats, JJ, on knocking off another pin. Your stamina amazes me, haha. And kudos to Sarah for looking out for fellow collectors!
Thank you! :) There's a reason why my favorite pin is called "Persistence". :D :D :D

Bought my first Wonderland pin in 1999 and no intention of stopping now! :) Especially when I can count on two hands how close I am from completely complete (aside from keeping up with constant new releases). So every pin is major to me, no matter if it's a hidden mickey or LE100!

Hey Jabberwocky. Where'd you find the record pin at? Congrats on knocking that one off. I had been saving that one for you down the road.

Hey Jabberwocky. Where'd you find the record pin at? Congrats on knocking that one off. I had been saving that one for you down the road.
A seller was asking $60ish for it, which was a little bit higher than I'd wanted to pay, but I was happy to cross it off my wants list. The annoying thing is I missed the other dangle cast pin that had also been for sale, although I'm not quite sure I would have paid the slightly higher amount asked for it, but... yeah, who am I kidding? I probably would've bought it. :) When you're so close to complete, it's hard not to give in and splurge a little now and then when you actually find something you need! :) Ah well, the hunt goes on!

A seller was asking $60ish for it, which was a little bit higher than I'd wanted to pay, but I was happy to cross it off my wants list. The annoying thing is I missed the other dangle cast pin that had also been for sale, although I'm not quite sure I would have paid the slightly higher amount asked for it, but... yeah, who am I kidding? I probably would've bought it. :) When you're so close to complete, it's hard not to give in and splurge a little now and then when you actually find something you need! :) Ah well, the hunt goes on!

That's so very exciting and so sad that the cast member parted with their store championship pin as well. If I get this years', I'm never parting with it. Which site did you find it on?

Bumping this thread as it still applies and I have a new thank you to add here! :)

Thanks to timeerkat who found one of my sig pic wanted pins and traded it to me, it is now happily in its loving home in my collection! :) And we also managed an additional trade for another teacup pin I needed while we were at it! :D

Thank you, timeerkat for helping me knock another important one off of my small but frustrating wants list! :D

Congratulations on finding two of your grails and "High Five" to those Pin traders who helped you out. I know that sometimes I am more excited when I find a pin that a friend wants then I am excited over a pin I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back