Pin Event 2020

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by akarih, Aug 10, 2019.

1. akarih

akarih Disappearing Cat Enthusiast

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

So according to DPB the theme for next year's pin event is 20 Years of Pin Trading!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Cheshirefied DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0

Oh joy - calling it now: a chance to buy remakes of all the pins I spent the past 20 years tracking down from previous events. :p I was predicting that would be a “greatest hits” theme.

3. Randakinskywalker

Randakinskywalker Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I can't even imagine how they can make this a theme. Please don't be tacky. Can't we celebrate Walt or something since this community wouldn't exist without him lol?

Hopefully they'll come up with something good, but everyone next to me in line was staring at the screen and saying "okay but what's the theme"? Not sure how they'll pull this off.

watzshakinbacon likes this.
  4. cyke23

cyke23 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0

Probably a ton of characters with the green diamond 20 on everything. Then gold gold gold for WDW’s 50th in 2021.

5. splashmtnman

splashmtnman All Wet and Happy

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Looks like some corporate wall poster.
    To remind employees (and me) how long we have been doing this..
    Great to say my collection is spread out over 20 years the next time someone asks "how many do you have?".

Purplemandms and akarih like this.
  6. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

Since it will be “a walk down memory lane” per Jess, which prior year does everyone feel had the best and worst pins? I didn’t go to most of them but have pins from quite a few. (Remember how most pins didn’t usually sell out and you could get them following days in the park? Sigh.)
    To me, It All Started With Walt was the best. I love just about every pin they released for that one. The other side of the spectrum was The Florida Project. Nothing there I need or like. And I like attractions so had high hopes for that one.

pincrazy likes this.
  7. -em

-em Active Member

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

We started ‘tripping down memory lane’ since one/other/both have been to every event since 2005-

I could see them doing awesome pins or duds and really hope they don’t rerelease exact pins or pins of pins- it’d be cool to have a mystery set of the themes but done with new art so if you KNEW it represented say trade city or pintiquities but still stood on its own as a cute pin.

We could hope they’d bring back what’s been removed from events like included snacks, breakfast event, pin partners trading, shorter lines, kids trading area etc[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  8. figment919

figment919 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    135   0   0

2013 - Reflections of Evil. MANY characters for pics running around and a pretty good pin selection!

9. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    175   0   0

I haven’t been to as many events as one would think. When they started we lived in Washington and didn’t have the funds. My Mom started going in 2005 when they moved down there. But then friends dropped out and so there was a gap nobody went. I seemed to go in the “off” years. I did not get to go the year they had a room with a Jumbo pins but you only had like 30 seconds to choose.

My favorite pins were Museum of Pintiquities in 2009. But a lot people were upset it was in June. My favorite boards were last year, but I don’t like the tabs. Need more boards. My least favorite pins was my first, Pin Trading University

pincrazy likes this.
  10. -em

-em Active Member

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Favorite pins? Good question-

For us it always seems the events that sound the most expensive pin wise are disappointing in the end- I dreaded Circus but ended up with nothing, love is ended up with only a few etc

I’m 90% sure it was the Dreams event that people were selected for different ‘gifts’ some got jumbos, others frames and some got a set of the current mickeys etc it was to unbalanced to be anywhere near fair..

I hated PTU & Bobby pinback

11. Randakinskywalker

Randakinskywalker Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I had the idea this morning that it would be cool for this event to be full of "completers" for past events. Like new characters or scenes to round out the mystery sets from each year, done in the exact same style. For example, Si & Am in the pawprints from this year, more "Love is...". Then individual pins that add onto the theme (obviously). There would be something for everyone and those that loved a particular event would get the joy of finding new pins for it again.

pincrazy likes this.
  12. curiousdinah

curiousdinah Active Member

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Oh no. I was hoping if I planned early I could make next years pin event. But I don't think I'll like the theme. Too many pins with the number 20 or centered on that theme. Or specific to pin trading vs. characters.

13. Jabberwocky

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0

watzshakinbacon likes this.
  14. Cheshirecat26

Cheshirecat26 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    99   0   0

15. GreyWyvern

GreyWyvern Figment Fan Since '84

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

Can hardly believe it's been five years since the Imagination Gala; the only one I attended! :eek:

16. figment919

figment919 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    135   0   0

I would like the theme to be more "Disney related" and not focused on 20 years of pin trading. Maybe they are running out of themes, but they should poll the attendees to get some ideas.

17. blueberriess

blueberriess Member

0   0   0

Exactly what I'm hoping. I wouldn't be interested if it's just a bunch of pins that all say "20th anniversary" :(

akarih likes this.
  18. slbrabham

slbrabham Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0

SkeleCountry and figment919 like this.
  19. akarih

akarih Disappearing Cat Enthusiast

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I really hope it's not just pins with a ton of words and numbers because that would suck..... at least I'd save $$

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

khossler likes this.
  20. Koda Pup

Koda Pup New Member

0   0   0

I get having some "20 Anniversary" pins, but what else can you really do with that theme?

blueberriess likes this.
  21. ItzaPinfan

ItzaPinfan Noob

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0

Anything else having a 20th anniversary next year? Perhaps and attraction or a movie? They could incorporate?

Me hoping because those pictures of the 10th anniversary pins are...thank you, next! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. Koda Pup

Koda Pup New Member

0   0   0

Dinosaur, Fantasia 2000, Emperor's New Groove...are there any rides or attractions that opened in 2000?

23. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    74   0   0

Maybe they'll do the pins that they thought about afterwards? Like "Oh! We should have done X! That would have been nice." I also like @Randakinskywalker's idea of "completer" pins.

24. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    175   0   0

One might be funny. Like a Droste effect. Every 10 years, they redo the same one with its new "layer" added.

I nominate this one, but nobody else would get the hilarity

[​IMG]

I wonder if there are designs for pins that were never made, that they could make now.

But if they just want to re-release stuff, I'm cool with that if they do the Scoop Jumbo.

Jabberwocky likes this.
  25. Jabberwocky

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0

Even sadder than not getting the joke of the dancers pins is... I'd bet a majority of current traders have no clue who Scoop is/was either. :/

Ajk likes this.