• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PIN HAUL Pin Source Haul 6/1/2024

PIN HAUL Pin Source Haul 6/1/2024

Captain Fartbeard

World Showcase Snacking Champion
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I went to the Pin Source Event in Orlando today (luckily I had the day off) and I feel like I got a pretty good haul! I got one of my holy grails, D23 Catnap Figaro as well as a Chandu pin, which might as well be a grial given how hard he was to find. (got a Chandu pin in the arcade and I've been obsessed with collecting him ever since) Most booths didn't even know who he was, let alone have any pins of him. Tokyo DisneySea pins are difficult to find. It was a small booth tucked in the corner where I finally uncovered this particular gem.
image.png

Here is the rest of my haul! My Food-Ds collection grows ever larger with the addition of one of my most desirable remaining ISOs, Marie! I didn't land any recruitment posters, though that wasn't a big ISO here. I was mostly looking for characters and pins I like, and to that end I succeeded! I got 5 Figaro pins, the Chandu, 4 Simba, and a whole bunch more! I'm open to selling some of these to help cover the costs of my traders as they're getting expensive. (Except Catnap, Food-D Marie and Chandu) Some of these are also double-dip pins, pins I traded away then traded back for. I traded Ratigan after finding him in a mystery pack and regretted it, so I got him back lol. Mochi cookie also fits in this category.

I did trade Mulan for the Catnap Figaro, as that was the pin I was looking to trade her for! As it turns out, the other trader was searching for Flowers Mulan as well, and we even hugged in celebration of finding our grails! It was a very sweet moment and I'm really happy how it all worked out. There were very few Catnaps at that event, so I was glad to get one of them.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Something cool that also happened was a booth was set up where they analyzed suspect pins under a microscope to see if they were fake or not. I got a much better idea of which of my sussy pins were authentic and which were more emotional keepsakes. (I've got maybe 8-10 scrappers in my collection) Another thing that was really cool was seeing most of the pins I'd traded for in the arcade in person for the first time. Some of them did not look like the pins in the picture, mostly due to a]the size difference lol. Some of them looked even better than expected, and I'm even more excited for the pins to get here!

All in all, a pretty great day!

I went to the Pin Source Event in Orlando today (luckily I had the day off) and I feel like I got a pretty good haul! I got one of my holy grails, D23 Catnap Figaro as well as a Chandu pin, which might as well be a grial given how hard he was to find. (got a Chandu pin in the arcade and I've been obsessed with collecting him ever since) Most booths didn't even know who he was, let alone have any pins of him. Tokyo DisneySea pins are difficult to find. It was a small booth tucked in the corner where I finally uncovered this particular gem.
image.png

Here is the rest of my haul! My Food-Ds collection grows ever larger with the addition of one of my most desirable remaining ISOs, Marie! I didn't land any recruitment posters, though that wasn't a big ISO here. I was mostly looking for characters and pins I like, and to that end I succeeded! I got 5 Figaro pins, the Chandu, 4 Simba, and a whole bunch more! I'm open to selling some of these to help cover the costs of my traders as they're getting expensive. (Except Catnap, Food-D Marie and Chandu) Some of these are also double-dip pins, pins I traded away then traded back for. I traded Ratigan after finding him in a mystery pack and regretted it, so I got him back lol. Mochi cookie also fits in this category.

I did trade Mulan for the Catnap Figaro, as that was the pin I was looking to trade her for! As it turns out, the other trader was searching for Flowers Mulan as well, and we even hugged in celebration of finding our grails! It was a very sweet moment and I'm really happy how it all worked out. There were very few Catnaps at that event, so I was glad to get one of them.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Something cool that also happened was a booth was set up where they analyzed suspect pins under a microscope to see if they were fake or not. I got a much better idea of which of my sussy pins were authentic and which were more emotional keepsakes. (I've got maybe 8-10 scrappers in my collection) Another thing that was really cool was seeing most of the pins I'd traded for in the arcade in person for the first time. Some of them did not look like the pins in the picture, mostly due to a]the size difference lol. Some of them looked even better than expected, and I'm even more excited for the pins to get here!

All in all, a pretty great day!
I was there from 1100-1400 today and did pretty good. Wish we could have met. Here's what I was able to get today.

I was there from 1100-1400 today and did pretty good. Wish we could have met. Here's what I was able to get today.

I left around noon-ish, so we were probably there at the same time! I traded away a stitch leprechaun pin so maybe we could have worked something out. There's always next event though!

Back