• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

pin trading at Disneyland and DCA

Status
Not open for further replies.
pin trading at Disneyland and DCA

docfish2u

Sir David, Grail Slayer Knight
Rating - 100%
735   0   0
Hi Everybody,

I know it has been a while. We are coming down to Disneyland next month and want to know if and where pin trading is done in the parks on Sundays now.

Thank you for any help.

The main Sunday area is now probably the picnic area outside the parks, near where the Mickey and Friends tram lets off.

The inside-the-park area in DLR is basically wherever people can find space on benches or fences in Frontier Land right outside of the Westward Ho pin shop.

The inside-the-park area of DCA was the back area near Goofy's Sky School, but with Pixar Fest activities happening there I'm guessing that pin traders taking up lots of tables isn't going to be allowed in that area.

A lot of people have also gone back to the tables at Rancho Del Zocalo inside Disneyland about after dinner time. They move from the picnic tables

The main Sunday area is now probably the picnic area outside the parks, near where the Mickey and Friends tram lets off.

The inside-the-park area in DLR is basically wherever people can find space on benches or fences in Frontier Land right outside of the Westward Ho pin shop.

The inside-the-park area of DCA was the back area near Goofy's Sky School, but with Pixar Fest activities happening there I'm guessing that pin traders taking up lots of tables isn't going to be allowed in that area.
From what I heard this past Sunday we can use the Goofy's Sky School area to trade until 11:30am then they ask them to leave if they haven't left on their own

Where’s the picnic area? I’m planning to go to downtown Disney tomorrow (Thursday) in hopes of trading, since I can’t go into the park until 6:00 pm

Where’s the picnic area? I’m planning to go to downtown Disney tomorrow (Thursday) in hopes of trading, since I can’t go into the park until 6:00 pm

Circled in yellow!
56c2033a2aedb8546460006cdca86d34.jpg

Unfortunately, I don’t live near SoCal, so today is it for me. BUT, I did meet one trader in the picnic area and not only traded for my very first heroine profile (WHAT!?!), but I made a new pin friend. I may not have traded much, but it was a great day!

How wonderful! If you're going to make one trade, that's definitely the one to make. :cool:

Unfortunately, I don’t live near SoCal, so today is it for me. BUT, I did meet one trader in the picnic area and not only traded for my very first heroine profile (WHAT!?!), but I made a new pin friend. I may not have traded much, but it was a great day!
Congrats! I'm glad you had fun! :D

It's been a few months since I was last there, but every once in a while I'll take a Saturday, bring my pin bags and cart (yes, I use a cart) them over to the seating area across from Jungle Cruise, and set up on a table there facing the concourse.

Never had a problem with any CMs there, but me only taking one table is a far cry from a bunch of traders taking up many.

We don’t live near the Parks anymore but every time we go on vacation to visit family we always go to Disneyland and try to trade in Frontierland in front of the Westward Ho Trading Company.

The last time we went in mid May we got this LE 300 Grand Opening Shanghai pin from a set. Truth be told we didn’t want the whole set just this pin so we were really glad to be able to trade for it.

e0653f6d6f0ae94ea84fcd7a86e0439d.jpg

51b5d0a1160393099ebe23e716cbefd2.jpg

We also try to trade in front of Store Command in Tomorrowland. Not sure if they still have tables to trade at outside the store, but they did once upon a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back