• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DLR Pin Trading at DLR

DLR Pin Trading at DLR

NCDragon

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Greetings! My DW and I are heading out to DLR inna couple of weeks. Quick question: How is the pin trading out on the West Coast? TIA!

Cast member lanyards and hip packs are hit and miss but just keep your eyes open and you'll spot them. Boards at a lot of stores - you can always ask cast where other boards are for trading. Mostly scrappers, as always, but some treasures can still be found with luck.

Trading with other guests happens from rope drop to 3pm at the tables in Frontierland. Note: do not try to sit at the benches and trade - cast will chase you away - just stay at or near the tables. Weekends are generally busiest times there. But I've often stopped and been stopped to trade with other guests when I pull my trade bag out to trade off lanyards or boards all around DLR.

You can also check the picnic area on Sundays but with blockouts and events happening offsite, there aren't many people there these days.

I don't think I've ever met you I think I might have seen you it mightve been from a distance. The cast members are really annoying booting us

Sent from my motorola edge (2022) using Tapatalk

I don't think I've ever met you I think I might have seen you it mightve been from a distance. The cast members are really annoying booting us

Sent from my motorola edge (2022) using Tapatalk
I don't blame the CM's - I blame management decisions that we can't even trade until 4pm? I get that they didn't like people bringing lights or spreading out so much. But it's contained now. Just give us at least another hour. 3pm cutoff is annoying.

And I'm around regularly, usually just wandering looking for Wonderland or Marvel pins. But I'm scaling down my Marvel collection to focus it in, so a lot are in my trade bag now.

We went around D23 and had some great interactions between cast members and tried our luck table trading. Lots of good pins but I do agree that some days will be more successful than others. Try to stay positive while you’re there though.