Pin Trading Database NEEDS your HELP uploading pins/pictures!

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by starry_solo, Nov 19, 2017.

1. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

So close! Woo who!

splashmtnman and starry_solo like this.
  2. rik1138

rik1138 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0

Ahh, was just about to start adding the pins from the Loveliest event to get us over 30,000...
    But it's already done! Yay... :)

I've been slowly working through the history of DSF pins from the flyers that I have from about 2010. It'll be nice to have most of those in the database. :)

starry_solo likes this.
  3. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

Thanks! I hope you got my message on PTDB :D

And yes, I added all 22 pins in there. I'm fixing the titles, I just wanted them close together so I labeled them pin #1 through 22.

4. rik1138

rik1138 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0

Just logged in and saw it...
    I only do that (putting DSF and DSSH in the title of a pin) as a lot of people still refer to the pins as 'DSF pins', so I put them both so if they search for either DSSH or DSF it will show up.

I was actually going to suggest another search modification about that- have the full text of the Origin field be included in search results.
    Right now, if someone is still used to using 'DSF' and searches for DSF Lovely Duos, it returns zero results...
    Not sure how many people might still be using 'DSF', but it works the other way too, if someone is used to searching 'DSSH', and searches for something that's from back when it was DSF, it will return zero results unless 'DSSH' is added to the title or description...

I don't think it's a problem that has come up before as Disney doesn't usually change the name of their parks/stores, so I'm just trying to include enough to cover every possible search someone might try. (Fortunately 'GSF' never really caught on... :) ) Maybe a line at the end of the pin description that says 'DSSH was previously DSF' or something so it still gets the search results, without the dual tag in the title itself...

5. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

OK, I'll see if I can figure something out to put. I thought the origin that said DSF/GSF/DSSH was good enough..

6. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

I started adding Mondo pins. I have about 20-30 more to add, I think, which I will do tomorrow.

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  7. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

8. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

41 pins added today (Mondo mainly, one box lunch)...

Once I get more details about the new pins from Kraken (and other select retailers), I will add them

9. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

30,100 pins in the database....how much longer til we get to 31,000?!

KJackson1195 likes this.
  10. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

Anyone have in person pictures of Wave C of the hidden Mickeys from WDW?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

11. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

I have some.

starry_solo likes this.
  12. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

I say we can get there by end of Feb.

starry_solo likes this.
  13. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

I posted this on Facebook, but thought I would post it here too:

So, people have been adding pins to the database and some have been deleted. We get inquiries about it, so we wanted to put this post up to explain the process behind the deletion of entries. Our pin team has been busy adding pins, deleting pins, correcting pin entries, etc. This is a general response to various inquiries.

Q1: Why is my Disney pin being deleted?
    A1: There could be many reasons why a pin is being deleted. It could be a duplicate entry of a pin that is already in the database. Yes, we have found that instead of people adding the already-created pin into their owns/trades/wants categories, they create the pin again and add it that way. When we notice this, we will merge the duplicate entries and, typically, the pin number that is the lowest of the two (or three or four!) will be the one that is kept.

Another reason is that the pin is a highly scrapped pin and the picture that you are using is of the scrapped pin (example is the Shanghai Grand Opening LE300 set)....

Q2: Why is my FANTASY pin being deleted?
    A2: It is for a pin that is not in existence (is not even in production), advertises a kickstarter campaign, or advertises a specific user's shop. We do not allow our website to be used to advertise other's shops. If the person who is entering the pin purchased the pin from a shop or individual (that is the creator of the pin), their information (name) can be mentioned as the creator of the pin, but no links to any types of shops or outside sources can be referenced in the description.

It could also be a FANTASY pin that is mash-up of a Disney property and a non-Disney property. If that is the case, it is not allowed. Mash-ups of FANTASY pins are allowed when it is entirely Disney.

It could also be that there is no information about the FANTASY pin. Admin and moderators do not have time to research the provenance of any specific FANTASY pins. With Disney pins, it is easier to figure out when the pin was released, but not for FANTASY pins.

It could also be because that specific series of FANTASY pins are scrapped. Again, admin/moderators do not have time to figure out which is the "real" FANTASY pin and which is the "fake."

FANTASY must be the first name of title of the pin and it must be in all capital letters. For example: FANTASY - Sally Seasons.

Q3: Why is my picture not being used?
    A3: Again, there could be many reasons why your picture is not being used. The quality of the picture is the primary reason.

Pins should be taken in the natural light, against a plain black or white background. No hands, feet, arms, or other appendages or designs should be in the background.

That is it for now.....we will be back to answer other questions.

14. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

There is momentum!

Not even halfway through the month and at 30600.

Perhaps (with continued teamwork)... possible to get to 32000 (quality) listings this month? I am going to do what I can!

starry_solo likes this.
  15. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

I hope so! I have about 50 or so duplicate pins to cull through :D

16. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

I hope none are mine... I do try to double and triple check before I add a pin.

17. SplashMtRider23

SplashMtRider23 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Hi @starry_solo I added a few photos to some pins yesterday. I also added one pin, Music to my Ears one. Let me know if its correct, then I can add more I have that I don't see on there. Also do you need photos of the back of the pins?

Hoping I can help out a little, thanks!

18. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

As a FYI, we have suspended adding all FANTASY pins into the database while @ryanfury and I come up with guidelines about these pins.

Please do not add any FANTASY pins! :D

19. rik1138

rik1138 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0

20. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

I haven't gotten through the duplicates yet...

21. splashmtnman

splashmtnman All Wet and Sad

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

One month.....+900 pins added (impressive)

Adding pin pictures (easy) to the database by computer download gives you a photo record of your collection.

Are you still waiting for Pinpics???

22. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

Nope

23. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

I have been working with @Carpentrygod to add some pictures to older created posts with no pictures and new pin listings also. Thanks for the contributions carpentrygod!

Go Teamwork!

bookhugger likes this.
  24. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

Shout out to @Fins4pins also... for the pictures for the CL mystery pins.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  25. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

If anyone has the Tiny Kingdom pins (both series, both parks). We need actual photos.
    DLR Series 1 has been added.

starry_solo likes this.