Pin Trading Database NEEDS your HELP uploading pins/pictures!

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by starry_solo, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Mcgilligan

Mcgilligan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I just noticed that the database has over 35,000 pins.

2. bingandnelsonfan

bingandnelsonfan Baby Yoda Crazy!

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

It was eight pins away from it this morning, and I had nine pins that I'd been meaning to put on for the last few days . . . so, I did it to get to the big number before the end of the month!!

3. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

Go team! :D

bingandnelsonfan likes this.
  4. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

5. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

Ok, let's aim for 36,000 by the end of October!

For this Tiny Kingdom series 3 from Disneyland, are there any actual duplicates with the WDW ones? Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain appear to be the same, but since I don't own either, I wasn't sure.

[​IMG]

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  6. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

I will check for you.

7. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

Just added the snowmen/women mystery set. Making headway to 36,000 by end of October!

starry_solo likes this.
  8. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

@starry_solo could you fix the name of this pin:
    14325 - Donald Garden Gnome

I am attempting to create the 4 pin set (I just entered listings for the other 3) and I named them:
    WDW - Spotlight - Mickey Mouse Garden Gnome

Also could you change the release date for Donald to 31May2008? (so all of the pins appear togther?)

Thanks in advance!

9. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

Done!

10. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

Was looking at pin #187 and noted:
    1) it could use more searchable wording (I placed a comment on the pin with suggestions.)
    2) there is a back of a pin picture of a DSSH/DSF pin... looks like a PTD of baby Mickey Mouse next to a large sunday. Since the pin listing is a May the 4th SWs pin... obviously not a PTD.

@starry_solo If you have any time to please, at least remove the photo of the wrong pin backside... that would be great. :) (and understand if you are too busy and thank you in advance if you find a moment.)

starry_solo likes this.
  11. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

And kudos to all who are contributing to PTDB. I think we made a good run at getting to 36,000 by Oct. 31. (Didn't make it, but a great effort!)

Saying let's do... November 30 a goal of 36,500 pins in PTDB. We can do it! Rah Rah Rah :)

watzshakinbacon and starry_solo like this.
  12. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

Fixed pin #187 @TheMickeyMouseRules . The PTD back looks like it was either Baby Mickey or Minnie?

I could use help identifying all the pins in Tiny Kingdom Series 4. I added them to the database as unopened box and pins #1-24. I have to go back and change the release size as OE rather than LR (same with Series 3).

L-R, T-B

Row 1: IASW (clock), Enchanted Tiki Room (?), Splash Mountain
    Row 2: Dumbo, Astro Orbiter, Partners Statue
    Row 3: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (?). Aladdin Carpet (?), Fantasyland Trash Can (?), The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
    Row 4: Dog from POTC, Haunted Mansion Tombstones (?), Halloween, People Mover (?) <--it's been so long since we had People Mover at DLR
    Row 5: Is that Main Street Cinema? Is there one at WDW? Horse Drawn Trolley, Liberty Square Steamboat (?), Boo to You?
    Row 6: Donald Duck as an Astronaut? from where? Mickey Ear Hat, Mickey Mouse in a crystal ball? From where
    Row 7: Turkey Leg, Brer Rabbit (from Splash Mountain), and the Headless Horseman (so MNSSHP?)

[​IMG]

13. momin.ator

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

I am hoping to get a larger photo so I will look at it and crop it for you.

14. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    186   0   0

Hi. Just a little cleanup nitpick, I was adding the Disneyland 65th pins Connies_Hobby picked up for me, and noticed that the wording for the Dumbo pin was a touch different than the rest in the series. It is missing the words Disneyland® Park like the rest of the series. The Dumbo pin 36027.

I mention it because I searched for Disneyland 65th and it didn't come up.

In regards to your questions about Tiny Kingdom Series 4. Aladdin Carpet, the attraction name is "The Magic Carpets of Aladdin." The Riverboat is called the "Liberty Belle." There is a Main Street Cinema, but the inside has been converted to a shop. I think the "crystal ball Mickey" is actually Dracula Mickey in front of the Moon. I think they are going with a general astronaut theme for Donald, but he's not represented anywhere, I don't think. The other question marks, are correct.

15. brattyjedi

brattyjedi Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

16. cyke23

cyke23 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

@starry_solo Do you want to know if there are duplicates? Example: 37094 and 37455. Or are they different because one's presumably from WDW and the other from shopDisney?

17. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

Yes I would like to know if there are duplicates. If it's the same park pin, that would be good to know. We can just add the origin/description from Shop Disney into it. Some people have been adding the same pin, it's so weird, like they don't even search to see that we have it. Or if they do, they duplicate the pin for some unknown reason.

I will usually check to see if there is an existing pin, but it looks like the Shop Disney description did not state that this was released at Disney Parks. So, let me go look into this one further.

18. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

Agree, the duplicates are definitely problematic...

I am sure there a lots of reasons for the duplication, but I have added two duplicates recently... and it was 100% because what I thought would be the best/most logical search terms did not come up with either pin. I usually try multiple ways to slice the search and when after 3-4 attempts the pin does not come up, I will add the pin. The only way I found the original listings was when I added my pins (with their date) I finally saw the original listing (since the date of release linked them). I then went back and changed both of my duplicate listings to something different (since I have plenty of other pins to add.)

Thus my lesson learned... try to add a good amount of the most logical search terms in the pin description.

19. cyke23

cyke23 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

@starry_solo

duplicates
    10776 vs 35587
    8332 vs 35349
    30528 vs 34817

20. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

OK, I added most of the new Star Wars Celebration 2020 pins. I still need to add the mystery collection and the pin with the lanyard, and the jumbo, but the others are in there, including that framed SHAG set.

I also need updated photos of some of the new releases. Some pin trader (who has disabled private messaging) added them as a picture from the store racks. Like he/she got it from DPB or somewhere else. UGH....

NOTE: If you disable private messaging on PTDB and I try to message you (and find out) due to some issue with added pins, it's an automatic ban....that's the only way I can get people to re-enable PM'ing and let them know.

21. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

Just checked and my messaging appears to be turned on. Whew! No ban here. :)

Does their email show? Could you email them?

22. momin.ator

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

I didn't know you could turn them off. :)

23. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

Probably, but that would require me to reveal my email address to them...

Me neither....

24. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

[​IMG]

OK, I know these are gingerbread houses from the years of Haunted Mansion holiday...could someone tell me which year is which?

25. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

Probably not practical... but you could set up a 'junk' email address... I have one.