Pin Trading Database NEEDS your HELP uploading pins/pictures!

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by starry_solo, Nov 19, 2017.

1. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

I added the new pins from Shop Disney (Avengers Endgame that came out on Friday) to the database. I will go add the DEC Star Wars ones too

2. jadeites-lady

jadeites-lady Bookworm Belle

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

sis would like me to remind contributors to PTDB to please try to take photographs against a plain white or black background, no textures or anything like that.

starry_solo and bookhugger like this.
  3. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

Yes please! And if you can take two pictures, one against a white and one against a black background, that would be awesome too. I have noticed that the colors turn out differently when against a light colored background vs a dark colored background

4. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    102   0   0

Fyi: pin '26416 - Box Lunch - Disney Princess Bows - Elsa'
    Is actually merida (not Elsa)… not an expert, but pretty sure.

Edit: @starry_solo (Sorry for the short/quick note, but was on the move and wanted to get this note up before I forgot.)

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    bookhugger likes this.
  5. Randakinskywalker

Randakinskywalker Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Reviving a bit of an older thread for a question-- so are fantasy pins officially okay on PTDB as long as they're marked as such? Or is that a grey area? I have a few beautiful ones in my collection I would love to add and I feel the pin world is severely lacking in a database for collecting fantasy pins, but I wanted to make sure it was okay to upload them. Do we make sure to state the creator if we know it?

6. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

So...we have a spot to mark fantasy pins and it should also be noted in the title as such.

The title should read:

FANTASY - name of pin (fantasy must be in all capital letters and be the first word in the title)....this is consistent with the origin of the non-fantasy pins which are labeled DS, DSSH/DSF, DLR/WDW, etc.

Within the description, it should also note fantasy.
    And the box to check off "fantasy" should be marked.

The price should be the original price the fantasy pin maker sold the pin for, the date of release should be the date the pin shipped out (not the pre-sale) and within the description, the pre-sale date should be noted.

If you know the fantasy pin maker, it can be noted within the description as well, including what form of social media the fantasy pin maker can be found on.

A clear picture of the pin, front and back, should be provided. The pin should be on a white or black background that doesn't have any texture in the background (no bedsheets, no fingers/hands, nothing should be visible in the picture other than the pin itself). The picture should be shot from a distance so as to provide sufficient room for the thumbnail to be the entire pin as well

We have deleted fantasy pin listings when the person does not provide sufficient detail as I do not have enough time in the day to fix descriptions for fantasy pins when I have to fix descriptions for authentic pins a lot.

7. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

So, on another note, PTDB needs clear pictures of all the pins released at D23 2019 last week, other than the Dark Tales.

So from DSSH:
    Beloved Tales
    Marquees
    Organs
    Heroines Fight Back
    Large Anniversary Pin

WDI/MOG:
    Heroines and Sidekicks
    Villains and Sidekicks
    Haunted Mansion 50th Anniversary (all except jumbos), including mystery puzzle
    Cat Naps
    Anniversary Keys
    Anniversary pins (Lion King, Attractions, etc.)

DS:
    TLM 30th Anniversary Set
    Marvel
    whatever else came out (already have the animator dolls and masquerade set)

PIXAR:
    Approved stamps
    UP

Any other pins that came out....

A clear picture of the pin, front and back, should be provided. The pin should be on a white or black background that doesn't have any texture in the background (no bedsheets, no fingers/hands, nothing should be visible in the picture other than the pin itself). The picture should be shot from a distance so as to provide sufficient room for the thumbnail to be the entire pin as well

Connies_Hobby likes this.
  8. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

As a reminder, @GreyWyvern created a Chrome extension for use with PTDB. Information about it is here:
    Pin Trading DB Enhancement Chrome add-on

But suffice it to say, you can add owns, wants, trades on the thumbnail directly, rather than going into the pin listing itself! :D

Randakinskywalker and Ajk like this.
  9. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0

bumping this up because we still need help!

if 10 people input 10 pins per day, we will have 3000 pins in the database in a month!

Connies_Hobby likes this.
  10. starry_solo

Rating - 100%
    527   0   0