• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin Trading/Selling/Buying on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pin Trading/Selling/Buying on Facebook

mm5678

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

I've seen that a lot of people like to trade/buy on Facebook Disney Pin groups. It's something I've never done before, but was wondering if people have had good experiences with it?
Also, I'm not sure where I can ask this, but are there some groups that are popular among traders or that you recommend that I could maybe try?

Thanks

There are several, with the biggest one I know of being Disney Pin Trading. All of my FB interactions have been pretty pleasant. c:

I've Never had a bad experience on Facebook with buying pins (knock on wood). Make sure you always do Goods/services, though. There are good traders out there too! .

Ok, thanks for the input! I have read in quite a bit of places that it was always better to do goods/services over friends/family. Is there a reason for this? Does it have to do with having proof of purchase + shipping? (Sorry for asking, I don't know my stuff very well )
I've Never had a bad experience on Facebook with buying pins (knock on wood). Make sure you always do Goods/services, though. There are good traders out there too! .

Yes you are protected if you don't receive the pins.

If you pay as goods/services, you have certain protections as a buyer if things go wrong. You have up to 90 days to file a claim and get your money back. Paying as friends/family has no such protection. I have heard that some people are able to get their money back by contacting paypal for the first time something goes wrong, but don't count on it.

That's what I thought, thanks for the info!

I have purchased pins on both Facebook and Instagram... but I personally prefer buying pins from people here on the forum. People tend to be more serious/knowledgable about their pins here, and feedback is conveniently right on everyone's profile. I've found that lot of people on Facebook and Instagram are more casual about the hobby, or are in it for the money as opposed to the fun.

No matter where you buy, I second what everyone says about paying as goods. (Otherwise, if you don't get your pins, there's nothing you can do about it!)

There is one Facebook group I like, called "Black friday disney pin sales!!!" It is only open once in a while, usually for a few days at a time... but I've gotten some GREAT deals. (They actually have a rule that you cannot post any pins unless they are lower than eBay prices.) Also, the moderators are very friendly and fun.

I have had good luck buying pins off of Facebook. As everyone else said, buy as "Goods." I am reluctant to trade due to a really bad experience about two years ago. I prefer to trade/buy/sell here.

Majority of my purchases have been on facebook, purely because it's a bit of a quicker method than here. With notifications to your phone and the like, can often get a deal asked, set and paid in a matter of minutes. Always goods tho!

I've bought from Facebook Groups before and never really had a problem. The only problem I've had is customs charge which is REALLY annoying -_-.

I'm not in any Facebook groups, I did make a Facebook account recently to follow DSF so I can get notifications on my phone. I mostly rely on members of DPF to inform me of LK pins lol.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.