• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

QUESTION Pin Value Question LE High School Musical 2 Premier Pin

QUESTION Pin Value Question LE High School Musical 2 Premier Pin

jerrydogger10

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I recently found my pin collection from 2000-2010s when I was growing up and had disney passes. I'm selling my collection on ebay and I've been using recently sold items to establish pricing but this High School Musical 2 Premier Pin 2007 doesn't have any recent sold. Pin pics Number: PP56389
I found one listing on Ebay for $270 new with the packaging, one on poshmark for $250, one on Mercari for $157 and $280. How do you figure out what to list this pin as? Any insights you all can give?

I see the picture. And you are looking at recently sold prices... perfect.

LE 2000? LE 2000 is not really that rare. That said, sometimes large edition sizes or even OE become highly sought after.

Another factor: live action movie pins... usually live action pins are not highly sought after.

This is also a sequel... in general sequel are typically less popular and so are the pins.

The pin has a date on the front... also another factor that can bring down pin value.

All the above said... I am not familiar with pin values on High School Musical. So the above are general thoughts.

I didn't find any sold eBay listings either. But found two active listings:

The fact that these high priced listings are not sold probably means they are over priced (I think... very over priced - but this is a biased opinion from someone who doesn't care much for putting dollar values on pins.) Perhaps, you price your pin at $50 and someone might think it is a deal (ie, these other two listings make a $50 pin look great.) And you get it sold. My rough initial thought tho... this pin is worth about $15.

That is my bias thought process for this pin. For whatever it is worth... Good luck!

I see the picture. And you are looking at recently sold prices... perfect.

LE 2000? LE 2000 is not really that rare. That said, sometimes large edition sizes or even OE become highly sought after.

Another factor: live action movie pins... usually live action pins are not highly sought after.

This is also a sequel... in general sequel are typically less popular and so are the pins.

The pin has a date on the front... also another factor that can bring down pin value.

All the above said... I am not familiar with pin values on High School Musical. So the above are general thoughts.

I didn't find any sold eBay listings either. But found two active listings:

The fact that these high priced listings are not sold probably means they are over priced (I think... very over priced - but this is a biased opinion from someone who doesn't care much for putting dollar values on pins.) Perhaps, you price your pin at $50 and someone might think it is a deal (ie, these other two listings make a $50 pin look great.) And you get it sold. My rough initial thought tho... this pin is worth about $15.

That is my bias thought process for this pin. For whatever it is worth... Good luck!
Thanks. The $150 listing is mine. $270 seemed so unreasonable and the only other listings I could find is $200+ so I just put it at $150 for now.

Ah... got it. The $150 looks like a sale compared to $270, but thinking $150 is significant money for the causal collector.
Yeah I totally understand. I guess I'm gonna try and set the sale history then. Maybe I'll keep it at $150 for now and lower it as it goes if it doesn't sell. I've been accepting offers too on my pins on ebay and poshmark. I found all my old pins from when I was little growing up and had an annual pass and I figured I could sell them and make some money to put towards grad school. They're not really worth too much to me sentimentally anymore so hopefully they end up with people who will enjoy them.

Disney Channel sequel pin? Yeah, $12-$15 sounds about right. You might find someone looking back fondly on it who might pay $20.

The pictures showed up for me just now. So weird, I'm on the same computer as earlier today when they didn't show up.
Congrats on your sale.

Back