• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pinpics emails... an observation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pinpics emails... an observation

TheMickeyMouseRules

Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder
Staff member
DPF Super Moderator
Rating - 100%
232   0   0
Yesterday, another trader (@justharry... thank you by the way) pointed out to me that my email address was no longer showing in my pinpics messages. Thus, I went into "edit profile" to see what was up. Sure enough my email address was no longer listed (no idea what happened to it and why it was no longer attached to my account). So I added my email back to my profile.

Low and behold!
As of earlier today, those very distracting pinpics emails are now appearing in my email inbox again (haven't seen a pinpics email in my inbox for probably over 5 months.)

So as a suggestion... check to see if your email is still listed in your profile. If it is not... add it back. Perhaps this will fix your pinpics email issue too (if you are having one)...
Just wanted to share... :cheshire:

Check your lists of trades, wants and owns too, every now and then I notice pins have dropped off my lists. (Frustrating when you have pins to trade and they stop showing as such.)

I just recently went in and noticed over 30 trade requests. That was a shock! I hadn't been logging on with the database being down and of course haven't been receiving emails. My email address is still on my profile though. I just now checked.

Some of the requests were 3 or 4 from the same person in the same week for the same pin. Does that mean the system is glitching or they're just over-eager? It was for just an OE to boot. Frankly my inclination is to ignore that one completely in case they're that aggressive in correspondence as well.

@cadien I know as a noob I mistakenly sent double requests to a couple people (okay truth, like 5 people), but I was learning how to check the sent and was getting confused when I realized it was the system loading at sloth DMV speeds which is why my sents weren’t coming up.

@cadien I know as a noob I mistakenly sent double requests to a couple people (okay truth, like 5 people), but I was learning how to check the sent and was getting confused when I realized it was the system loading at sloth DMV speeds which is why my sents weren’t coming up.

Two I definitely expect to be a glitch in the system. But three with at least a day between each one makes me a little more uneasy. And mostly just because I've dealt with people who got really confrontational when you weren't interested in their trade and I hate being put in that position, even online.

Don't forget that the system is not sending multiple trade requests right now. You have to go back and
send to each member separately.

It is when you add many different traders to the list and then hit send. Even if you select them all, only
one is sending.

Well I'm still not receiving email notifications of trade requests, but I replied to a few requests yesterday and did receive email notification of their subsequent responses. So that's something.

Don't forget that the system is not sending multiple trade requests right now. You have to go back and
send to each member separately.

If we check our "Sent" box and we see that a request has gone through, does that mean the person on the receiving end actually got the request?

Also curious when did this start happening? I may have to go back and see if any of my requests got through to the people I wanted to connect with.

If we check our "Sent" box and we see that a request has gone through, does that mean the person on the receiving end actually got the request?

Also curious when did this start happening? I may have to go back and see if any of my requests got through to the people I wanted to connect with.

I don't remember exactly when, but I think it was after PinPics was down and they
brought it back up.

Anyone know how to get ahold of Pinpics Admins?

Selected forgot my password Friday, 'you will receive an email with a new password', Saturday still no email. I've tried several times, can't get into my account. Early Yesterday submitted my issue via their ‘Contact Us’ page/form, still nothing. I have pending trades, and am low key freaking out as I can’t communicate with my trading partners and have been locked out of my account since Thursday night...

Anyone know how to get ahold of Pinpics Admins?

Selected forgot my password Friday, 'you will receive an email with a new password', Saturday still no email. I've tried several times, can't get into my account. Early Yesterday submitted my issue via their ‘Contact Us’ page/form, still nothing. I have pending trades, and am low key freaking out as I can’t communicate with my trading partners and have been locked out of my account since Thursday night...
Have you tried contacting the pinpics ambassador in the Pinpics forum? Sometimes the pinpics ambassador will post in DPF... But you will have much better luck posting in a pinpics forum thread directly. There is a pinpics forum thread just for the ambassador, so I would give posting your message there a try.

The pinpics forum is now 100% affiliated with Tapatalk, so if you have Tapatalk you should be able to access it in the Tapatalk app. The link on the pinpics.com website no longer works for me...

Edit: Name in Tapatalk is "Pin Pics Forum"

Have you tried contacting the pinpics ambassador in the Pinpics forum? Sometimes the pinpics ambassador will post in DPF... But you will have much better luck posting in a pinpics forum thread directly. There is a pinpics forum thread just for the ambassador, so I would give posting your message there a try.

The pinpics forum is now 100% affiliated with Tapatalk, so if you have Tapatalk you should be able to access it in the Tapatalk app. The link on the pinpics.com website no longer works for me...

Edit: Name in Tapatalk is "Pin Pics Forum"

Thanks so much...downloaded the app and on it now..and I think I found an admin...pMd them..I’ll try a fB message too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back