Pinpics Facebook Pins

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by TheMickeyMouseRules, Oct 20, 2020.

1. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

Interesting addition to Pinpics this week.
    Seems Pinpics is coming out with Disney 'like' pins and adding them to Pinpics? Am I understanding this?

[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Pecosace likes this.
  2. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins It'saSmallSnowWonderElla

Rating - 100%
    108   0   0

Cue Fonzie to dig out his water skis!!!!!

3. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    144   0   0

I guess it’s weird but not too surprising? Pinpics does include options for the makers like Disney, WB, etc. people have also uploaded fantasy pins there with the tag that it is fantasy. I guess the weird thing is the “Pinpics Facebook” lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. figment919

figment919 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    147   0   0

Panopolis is the "city" that that was tied to that stupid on-line virtual pin game PinPics tried to do a few years ago. Bao Bay or something like that. GOOGLE Panopolis and you get some of the background.

It will be a year in November that PinPics owners said the "new database" is coming out, what a bunch of B.S.!

SO, lets get pics of OUR own designed pins up in the PinPics database, but forget about any Disney releases for MONTHS at a time, if at all.

5. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

Yep.

Tried Pinopolis once... found it boring and the antithesis of pin trading for me. I assume Pinopolis is somehow related to Panopolis?

6. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

So... this made me laugh... out loud.

But I must admit, the reference went over my simpleton head.

7. Abyssinian28

Abyssinian28 DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0

Google "jumping the shark"- it'll get you the answers you need. :)

8. Ajk

Ajk Let's party like its 2019.

Rating - 100%
    124   0   0

I feel old.

TinyTink, Story, bcol and 3 others like this.
  9. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

Ah, I see now. I was thinking along those lines, but was not familiar with the reference.

And to pile onto myself... I don't understand Memes either... sigh... my daughter is so disappointed when I do not laugh at them and stare at her blankly.

I feel old from multiple directions.

10. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

Well, according to their FB page, they should be debuting the new database soon and there are lots of giveaways of pins.

I'm surprised they didn't call the pin the Scarlet Pumpkinickel. Or maybe they couldn't because that's WB?

11. figment919

figment919 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    147   0   0

PinPics now is listing quickly the "PinPics Facebook" (non-Disney) designed pins on the web site. The last Disney related posting were the Loungefly Pixar bows from August.

The end is near IMHO.

12. pinnochiolover

pinnochiolover UK Collector/Trader

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

You don't mince your words!..... I would just like the pins to appear, that I spent ages photographing on a white background and uploading to the site. I wanted to trade some of them, but gave up and sold them instead.

figment919 likes this.
  13. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    532   0   0

If you still have your pictures, please create listings on PTDB! :D

Connies_Hobby and TiggerSue like this.
  14. pinnochiolover

pinnochiolover UK Collector/Trader

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

o_O

15. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

pintradingdb.com

If you have nice pictures of the pins we would love them to be added to pintradingdb.com. Pictures may be added to current listings by anyone or if your pins are not listed yet, add your own and upload your picture(s) to it. The listing (if created by you) is then editable by you and you control the pin's info for the database (along with moderators of the platform of course.)

I won't dog Pinpics (just so sad), but using a practical attitude... we need a pin database that works for the community and this is where I want to spend my 'pin' time. Where I feel productive and helpful. Pintradingdb.com is getting more and more pins and users each day. Its taking time, but with over 35,000 pins listed (and many of the recently released, current pins not found in Pinpics) its slowly becoming the place for pins. Pins appear instantly once a user adds them. Please double check to confirm pin(s) are not already listed and please create a nice/helpful/searchable listing (searchable: use all the words someone else might use to search for the pin.)

Please consider pintradingdb.com :)

Rah Rah Rah

16. Gelatoni

Gelatoni Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

A bit off topic but does anyone know the person who codes the front end of pintradingdb? I always go to pinpics or google instead of pintradingdb because of the way search is designed.

Looking at the back of a pin, I can usually get info on edition size, origin and year. Pinpics allows combining these filters together along with a search term (ex. Mickey and Minnie) but pintradingdb does not. Obviously, a huge shortcoming of pinpics filters is that they're not up to date with recent years and many edition sizes missing. If pintradingdb ever implements year/LE size filters, maybe using min/max may be better.

Lizard1515 likes this.
  17. Ilikestarwarspins

Ilikestarwarspins Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

That's ryanfury right? I was curious if pintradingdb is still actively being coded.

I'm working on different kinds of databases for my main hobby kind of similar but smaller in scope (think 1000 pins not 35000 LOL). You can make search search multiple facets in code but the more facets you combine the bigger a tax it takes on searching through all the thousands of entries. And depending on how well it is optimized it can cause it to crash haha.

18. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

@starry_solo

I always love the idea of improvements. :)

19. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

Going back to the main subject of this post. Are the PinPics facebook pins virtual? Someone told me they were.
    I couldn't find anything to indicate that but maybe I am just blind.

20. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

What is a virtual pin? Just a picture? I am confused.

Connies_Hobby likes this.
  21. momin.ator

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

I have no idea, but I was told that those pins are virtual.

22. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

They have a price and the one I just looked at says sold out... doesn't seem virtual. Do they mean the pins are sold on the internet and that is what is virtual (they are not sold in person?) Best we can do is guess...?

momin.ator likes this.
  23. momin.ator

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

I thought that Virtual pins seemed strange, but I was hoping someone would know. Guessing or not is a good idea.
    Well, if you have a "virtual" LE pin, it would sell out after that number of nothing is sold. :)

24. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

Hahaha

my mind is blown.

momin.ator likes this.
  25. momin.ator

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

I just read what I wrote and I can totally understand your confusion. :)

Connies_Hobby likes this.