Pinpics Facebook Pins

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by TheMickeyMouseRules, Oct 20, 2020.

1. figment919

figment919 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    147   0   0

2. figment919

figment919 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    147   0   0

Interesting if you take the video tour and go to the section where they explain what the Icons do, focus on the "?" icon description. "Holland the answer man"is mentioned. If you ever wondered what happen to "Scoop Sanderson" from WDW Main Street, I guess he is here now - sad. He was at the old PinPics PinCon events years ago after Disney let him go - did not renew contract I am told. So its no surprise he is still with the PinPics group I guess.

3. swscref

swscref Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

Holland was still working for Disney after Scoop ended, just doing other things.

4. pinnochiolover

pinnochiolover UK Collector/Trader

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

I am a member of pintradingdb.com, however I find adding my wants and trades slow which I have mentioned before, and there are few or none people listing their wants or trades. Of course most people are on platforms like facebook, but personally I don't have the time and prefer the convenience of offering trades via a site like pinpics or pintradingdb that matches possible traders. Its great to see all the many newer pins being listed on pintradingdb. However, it just seems that these types of sites are outdated now, as the majority use other options. P.S. it was the bluntness of the request that I objected to, considering the context of my post.

5. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

I don't/won't do Facebook or Instagram. For reasons unrelated to pin trading, so I am left with Pinpics, DPF, PTDB, etc. I find Pinpics to be very helpful with finding matches and when someone approaches me (usually via Pinpics) and asks me to trade with them on Facebook because they find it 'easier'... that just confuses me. No idea why Facebook trading would be easier. Anyway, totally with you on the convenience of Pinpics - just wish they would keep up with the new pins... but nothing I can do to change Pinpics.

I am sure the request was only meant in a 'Rah Rah Rah' spirit of helping PTDB (turning lemons into lemonade and all.) :)

pinnochiolover likes this.
  6. momin.ator

momin.ator Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

I do wish more people would consider trading on PTDB. I have done a couple.

7. TiggerSue

TiggerSue Want TIGGER PINS!!! on PinPics - FLTiggerSue

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

With PinPics being SOOOOOO behind on adding pins, I've added a new section to my Collection spreadsheet with PTDB numbers. :( :(

My problem with trying to Trade via PTDB is most of my Wants are much older pins.

In person, PinPics or this trusted Forum are my only real options. Sooo......

Lets Trade!! :tigger: :tigger:

TheMickeyMouseRules likes this.
  8. momin.ator

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

We don't have any matches or I would trade with you! :)

9. cyke23

cyke23 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

I did that too....adding a new column in my spreadsheet for PTDB. I'm slowly adding more PTDB numbers on my spreadsheet; I'm at slightly over double the inventory in pinpics vs what i have in PTDB.

10. rik1138

rik1138 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0

Yes, they are virtual pins, or 'digital pins'. It's a blockchain commodity like BitCoin. They will only release, say, 400 of a certain 'pin', and each one is a digital crypto code (think 400 unique serial numbers). When you buy one, one of those 400 codes is stored in your Panopolis 'pin wallet'. Only 400 people can do it for an LE400 pin. Then, when the Panopolis City thing goes live, you can log into it and see your entire virtual collection. You can then sell them or trade them with other Panopolis City members... But there are no physical pins.

If you can't comprehend BitCoin, it'll probably be hard to comprehend these... (Not trying to insult, I have a hard time grasping the concept myself... :) ) Topps did something similar with Star Wars 'virtual trading cards' on a phone app a number of years ago (no idea if it's still a thing or not), and some of the 'limited edition' virtual cards would sell for $100s. Crypto Kitties is another fun thing like this... (Collecting and breeding digital cats. :) )

Sure, anyone can copy/paste the image itself, but you can't officially trade/sell it in the Panopolis City website (or whatever, I gather that isn't live yet) unless you have one of the real ones, protected by the blockchain cryptography.

It'll be interesting to see if anyone actually cares...

11. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

Ah, Thank you for the information. I think I understand now.

Philisophically, things are worth what each person thinks they are worth. US treasury money is only worth anything, because we believe it is worth one dollar, five dollars, etc. Metal pins are only worth anything, because pin traders believe they are worth something. I truly do not see it happening (for me), but in the theme of never say never, maybe Panopolis will come out with a virtual pin design that is so amazing I will just have to own it. I assume this is the mentality they are banking on (pun intended.) Hahaha

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    TiggerSue and Ilikestarwarspins like this.
  12. figment919

figment919 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    147   0   0

My opinion, PinPics is just drifting further and further away from just keeping the Pin Database up-to-date, or, just giving the collectors what they want. Sad - I will not get involved with that virtual pin thing. Just fix/update the site, or sell it to someone who will.

13. momin.ator

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

Thank you so much for explaining this. I think it is strange and it is not Disney.

14. figment919

figment919 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    147   0   0

From PinPics owner:

Dear PinPics Pin Pals!

You may have heard for the 20th Anniversary of Disney Pin Trading, PinPics announced it will be transitioning to its new platform, Panopolis City. But there’s plenty of exciting news you may not have heard, and we’re excited to bring you up to speed.

But before we do that, we want you to know we heard you, and we’re planning a campaign to get the pin database up to date as quickly as possible. There have been limited resources, and a lot of challenges getting accurate information and properly formatted images. Nonetheless, we are determined, and with the new platform, there will be automated search and other features that have been in development for years. No one is more excited than we are for you to have the best database possible, and it won’t be much longer till that dream comes true.

Now, here’s what’s wonderful about the Panopolis City platform:

First, you can do everything you do with the current PinPics database: find info on an individual pin; discover pins that fit into your collection; keep an inventory of your collection, wants and traders; and connect with other Pin Pals for trades and sales. What’s more… we want to put the fun back into pin trading!

Panopolis City lets you do it all within a simulated city-living game where you can design and develop your own personalized slice of a revolutionary digital world. Imagine living in a virtual neighborhood of pin traders… a place built for us, by us…a place where you can show off and share all kinds of collections. Best of all, you’ll be among the first to discover a place where you can own property and build on it to create a lifestyle that’s fully your own. Panopolis City brings you all the fun of collecting and trading just like in real life, only it’s happening in a cool and fully customizable virtual environment that includes member exclusives and other pin surprises.

And the fun doesn’t stop there! Panopolis City is built right next door to the theme parks of Panopolis, with 20 themed lands and environments in development for you to endlessly explore. There’ll be rides, shows, games and attractions for every age. And with your very own place in Panopolis City, you’re always just minutes away from amazing theme park adventures based on timeless tales and brand new original content. And since it’s all about the pins, we’re leading the way for the future of pin collecting with Digital Collectibles based on the immersive environs of Panopolis, with new and original tales destined to become classics.

Our digital pin collections are already selling out fast, but you don’t have to buy anything to get started collecting. Like us on our Facebook PinPics page to be included in our Live Pin Games, and be among the first to learn about the future of fun at panopolis.com and panopoliscity.com.

Best Regards,
    Lenny
    Creative Explorer

Ilikestarwarspins likes this.
  15. rik1138

rik1138 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0

So, it's basically Second Life for pin collectors... :)

I wonder if it will be programmed to work with VR headsets...

16. nateeter

nateeter Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0

According to what he told us when we visited them in February, yes, it will work with VR headsets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. TiggerSue

TiggerSue Want TIGGER PINS!!! on PinPics - FLTiggerSue

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

O M G !! WHAT the Heck??

ALL I want to do is use the Pins I have for Trade to acquire Pins I'd like to own & display in my home. On my REAL walls. :) :)

Is that to much to ask of PinPics?? That's what it was created for in the first place. It has sure changed a LOT since the days of DizPins!! :(

18. rik1138

rik1138 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0

Watch Ready Player One... We are heading there fast... We'll end up never leaving our homes, living our life with a monitor strapped over our eyes...

And we'll look like the humans from Wall-E... :)

bcol, Pecosace, starry_solo and 2 others like this.
  19. Cheshirecat26

Cheshirecat26 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    105   0   0

Over the last few months I discovered the Topps Star Wars trading cards app, it still is around. There is also a Disney version and Marvel. It seems all 3 are popular and still have many options for using real money to get virtual digital trading cards. There is even a limited edition El Captain card that came out in the Disney app.

20. splashmtnman

splashmtnman All Wet and Sad

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

But there are no physical pins.

I wonder if they will have a digital Mona Lisa for sale??? or the Brooklyn Bridge

or the gold, silver, platinum, copper, black, red versions of LE's

How do you wear a Virtual Pin??? Pin your phone to your chest?

Fool me once (Pinopolis Fine Art) shame on you, fool me twice shame on me...

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    bcol, Connies_Hobby, Pecosace and 4 others like this.
  21. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

Hahaha... so true.

Connies_Hobby likes this.
  22. figment919

figment919 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    147   0   0

For the millionth time JUST FIX AND UPDATE the Database!!! They are going so far away from what their audience wants its ridiculous.

bcol, Connies_Hobby, Pecosace and 3 others like this.
  23. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    150   0   0

Fixing the database is not in their interest... its never going to happen.

Moving on...

24. akarih

akarih Resident "Young Person"

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Digital... pins. You know of the many things one can do online collecting seems to be one of the less effective things to do digitally. To each their own I guess?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

25. pinnochiolover

pinnochiolover UK Collector/Trader

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

Virtual pins? Just sounds like a collection of my "Most Wanted", I have pictures of them but never own them, but this time I've actually paid to not own them! Ha!