• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PinPics - New Format / Big Site Changes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to reset my password and get into the new site, but was largely disappointed since the site seems much harder and less intuitive to use now. I’m trying not to pass too early of a judgement in case some of my gripes are addressed after it’s fully up and running after the switchover, so I’ll just leave the site alone for a week or two and come back to it.

I’m going to focus my pin time and energy into building up my account on Pin and Pop in anticipation of the trade event in the meantime.

The LE numbers under each pin specs is showing today. Still can't view a member's collection, but instead of the plain error, I see a large page of server error html. Anyone know if there is a way to see hte wants/trades on a pin without loading the entire pin page for each pin?

Make sure you turn on trade assisstant under your profile. It seems the default is set to off.
Thanks! That is a VERY important piece of information. Unfortunately I get a server error when I try to change it but maybe the system is just overwhelmed at the moment.

Thanks! That is a VERY important piece of information. Unfortunately I get a server error when I try to change it but maybe the system is just overwhelmed at the moment.
Even though the error comes when you save the change, I think it should have saved it. It did for me. When you go back in, does it think it is on or off?

Hey . . . I just sent you a couple of trade requests to see if your trade assist is working (you can ignore the trade requests). I assume if you get them, then your trade assist is on! :)

Reactions: Ajk
Hey . . . I just sent you a couple of trade requests to see if your trade assist is working (you can ignore the trade requests). I assume if you get them, then your trade assist is on! :)
Thanks! Yup, got them. Gotta say, I do NOT like the new trade messages. There is no longer a picture of the pin, just the name so I have to go through some effort to figure out/know which pins are being offered. It doesn't even have the pinpics # so it is harder to search to go find it so I can look at trades/wants, LE, etc. And I don't see anywhere that I can delete messages so the offers will sit there even though I've said No Thanks, etc. Ugh. Hopefully I am just working it wrong.

Oh, I haven't had one of those this morning yet. What gets a 404? I'm getting the 500 and 505 server errors on some things. I did get a 404 form my old browser bookmark, as I did have to change it.
A 404 means the resource it is looking for, such as a script or web page, was not found. A 500 is usually caused by a code error in the script. A 505 error indicates that they are trying to use a version of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) that is not supported.

Thanks! Yup, got them. Gotta say, I do NOT like the new trade messages. There is no longer a picture of the pin, just the name so I have to go through some effort to figure out/know which pins are being offered. It doesn't even have the pinpics # so it is harder to search to go find it so I can look at trades/wants, LE, etc. And I don't see anywhere that I can delete messages so the offers will sit there even though I've said No Thanks, etc. Ugh. Hopefully I am just working it wrong.

Oh, can you send me one? I havne't been able to see a new message yet, since I haven't gotten one yet.

OK . . . I received an email notification when I received a reply to a trade request. That's something I haven't had for a year at least! However, I'm a bit unsure about some of the inbox features. The little buttons next to the messages . . . not sure. I clicked a little blue thing and I think it sent a message without me typing. But, replying seems fine (for basic text, odd that you can't format). I wish they had conversation view, though. Instead of having no record of previous messages. I could see going to email right off if a trade was serious. But, anyone who wants to practice, feel free to send me a trade request (I'll assume it is a dummy request!) and we can test the messaging!

Sent some replies @stratasfan . Basically, it is horrendous IMO. The messages are not linked in any way, so basically no trail of the communication. And now I have about 12 rows in my messages all for a single trade. And need to look at each one separately to see what was said at any point, outgoing or incoming. AND I can't delete them!!

As for your one that got cut off, I am guessing the system can't handle single quotes. So you lose everything after that.

I repeat...Ugh.

Last edited:
Sent some replies @stratasfan . Basically, it is horrendous IMO. The messages are not linked in any way, so basically no trail of the communication. And now I have about 12 rows in my messages all for a single trade. And need to look at each one separately to see what was said at any point, outgoing or incoming.

As for your one that got cut off, I am guessing the system can't handle single quotes. So you lose everything after that.

I repeat...Ugh.

I hope that "conversation" view is something coming. Or else I will get really good about asking traders to swap to email if a trade looks serious. I have an email only for pins, so I think it is about to get used more! Single quotes . . . that's an idea. I'll try another. If so, that's a tech issue they should be able to fix. Hope that PP staff reads this thread! :)

I don't mean to pile on, but I also don't like that "confirm trade" button, especially since it is on every incoming message. So if someone sends me a trade and I send a message back saying "No thanks", they can click that button and suddenly I have a message saying that the other person has confirmed our trade. Of course I don't have to click to confirm on my side, but still kind of an annoyance. Not sure why they need that button.

OMG it gets worse! Rather than separate From and To fields there is only "User". For outbound messages, it lists who you sent it to. But for inbound, it lists you! So if you have multiple inbounds from different people, there is no way to know who each is from without clicking to look at it. Please stop!!

I don't mean to pile on, but I also don't like that "confirm trade" button, especially since it is on every incoming message. So if someone sends me a trade and I send a message back saying "No thanks", they can click that button and suddenly I have a message saying that the other person has confirmed our trade. Of course I don't have to click to confirm on my side, but still kind of an annoyance. Not sure why they need that button.

Oh, it eh little blue button a "Confirm Trade" button? I hit it by accident and it popped up a sent thing and I had no idea what it was!

OMG it gets worse! Rather than separate From and To fields there is only "User". For outbound messages, it lists who you sent it to. But for inbound, it lists you! So if you have multiple inbounds from different people, there is no way to know who each is from without clicking to look at it. Please stop!!

You are right . . . I just realised that! I only get to see the username of someone I send to and then if someone sends to me, I see who they sent to (being me!)! Maybe they can get an inbox that has sent and received like every other place? Is this a Facebook thing or something that has everything in one inbox?

Me watching y'all sort through the mess so my lazy butt will know when it's safe to try myself. Hahaha. Bless you, my children. No thread has been this lively in ages.

15bae7dc600e4a77902711c5991a50ab.gif

Sent some replies @stratasfan . Basically, it is horrendous IMO. The messages are not linked in any way, so basically no trail of the communication. And now I have about 12 rows in my messages all for a single trade. And need to look at each one separately to see what was said at any point, outgoing or incoming. AND I can't delete them!!

I repeat...Ugh.

Hey . . . just saw something . . . the trimmed messages. They came through complete in the EMAIL I received. But on PinPics, I can't see anything past the apostrophe. Just an additional bit of info there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back