• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PinPics - New Format / Big Site Changes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PinPics - New Format / Big Site Changes!
Personally, the jury is still out, as it applies to my Opinion. Not that it's important. LoL.

I've managed to log in, change my password. Log out, back in. Sent a Trade request. NO bites.

I dunno. Time will Tell. Good Luck with it everyone!

They keep saying in the forum that it was beta tested and none of these issues came up. Apparently all the problems have taken them by surprise.
My only guess is that the testers weren't actual users/pin traders, so they didn't know what was missing.
Just curious, what forum?

I am struggling with the messaging and trading.

I have received a few trade offers for which I would like make. But I need to hover over the eye icon to see who sent it and when I try to look them up to see if we can have a multiple trade the member database can't find them. This is totally making me super nervous as I have never been offered these trades and I'm not sure if the members exist or not. It's like I'm getting phantom trade offers :hatbox::D

Took some work to get the right account logged in (thank you for suggestions on fixes, @hopemax !), but I made it and have verified that everything is as it should be. Haven't tried any messages or trades yet. That seems like a future me problem.

I am struggling with the messaging and trading.

I have received a few trade offers for which I would like make. But I need to hover over the eye icon to see who sent it and when I try to look them up to see if we can have a multiple trade the member database can't find them. This is totally making me super nervous as I have never been offered these trades and I'm not sure if the members exist or not. It's like I'm getting phantom trade offers :hatbox::D
That message shows the trader's actual name, but if you click on the icon that looks like a paper organizer, that message should tell you their username. Hope that makes sense.

I’ve been playing around with it but the HUGE gap in its pin base makes it currently impractical to use..

Not to mention the hundreds of duplicate listings their mods let through over the past several years because they clearly didn't know what was already there. :(

Reactions: -em
There used to be a way to see who has a pin on your wants list and a way to see if any of your listed trade pins matched their want list. I can see the other persons entire wants list, not just the pins that match. I don't have time (patience) to scroll through 1200 wants for each person that has a pin I'm looking to get. Anyone know if I'm missing something?

There used to be a way to see who has a pin on your wants list and a way to see if any of your listed trade pins matched their want list. I can see the other persons entire wants list, not just the pins that match. I don't have time (patience) to scroll through 1200 wants for each person that has a pin I'm looking to get. Anyone know if I'm missing something?
It is the "compare" feature. And yes - it is not there right now. Good news . . . it is currently being worked on and one of the three things they are actively getting worked on now, along with the new message system that is hopefully being put in later this week! I totally agree . . . It is needed! Right now, the best you can do is try and find your pin and click the "what pins can I get" and see what is shown and then reverse it, and see what they want by going through one of their pins that you want and seeing what you can offer.

Pinpics is quickly losing my interest and loyalty. The features they needed to fix, they didn’t. Instead they added fluff and a new layout and pretended it was fixed. Bleh

I don't think they beta tested with PP users, that's for sure. I'm trying to really stay positive, though, as it is our main place to trade. Right now, I'd say it is as bad as the old one, as far as features that work and don't work ratio. However, some key features are not working which make it really tough. I am really hoping they get the lead out and fix them sooner than later, since it obviously wasn't tested by actual traders. It should never have gone live like this. And it has been a month. But, really hoping they keep working on it. I don't want to write them off, because there isn't any place better. And I'd hate to lose the whole hobby because I got tired and didn't stick with it long enough. I mean, when PTDB is the best thing to go to . . .that's terrible. It is just as bad as the new PP and worse in the fact that there aren't as many people active on it, even.

Just remember all the other times things like this have happened and laugh. :)
Hee hee, i did something a little different. I rebelled and went back to the older pinpics site and experienced the way things used to be back from 2000 forward through the takeover. I know it doesn't do much for today but there was something so satisfying about being able to go back and use the old interface. And before anyone asks no the trading features etc do not work on the archived site but you can look through all the groups of pins and whatever pins were "new" on the day it was cataloged and for me this was so satisfying. (Here's a view from Dec 2009). I have a fond place in my heart for the old purple interface, nothing against those who like the newer stuff though :)

Last edited:
By the by i got an email from PP earlier about a live zoom you could register for (only 100 people) with Scoop. Just in case anyone was interested check your email they say once its full its full.

Link

Has anyone traded on Disney pin database before and had success

Yes . . .I've traded through there, but it is super hard to get one. I think you send out a few hundred messages at least to get one reply, and mostly it is people telling you their profile is outdated and they don't have the pins anymore. There is no trade system, so you have to PM a letter to each memebr and lay out all pin suggestions. Also, on PTDB you can list traders but turn off your message system. That means it looks like someone is trading a pin, and you go and type up a full message, and then when you hit send, you get the pop-up saying that member has shut off messages and there is no way to contact. So, when trades on a pin are listed, it isn't true. And I find most people on there are not active and don't answer.

Wait for the new messaging on PP and try it. It is still yards ahead of PTDB as far as online trading.

Scoop Sanderson was a character on Main Street. He was a reporter. He wore a long lanyard and traded pins.
He had a lot of APs and PPs. If you went to WDW, he was someone you would try to find as a pin trader. He
had his own pins that he would give out sometimes. Holland Hayes played that character. We traded with
him once.

pin89968

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back